• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Public Service Announcement ala Raineer

n2ishun

Bend over I'll drive
Minuteman
  • Jan 2, 2022
    Kansas
    beer.com
    Heads up, Rainier was hacked sometime last year.
    I just got a letter from them saying my credit card data was stolen (no-fucking-shit you assholes, that's why I have a new one now).
    So, between June 1 2021 and Jan 19 2022 if you purchased anything from Rainier with a credit card.....YOU are fucked.

Knowing a few tidbits about the way this shit works.....it was probably an inside job (disgruntled employee).
    Funny how a charge to Chipotle for just over 100 was on my credit card, and there isn't a Chipotle within 300 miles of me.

You know what to do.
    I know what not to do.....order anything from Rainier ever again.
    If it takes them 1 full year to figure this shit out.....it's not important to them, at all.

No joke, you just saved this poor some money.

I was about to order a 5.56 front cap for my Sandman...

I see this post, do a quick search on my email to see if I've ever ordered anything from Rainer - and sure enough, the only thing I've ever ordered from them was a 5.56 front cap for a Sandman.

Thank you, sir. Now just need to find it.

Never expected the OP to go full back-up-guitar-player over some trivial credit card fraud that his bank would have caught if they were worth two shits. But whatever.

Also curious why, if Rainier “was hacked” we should never buy from them again. If they sold the data, sure. If they have the worlds worst security on their online sales tech, maybe. But if they got hacked, once, even if it was “an inside job”, I’m not inclined to think it’s a deal breaker if I ever desperately need something from them. Of course, it sounds like my bank doesn’t suck as much as the OPs so maybe my opinion is skewed.

Last edited:
    My card gets stolen once a year. Just had it stolen last week. No idea where from, just happens even if you only use larger name retailers.

Never expected the OP to go full back-up-guitar-player over some trivial credit card fraud that his bank would have caught if they were worth two shits. But whatever.
    You too ?
    Reading inability ?
    My bank DID catch it and that's why I stated that I have a new card now.

I was trying to do others a solid and let THEM know.
    Is that too much for you to assimilate ?
    Wait, don't answer that....it is, and you've made it very clear.

Meh,

Thanks for the reminder I need to place another order from them.

Fuck my CC’s OPSEC.

Reactions: JS8588
    No joke, you just saved this poor some money.

I was about to order a 5.56 front cap for my Sandman...

I see this post, do a quick search on my email to see if I've ever ordered anything from Rainer - and sure enough, the only thing I've ever ordered from them was a 5.56 front cap for a Sandman.

Thank you, sir. Now just need to find it.

What a dick move......

I thought Rainier had the 5.56 end caps in stock. I have been looking for one for a year......

Thanks for getting my hopes up and then crushing them.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL