• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PVA Solus Range Report

1911Shootist

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
  • Feb 16, 2020
    MN
    Got my PVA Solus out to the range today for its first test. Picked up one of their $1,100 barreled action deals with a 24” M24 contour in 6.5C.

Build list:
    Manners LRH
    Sawtooth ARCA rail
    MDT Precision Bottom Metal
    AW mags
    TT Special
    Vortex LHT 4-22
    1.26” PMR rings
    MDT double pull LW Ckye pod
    Nomad Ti w/E-Brake

Intent is to be a <16 lb NRLH build. I undershot and it’s sitting at 14.75 lb. I’ll probably add some weight to the inside of the rail &/or forend.

IMG_4118.jpeg

All factory ammo. Started at 100 yards with some 147 ELDM across the top, then tried some 140 ELDM across the bottom, and finished with Sig 140 in the middle. All 5-shot groups except that little one in the upper right (3 shots, 1st two were to get on paper).
    IMG_4111.jpeg

Then 200 yards with the Sig 140:
    Ballistic-X-Export-2023-12-21 17:43:10.296855.jpg

And finally 400 yards with Sig 140:
    Ballistic-X-Export-2023-12-21 17:40:57.978594.jpg

I had to rush the 200 & 400 yard groups due to dwindling daylight, breaking shots when the mirage let me see clearly rather than watching my heart and breathing.

Barrel:
    The barrel finish is excellent inside and out. Rifling lands (5) are narrower than I’ve seen before, with tapered sides (5R?). ~40 fps faster than the same ammo through the factory 22” barrel on my other Solus, shooting both brands of 140’s ~2660 fps. Chamber is like a mirror. Muzzle threads, shoulder and crown all look great. If there was any initial speed increase, it happened quick, maybe in the first 10-20 rounds.

Action:
    Functioned flawlessly. The action feels even better than my first Solus which took a few hundred cycles to smooth out. I think the lube they ship with is super sticky - step one once you get it should be a good cleaning and re-lube with some quality dry lube on the bolt and grease on the cocking ramp and back of the lugs.

All said, I’m pleased. Great option for custom barrel profiles.

Great to know Josh is getting them out the door; I’m waiting on a 20” 308 barreled action from him. Hoping it shows up soon!

Looks like you got a shooter; I would expect nothing less from PVA from my experience.

I was hoping for a few more ragged one hole groups, but seeing near 100% sub-moa performance with factory ammo is pretty darn good for the money. This is literally all the rounds I fired out of it, except for two sighters and a few at the gongs, no cherry picking.