• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Punch list for repairs

Just started randomly having issues connecting to some threads through the "Notifications" links. It will give me this instead of the thread:

"Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page.
Please try logging in or logging in as different user Login or send a message to the admin"

I am logged in and subsequent attempts to try and access that thread during that session will get the same result. It is, as mentioned, seemingly random.

This has now happened on two different computers from two different locations, so I don't think it is related to my cache or other computer specific issues, but am open to suggestions.

Thanks.

Just started randomly having issues connecting to some threads through the "Notifications" links. It will give me this instead of the thread:

Please try logging in or logging in as different user Login or send a message to the admin"

I am logged in and subsequent attempts to try and access that thread during that session will get the same result. It is, as mentioned, seemingly random.

This has now happened on two different computers from two different locations, so I don't think it is related to my cache or other computer specific issues, but am open to suggestions.

Thanks.

Yep, exact same thing happening to me just as Lash describes. Gremlins in the system....?

Thanks.

I wonder if something didn't go wonky with Notifications. If you see my issue a few posts up, my Notifications started going crazy last night and are still at it

They have a ticket in for the server errors, it's the vBulletin DB crashing at times, they were working on it today

Any guesses on why I'm getting a notification every time a Firearms thread pops up in the PX? It's as though I have a blanket subscription to the Firearms PX. I've checked my settings and I'll be damned if I can figure out how I did that without having knowingly changed anything.

If it's something I need to change I'd appreciate it if you could let me know what to do. Thanks

Yeah, same thing happens to me with any post in the Bear Pit. I made the mistake of posting something in a thread there and now, every time someone posts something in any thread there or starts a new thread there, Ma vB lets me know. At first I thought that it was just because I'm so popular, but then I realized that is only in my mind... :) I imagine it probably has something to do with the problem that Frank has submitted a ticket for.

My issue is email notifications. I had them off since I discovred that they existed but they still plague my email with notifications. The last thing I want is emails every time someone "likes" anything. Capture.JPG

Edit: Looks like there is another spot for email stuff. Its the dbtech post thanks settings and there is a little box to disable emails. Not sure if thats it because I havent gotten a like since but I bet that the likes arent beholden to just the normal notification settings.

Attachments

• image_51858.jpg
    image_51858.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Is there any way when you click on a thread for it to go to the most recent post?

Is there any way when you click on a thread for it to go to the most recent post?

Yes, if you are in desktop mode. Notice on the very right side, in the Last Post column where it says:
by Jrb572
03-30-2017, 02:28 PM >>

Click on the ">>" and it will take you to the last post of that thread.

You can do lash's method for the very last post. Or you can do what I learned and click the little green circle to go to the first unread post. The green circle works for both desktop as well as my phone through a browser. Cant speak to what the app version looks like.
Capture.JPG

Attachments

• Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    462 bytes · Views: 26
I did not know that, Spife. Thanks, I learnt sumptin' new.

I was in here bitching about it but lowlight told me of it's existence. Been staring at it all along before that just flipping page numbers every time.

How about upgrading my post count to 101 for the sake of posting in the PX. If it's not needed for that, then I'm OK with where it's at now.

Posting to see if I have the necessary amount

Guess not?

ETA: Can I get bumped to 100 for the PX so I don't have to spend half the day shitposting?

Last edited:
Hahaha THANKS!

I have a minor issue when I first visit the home page for forums. I log in, and stay logged in - but only on the home page it says I'm not logged in. If I enter username and password, and then stay on the home screen it still appears that I'm not logged in.. but as soon as I enter a subform i.e. Equipment Exchange - it shows that I'm logged in and my notifications appear. Just never on the home page for some reason.

I'm running a Mac on latest version of OS Sierra. This only happens on Safari though. Doesn't happen with Chrome, but I never use Chrome - so that sucks for me.

Last edited:
I didn't ask for page numbers, but I don't want your work to go unappreciated, so;
geeze, thanks Frank!

On a more serious suck up level, I do appreciate all the crap you go through just so that guys like us get to hang out at a place like this.

Hahaha THANKS!

I have a minor issue when I first visit the home page for forums. I log in, and stay logged in - but only on the home page it says I'm not logged in. If I enter username and password, and then stay on the home screen it still appears that I'm not logged in.. but as soon as I enter a subform i.e. Equipment Exchange - it shows that I'm logged in and my notifications appear. Just never on the home page for some reason.

I'm running a Mac on latest version of OS Sierra. This only happens on Safari though. Doesn't happen with Chrome, but I never use Chrome - so that sucks for me.

I get the same with my Mac and Chrome, probably has to do with I haven't cleared my cookies yet and my bookmark defaults to the "http" versus "https" first. What I do is click the "FORUMS" button on the top menu bar, and it immediately reverts me to logged in and under https. Try that when you first pull up the forum, re-bookmark it, maybe that will fix it.

Oh, and I'm glad the page numbers are back as well. I'd say thanks Frank, but that would be too homo for the Bear Pit lately so I asked your lady for a comment:

gaga-idgaf.gif

Frank, still not able to see the large sticky threads... like DTA, either the phone or the computer

My thinks I only have 3 guns

Praise Jesus the SH site is back! :D

My post count should be 552 based on my last post on the shit (I mean scout) site.

And I will no longer have to use "whydoesitsucknow" to login...

Post count from old site Posts: 123 on all sites
Thank you sir!

4.0/5 on all sites
Title: Sergeant

Why do I keep getting "notifications" on threads I'm not "subscribed" to....???

Did you accidentally toggle the "subscribe" button at the top of the sub-forum or thread?

Did you accidentally toggle the "subscribe" button at the top of the sub-forum or thread?

No, that's the weird thing. The ones that show up on the "notifications" tab are usually ones that I AM subscribed to but I get ones that are just random ones too that I am not subscribed to. Just a bug in the system I guess. Not that big a deal, just thought I'd bring it up as chances are others are getting some of these too, maybe something that can be added to the "fix list" at some point.

Well, since you asked, I checked it out and sure enough, I had somehow check subscribe to the Bear Pit, but not to Maggie's Drawers. Thanks for the heads up.

Anyone know why I keep getting notifications for threads I'm subscribed to that then tell me I'm not authorized to read them?? Is it something I'm doing or just a gremlin in the system?

It happens to me sometimes too. I found that if I just dismiss that notification and then go directly to the thread it's all good.

it seems random.

Hey Frank
Looking to merge my old account with username Nuke Man into this one. The email I had it set up with is long gone and I can't remember my password.
I was a sergeant with 475 posts and join date of March 2012.
Thanks man