• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Night Vision PVS-14 Vendor Recs

KarlHungus

DB
Minuteman
Oct 29, 2011
For the SH night time gurus...

I'm looking to pick up 2x Thin Film WP PVS-14s in a MOD or KAC bridge. Hoping for experiences/vendor recs based on:

-Near term availability
-CS and warranty support
-Ability to collimate and ship a ready to roll setup

PM is fine if you'd prefer. Done lots of reading, first setup, lots to learn still. Thanks in advance.

Well I have slapped many PVS 14's onto Mod Armory Bridges that have never been "collimated" and never had the first issue.

Some of these 14's were "backyard built". Mod Armory used to and still may collimate them for free if you buy a bridge from them. I actually had one set done one time to see if there was any difference and I could not tell anything different from my "slapped together backyard builds"

I have bought my new warrantied units from Robert at JRH and all have been very clean and good performing as have several of my buddies.

You also have Jay (Sureshot Night Vision), EliteUAS, and StrictlyOffensiveKit who are members and vendors here on the Hide that have good product as well.

To me, the Mod Lightweight Bridge is the finest, strong & durable bridge out there at a modest price and I am somewhat rough on stuff to make sure it can hold up. YMMV.

Last edited:
Well I have slapped many PVS 14's onto Mod Armory Bridges that have never been "collimated" and never had the first issue.

Some of these 14's were "backyard built". Mod Armory used to and still may collimate them for free if you buy a bridge from them. I actually had one set done one time to see if there was any difference and I could not tell anything different from my "slapped together backyard builds"

I have bought my new warrantied units from Robert at JRH and all have been very clean and good performing as have several of my buddies.

You also have Jay (Sureshot Night Vision), EliteUAS, and StrictlyOffensiveKit who are members and vendors here on the Hide that have good product as well.

To me, the Mod Lightweight Bridge is the finest, strong & durable bridge out there at a modest price and I am somewhat rough on stuff to make sure it can hold up. YMMV.

Good info and data point on collimation, much appreciated.

Reactions: WhereNow&How
Strictly offensive kit sells mod armory stuff, also had a short wait list on pvs14’s but that can vary. They also list their phone numbers and are very easy to talk to and go over any questions. I would go with the dual dovetail from mod and dual 14’s instead of a bridged unit, but i have my reasons.

Had good luck with @wigwamitus and he knows his stuff.

Why 2 14s instead of a dual set up ?
Appreciate the suggestion. I'm interested in 2x 14s mostly for modularity and flexibility in the future bridging thermal, etc.

Strictly offensive kit sells mod armory stuff, also had a short wait list on pvs14’s but that can vary. They also list their phone numbers and are very easy to talk to and go over any questions. I would go with the dual dovetail from mod and dual 14’s instead of a bridged unit, but i have my reasons.
Sweet, thank you for the info. I am planning to go the same route with dovetail mod mount and dual 14s.

Appreciate the suggestion. I'm interested in 2x 14s mostly for modularity and flexibility in the future bridging thermal, etc.

Sweet, thank you for the info. I am planning to go the same route with dovetail mod mount and dual 14s.
Its the best way. Both move up out the way, can toss one on another bump for a buddy or if one fails you still have one nod. I run my with a nox. For driving or hunting ill swing one out the way, depending on what i am doing.

Reactions: WhereNow&How
Its the best way. Both move up out the way, can toss one on another bump for a buddy or if one fails you still have one nod. I run my with a nox. For driving or hunting ill swing one out the way, depending on what i am doing.
This exactly.

Reactions: Jgunner