• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Movie Theater Punisher: Warzone

MidwestPX

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 11, 2009
Kansas City
About halfway through it and I've gotta say, the previous one with Thomas Jane was significantly better. This one is a little over the top and the "no background checks at gun shows" line irked me a bit.

Re: Punisher: Warzone

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greg Langelius *</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Only seen the trailers, I liked the original with Jane (in fact I bought it last month on clearance. you maintain patience and eventually everything sells for $4 at Wallworld/Target. I have a binder with over 200 DVD's), but this one seems like it's gonna be comic hero campy. Somebody please let me know if I was right.

Greg </div></div>

This one is over-the-top in unrealistic violence and gun-play. While I wouldn't consider the previous Punisher movie's script to be Oscar-worthy, this one is just terrible. Thomas Jane was an infinitely better Punisher and Frank Castle. Honestly, I wouldn't spend $4 on this movie.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greg Langelius *</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Would? </div></div>

Whoops! Fixed.

Completely improbable bullet ballistics leads to a movie that should have been called "Punisher: Wetworks".

Ray Stevenson makes a MUCH better "true to" comic book Punisher than Thomas Jane. Jane was as limp as overcooked spaghetti. Acting was horrible, plot was thinner than Lindsay Lohan after 3 weeks of binging and purging.

Entertaining? Yes, if you like splatter-fests like I do.
Realistic? No, not even close.
Worth seeing? Maybe if absolutely NO other choices are available.
Worth seeing twice? No.

Jack

"no background checks at gun shows" line irked me a bit. I caught that too.

If Ray Stevenson would have been in the first one instead of Thomas Jane, that would have been a much better movie.

The second one was more comic booky and you just had to take it like it is I guess.

I agree, the first Punisher was more entertaining and Stevenson was the better Punisher. After a short time (15-20 minutes?) I found myself back at the Hide and occasionally looking at the movie. I only did that because my wife bought it for me (I hate it when she does that!)

Am i the only one that remembers Dolph Lundgren?
punisher-dolph-lundgren.jpg

Hell no gimmefuel...I have seen every Dolph B movie once only

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Megacab</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ray Stevenson makes a MUCH better "true to" comic book Punisher than Thomas Jane. Jane was as limp as overcooked spaghetti. </div></div>

+ 100 On Stevenson

When I saw the opening scence where he killed EVERYONE at the dinner table I thought "Whoa! This is gonna follow the comic book!"

But then... the rest of the movie started.

My Daughter liked it............. For what it's worth

At least in the Thomas Jane movie, John Ravolting gets killed at the end of the movie. Let's face it, the movies are never gonna be as awesome as the comic books. At least in Warzone, they had Microman, although they completely screwed up the whole thing there too. Ah-Well, I guess I'll have to put in "To Hell and Back" again, catch a Real Hero instead of a Reel hero. I look at these kinds of movies like I do "Boondock Saints" or "The Professional" not realistic by any standard of the word, but great if you just want to take a brain-dump for a while.

Just managed to pick up <span style="font-style: italic">Punisher</span>, with Thos. Jane, for $4 in WallyWorld. Ditto for <span style="font-style: italic">Heat</span>, and <span style="font-style: italic">Secondhand Lions</span>. Good visit.

Greg