• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PTS Precision Rifle Match, Aug 2-3

So uh Ryan Old Pal Kinda haven't heard Back on that Big target.... loooong time Deal...........................watcha thinking about that?

Just turn your mag up and the targets will look bigger!

On a serious note... the match will be a solid mix of target sizes and stage designs. This will not be about sending 50 rounds in 30 seconds. Every shot will be valuable in one way or another. A true Precision rifle approach.

So your telling me....mounting the Beast on the 240.....was not a solid idea then?

Without knowing exactly where the range is at can anyone tell me if there is a camp ground near by? I can spring the funds for a hotel but being a broke college student with a long range shooting obsession usually does not leave much extra cash!

Without knowing exactly where the range is at can anyone tell me if there is a camp ground near by? I can spring the funds for a hotel but being a broke college student with a long range shooting obsession usually does not leave much extra cash!

I know some guys generally pull a camper out to the main gathering area. Worst case you could probably put a tent there.

The original post identifies Cookeville, TN as the match area. The location of the land is kept off public forums because it is privately owned. Anyone who registers will receive exact location and directions before the match. Cookeville isn't that big, the match is just off I40, exit 286.

Please direct any camping requests to me, they must be cleared before anyone is allowed to camp on site.

Last edited:
I am sending my money off tomorrow and cant wait for this match! Time to start working on a way to carry mags ect.

I'm pumped. I'm not going to be able to pull a trigger hardly at all in June and July so this is will be awesome. Plus Ryan, Scott, and ROs put on a fun well thought out and tested match.

Just dropped my payment off at USPS only to come home and cut my left trigger finger down to the bone and halfway around my finger. I know the match is a ways off still but I sure hope there isnt any weak side shooting! I hope the feeling comes back in it soon.

Last edited:
Big Dog Steel will be sponsoring a stage as well as shooting. Also, there's still time to purchase the wobbly barricade Tom has for sale and pick it up at the match.

Well... going into this we swore that we had more than enough targets.

That didn't last long... Im sure we had more than enough but we just ordered a bunch more brand new steel. Some standard stuff and some pretty cool newer stuff. In short, there will be no shortage of targets.

Ryan at Big Dog Steel has been a great guy for us, every single match we run. He is even making our trophies for us this year. Ill post pics once they are done but I can tell you that they are going to be bad ass.

The match is fast approaching and the roster is slammed full of great guys. This is going to be a great one.

Shooters,

Although this is a cash payout match and we have not asked anyone for sponsorship, the amazing companies that fuel this sport have gone out of their way to bring something extra to the match.

We were contacted by several sponsors that wanted to add something to the match. Because of their dedication to this sport and its shooters, PTS will have a few extra things for some lucky shooters.

The following sponsors have gone out of their way to donate:

Bushnell

McRees Precision

Big Dog Steel

Defiance Machine

Accuracy Addiction

Hawk Hill Custom

DPMS

More to follow...

What types of rules are you looking for?

If you have been to any major tactical precision rifles matches then it's the same general rules.

Safety will be addressed on site at the initial brief. Velocity and caliber restrictions are in earlier posts.

Side note... many are still asking but yes we are completely full and we have a waiting list. We have over 100 shooters on the match list.

Knight I was the one that sent you the email last night thanks for adding us to the standby roster. Where are you at in Charleston, I am in between MC and GC

Sorry if I missed it somewhere but how much ammo do I need to bring?

Does your chrono read on the high side or the low side? :)

-Bryan

Shooters,

We are just under a month away from the match. Planning is going great and we are in line for a great match. The roster is jam packer with over 100 shooters and for those wondering, yes we still have a waiting list. Talent is coming in from across the country and we have a course of fire planned that will be both testing and fun.

Emails will go out to all competitors 2 weeks before the match with full details. Round count is not 100% perfected yet but it will be no more than 200 rounds.

This is shaping up to be a great one, get your gear in order and we will see you in a few weeks!

Last edited:
Sneak Preview of the trophies we are doing for the match.

Hope you all enjoy them! BTW if you can look at the first photo without thinking or better yet yelling 'Merica!! You may need a new hobby...

ptsflag.jpg

ptstrophies.jpg

Dude.... Badass!!!! Those trophies look sick!!!

'MERICA!!! ...couldn't help myself

I'm gonna go now and just wait quietly at the range for 4 days.......Hurry up Friday !!!

We had a great time at the match. Thanks a lot Scott and Ryan for putting together another awesome course of fire and a big thank you to all of the ROs. It was nice to see some familiar faces and meet some new folks. Ryan, Scott- we look forward to continuing to shoot and sponsor your matches, Thanks Again.