• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Pulsar Thermion XG-50 thoughts

Jip4012

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 1, 2020
E NC
I see that the Thermion XG-50s are currently heavily discounted and was wondering if there are any serious issues with the units, or is inventory being eliminated due to new products expected soon? other feedback I’ve seen on here seems to be favorable for the most part. I’m in the southeast and looking for a unit for use on .223 and possibly up to .308 AR type rifles. Humidity is a concern. Shots wouldn’t exceed 300 yds, but would mostly be 200 yds or less. My budget range is $2-4k and I’d prefer something with a non-Chinese core. Pulsar seems to be about the only offering in my budget that has a non-Chinese core. Thanks in advance for any responses.

Tagging in. I’m in the same budget range and have been watching a ton of videos on them. Just can’t seem to pull the trigger on one.

Reactions: Jip4012
Had one till the Nvis X50 came out and sold it.
It was a good scope, but pulsar couldn't make the BAE part to mesh with their components to get the full benefits of the BAE, so it couldn't be upgraded.
It was a power hungry scope, but I compensated for that by buying extra batteries.
The newer thermion scope's have a much better image and battery consumption.
It's been discontinued, so if it brakes they'll fix it till they run out of parts.
Buy a scope from a reputable dealer you can talk to, not Amazon, as they just re package the returned scopes and pass them on.

SJC

We have one, and it’s pretty awesome.

For the price they are selling for, I wouldn’t hesitate. You won’t won’t find a native 3x scope with comparable image quality for less. It may not be everything a BAE core can be, I don’t know as I’ve never had any of the trijicons. But those are $8000.

I think they are converting the XG line to have a lrf. Might explain the discontinue?