• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision PVS14 helmet mount lateral adjustment?

FailureToStart

Private
Minuteman
Feb 2, 2012
My search-fu is garbage tonight.

I've got a helmet and shroud. Things are moving forward and I'm now looking at mounts.

#1 on my list for mounts is the Wilcox L4 G24. I believe the vertical and depth adjustments are sufficient to fit my fucked up head. Considering eye, head, and helmet fit configurations vary, the fine angle adjustment is a welcome feature. INVG is a close second, but I believe a "push button to move" setup is more desirable.

What about lateral adjustment though? Not all eyes are the same distance from center. I see the Wilcox J-Arm has an eye swap feature, which is irrelevant to me, but it looks like it MIGHT have an angle adjustment as well.

What does one need in order to adjust the PVS14 for left/right spacing? Will the Wilcox J arm cover it? I don't want to put that kind of money into it and find that I have to hold my head just right in order to see. I'd rather be able to just flip it down and go on with life.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Yes the wilcox j-arm will allow you to adjust the angle of the arm allowing for better side to side fit. That combined with height adjustment of most mounts should allow you to get it comfortable in front of your eye.hope this helps.

P.S. i have an aka2 mount and like it, I have used the INVG mount before and it is also very nice. Good luck.

Last edited:
I'd go with a norotos mount and dual dovetail. The aka2 has more adjustment and the dual dovetail is way more solid than the wilcox j arm(in my experience).

I have a wilcox L4 G24 mount and wilcox j arm. The mount just doesn't get the PVS-14 up and away from my face when I'd like it to be. (the AKA2 mount pretty much puts the NODs on top of your head) My wilcox j arm wobbled so bad I switched to the norotos dual dovetail and I'm not looking back. The dual dovetail also get the 14 closer to your eye.

Cool beans. I didn't realize the dual dovetail had horizontal adjustment.

It does. However, the default configuration places the horizontal adjustment on the right eye. I tried switching the shoes on mine (I wear the 14 on my left eye) and noticed that the bolts in the shoes are not the same length, and the adjustable shoe would not bolt down securely in the left eye position. I might be doing something wrong though.

Maybe some of the NOD Gods can shed some light on us.

Montanakid makes some good points. Actualy, that is also my primary setup. I cant tell you what you are doing wrong with yours as I have slept a few times since i swapped it, but i also wear mine over my support(left) side. I did also notice it comes in closer with the dual dovetail than it does with the jarm. Here is a pic for reference.

1071fc39-de3f-4b6f-aeeb-219525b1810b.jpg

A dovetail mount and dovetail adapter are the best setup I've used. For what it's worth I have an AKA2 with both adapters up for sale that I used once.