• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Purchasing a Thunderbeast Suppressor Monday....Help me decide.

Purchasing a Thunderbeast Suppressor Monday....Help me decide.

• 30p-1

Votes: 27 93.1%
  • 30ps

Votes: 2 6.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lrdchaos

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 19, 2011
Oklahoma
I am purchasing either the 30p-1 or the 30ps on Monday. They will see action on my 308, 6.5cm and limited time on my AR. My 308 has a 23in barrel, 6.5cm has the 26...Both rifles will be used for prone and BR matches. Which would you recommend? I haven't shot either and Have never shot a suppressor.

Either will be a good choice. If you don't plan on doing any tac-matches with confined areas, I would just get the 30p-1 it's slight quieter.

I just got my 30PS. Im really liking it so far. No discernable impact shift on my 19" Rem Varmint countour barrel. Much handier on an AR too compared to a typical 9" .30 can. Havnt been able to shoot it side by side with a 30P yet to compare.

For a first suppressor I say go for the longer and quieter can. Play with it for awhile and see what you like and dislike and then decide if a smaller/louder but handier can will fill any voids in your needs. I have a lot of suppressors from big to small but I use them for different tasks.

For a first suppressor I say go for the longer and quieter can. Play with it for awhile and see what you like and dislike and then decide if a smaller/louder but handier can will fill any voids in your needs. I have a lot of suppressors from big to small but I use them for different tasks.

I agree. I have the 30p1 and love it. It works great on my AR and is just awesome on my longer range rifles. It's pretty light too.... Although I finally ordered a 30ps.

I have a 30P-1 and would not trade it for a shorter one. That said I just bought a PSS, but plan to mostly just use it for subsonic blackout.

Just pulled the trigger on my first one this evening, I went with a 30BA since I will be using it on multiple hosts and already have one of the brakes, basically, I figure if 2" of length makes that big of a difference to me on a 26" barrel, I'll have the barrel cut to 24". Also after talking with a bunch of the guys I shoot with, they all suggested getting the full size can for my first one as suggested above, I also plan on using it on my 7WSM so every bit of noise reduction will be a plus on a sub caliber magnum.

Re-read Zak's post until you make up your mind.

I have a 30P-1. It's the quietest of six centerfire suppressors I own, plus accurate and 100% repeatable.

IMG_1059.jpg

+1 for the 30P-1. I run the 30BA, the brake attach version of the 30P-1, and I've been nothing but happy with it.

I told my guy that I wanted the 30p-1, going to get the paperwork started either this afternoon or Monday morning. Thanks for the quick responses.

You will be pleased with the 30P-1. Love my 30P-1 and the 30PSS for my 12.5" 6.8

Good choice. I just got to fondle my p1 and ps this week since they're sitting at my dealer. The ps is very noticeably smaller. I have yet to shoot them though.

Each one has one of my boys name and last 3 digits of their birth year as a serial number.

I shoot the 30PS in F T/R at 600 and 1000 off a 20" .308 Remington. I don't think you can go wrong with either choice. I bought direct and they sent to my SOT. I shoot between 185-195 in the matches so they are accurate.