• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Pulsar Thermal

Sgp12345

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Sep 17, 2021
CA
Spent $3500 on a Pulsar trail thermal for some night time shooting and realized after I got it, it only has 2 color options (white and black hot). I really wanted the red option. My fault of course, but can’t believe I missed it. Eurooptic is kind of all over the place with descriptions and it didn’t specifically mention any color options so guess I assumed it had many options like most seem to nowadays. I know, cool story.

When it comes to nighttime hunting, does it really matter what color the image is? I know white and black are the standard and what’s been around for a long time, but not sure if those newer colors bring anything else to the table.. I wanted the other options for the “cool” factor, but if they don’t provide any additional benefit, I guess I can live without.
🤷‍♂️

Could try to return/ swap for a different one but I opened and played with it for a bit so not sure how that’d go.

Most guys that hunt lots of hours run either white or black hot as it causes less eye strain. That said, some brands look better than others even though they are similar specs. A great example is the Iray cores IMO look not nearly as crisp as a BAE core on black hot. My Bering Super Yoter looked ok on BH but my Nvision looks incredible on BH.

From my experience of many many "all nighters" in various conditions, black hot is the best in fog, rain and super high humidity. White hot pops great on cold, low humidity nights. Black also seems to be easier to shoot with if you are shooting uphill on a skyline.

Currently I scan on white hot with a NOX 35 and shoot on black hot with a Halo XRF.

Thanks for replies. Maybe I’ll just stick with it and get a monocular for scanning that has all the cool colors

Spent $3500 on a Pulsar trail thermal for some night time shooting and realized after I got it, it only has 2 color options (white and black hot). I really wanted the red option. My fault of course, but can’t believe I missed it. Eurooptic is kind of all over the place with descriptions and it didn’t specifically mention any color options so guess I assumed it had many options like most seem to nowadays. I know, cool story.

When it comes to nighttime hunting, does it really matter what color the image is? I know white and black are the standard and what’s been around for a long time, but not sure if those newer colors bring anything else to the table.. I wanted the other options for the “cool” factor, but if they don’t provide any additional benefit, I guess I can live without.
🤷‍♂️

Could try to return/ swap for a different one but I opened and played with it for a bit so not sure how that’d go.
I actually work at Pulsar USA. What Pulsar Trail model did you buy? Did you buy it new recently or a used model? Does it have the LRF? Our Trail 2 LRF models all had 8-color display palettes. Only first-generation Trails (non-LRF), and then later LRF models had white hot/black hot. All Trail 2s had the color. If you have the SKU # on the label on the bottom next to the serial #, I can give you specs. We haven't offered any Trail riflescopes now in quite a while. We are on second generation Thermion and Talion thermal/multispectral riflescopes (Thermion 2, Thermion 2 Pro, Thermion Duo). Cheers!

I actually work at Pulsar USA. What Pulsar Trail model did you buy? Did you buy it new recently or a used model? Does it have the LRF? Our Trail 2 LRF models all had 8-color display palettes. Only first-generation Trails (non-LRF), and then later LRF models had white hot/black hot. All Trail 2s had the color. If you have the SKU # on the label on the bottom next to the serial #, I can give you specs. We haven't offered any Trail riflescopes now in quite a while. We are on second generation Thermion and Talion thermal/multispectral riflescopes (Thermion 2, Thermion 2 Pro, Thermion Duo). Cheers!
It was the trail XP38. Refurbished. I was able to return/exchange for a talion.

Reactions: DopeMan
White hot for me, feels like it creates less night blindness. I want my viewer as dark as possible.

I got a new thermal with multiple colors and realize I mostly prefer the white hot.. still like having the other options