• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

PWS T3 with a Kidd barrel?

jvencius

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 30, 2010
'Nooga
www.cekron.com
I have a PWS T3 Summit action on the shelf for which I've started ordering components and I may have just screwed up but want to check here before I get really concerned. Seeing as how they're the bee's knees of .22LR 10/22 barrels, I ordered a Kidd 16.5" stainless bull barrel but just now saw that the T3 action has two extractors and the Kidd tube only has one extractor cut. So, given that, are my options: (1) return the Kidd and buy a PWS barrel to match with their dual-extractor'ed action, (2) remove the 2nd extractor to use it with a conventional Kidd 10/22 barrel, or (3) ignore it because that combo should work fine regardless of the extractor # mis-match?

Option #3. It will work fine. My PWS T3 Summit doesn't shoot good no matter what I put on it.

Keep the barrel from Kidd and build a 10/22 around it. That barrel will out shoot everything else. I have two and if I ever build another 10/22 it will also have Tony's parts in it. True believer yes.

I bought the Kidd tube and trigger for my T3 build and while the trigger popped right in, I can't get the the barrel and action to fit together properly (or at all, actually). The T3 is supposed to be compatible with all 10/22 parts but I can't get the Kidd tube to fit more than 1/4" or so into the railed segment forward of the receiver itself, just above where the action screw is so I'm wondering if a bit of emery cloth use is normal to get parts of this quality from different manufacturers to fit or am I on the ass end of tolerance-stacking so I'll need to find a machinist to get the barrel into the action?

Don't know about T3 but the Kidd barrels are very tight. I used liberal amount of anti seize and made sure the barrel and receiver are perfectly straight and clocked to the extractor.

It's kind of a moot point now--a gunsmith friend from another forum said he'll fit the barrel for $45+return shipping so that's cheap enough I'm not going to dick around with it anymore and just send him the parts+a M.O. instead...

I just removed the barrel from my Summit for another issue and what I noticed is that the Summit does have dual extractors however the second extractor actually doesn't require a groove. It actually rest against the breech face and engages the empty case once the bolt is retracted out of battery.

How has your Kidd barrel worked out? I'm considering upgrading my PWS barrel for a Kidd or Fedderson

Last edited:
Dunno yet how it'll work out since the receiver/barrel are still at the 'smith's for fitting. Even after I get them back, though, it'll be a while until range time since I haven't yet decided on or purchased a stock and scope/rings and those will be a bit ($$$$ truck repairs + student loan payments have hit my checking account pretty hard...)

My carbon barrel shoots fine its just more ammo picky than I prefer. With ammo that it likes its a laser.

Last edited: