• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Quality Junk Rifle... Kinda

I'm still in awe anyone, ANYONE, would recommend a psa ar10 and then defend the decision

I asked about a shit rifle. Dont know what the new guys here took offense at that? SHIT rifle for the dumbasses. I ordered a CETME cause I wnt to dress uo in some stoopid short shorts and play Rhodesian one weekend

And for the record, I like my Cetme!

And I got it to run. It is cheap, fun and more interesting than a lot of stuff. Plus I like the challenge of making CAI stuff actually work as well as the designers intended it to.

And, I mean, all CAI does is add stamping a and a semi trigger group. How hard can it be to make that work? Not hard at all!

Sirhr

PS. I don’t own bush shorts. I’d freeze up here. Plus chicken legs.

• Haha
Reactions: JuniperEyes
Well... shilling in multiple threads kinda gives it away
You’re making a clown of yourself. I don’t sell triggers. I don’t have any triggers for sale. I don’t think I’ve ever sold a trigger at all in my life. If I posted about a trigger, which I don’t think I’ve done in months before this thread, it was an attempt to help a clueless person like you. It sounds like you’ve got it all figured out though so carry on, special Jack.

And I got it to run. It is cheap, fun and more interesting than a lot of stuff. Plus I like the challenge of making CAI stuff actually work as well as the designers intended it to.

And, I mean, all CAI does is add stamping a and a semi trigger group. How hard can it be to make that work? Not hard at all!

Sirhr

The Century Galils were the really fun ones.

Reactions: sirhrmechanic
I bought a SFAR 16". Went to the range Tuesday with it. Ran 80-100 rounds through it. 3 miss feeds. It's tight. Shoots 1.5 MOA with bullshit ammo I slapped together. Banged the fuck on steel @ 300 yds no problem. Broke it down last night, it was pretty clean overall.
I'll probably buy the SFAR 20". Oh due to it being super lite, it kicks the shit out of ya! :ROFLMAO:

SFAR is what I'd like to go to! I'd get rid of everything else in every other caliber. Buds has them in stock & on sale;
PSA has one on sale for a $2-300 less;
If you'll sign up for emails with most suppliers, they'll let you know when their sales are running!
Just trying to help, not that I don't enjoy the banter here, but a lot of these guys are pros at dishing it out, lol.

The Century Galils were the really fun ones.

Never tried a Galil... Only things I bought from CAI (and they are literally just up the road from me) were the Cetme and a Eastern European AK that took so much work to get it running... that I should have just flown to Bulgaria and bought the factory.

century 2.jpg

But I like a challenge. And they have recirculated a lot of parts that are, well, freedom! Anyone with a modicum of mechanical skill can get them running.

And the OP's post is a fun one. Not sure why everyone is cracking on him. Because, well, cheap 7.62's are fun. Cetme's, SAR-4800's. M1A's... none of them are up to OEM spec's. But if you have a bit of mechanical capability, you can turn them into real shooters.

This is one of the most fun threads in a while!

Sirhr

PS. OP... leave some of the old timers who are busting on you alone. They are just having fun. And, well, it is a fun thread!

PPS. Did you really order a CETME? Because you will love it! But, please, for the love of all things holy... no pictures of you in Rhodesian Bush Shorts!

• Haha
Reactions: Atomic_Lobster
Never tried a Galil... Only things I bought from CAI (and they are literally just up the road from me) were the Cetme and a Eastern European AK that took so much work to get it running... that I should have just flown to Bulgaria and bought the factory.

View attachment 8134653

But I like a challenge. And they have recirculated a lot of parts that are, well, freedom! Anyone with a modicum of mechanical skill can get them running.

And the OP's post is a fun one. Not sure why everyone is cracking on him. Because, well, cheap 7.62's are fun. Cetme's, SAR-4800's. M1A's... none of them are up to OEM spec's. But if you have a bit of mechanical capability, you can turn them into real shooters.

This is one of the most fun threads in a while!

Sirhr

PS. OP... leave some of the old timers who are busting on you alone. They are just having fun. And, well, it is a fun thread!

PPS. Did you really order a CETME? Because you will love it! But, please, for the love of all things holy... no pictures of you in Rhodesian Bush Shorts!

I had a century built AK that arrived bent in half...ups box was pristine so the century monkeys must have pressed the barrel into the receiver at a fuck-fuck angle and then they test fired it and sent it out anyways. Sights were slammed all the way to one side to compensate lmao.

I had a century built AK that arrived bent in half...ups box was pristine so the century monkeys must have pressed the barrel into the receiver at a fuck-fuck angle and then they test fired it and sent it out anyways. Sights were slammed all the way to one side to compensate lmao.
This is why us CAI owner are awesome... we can make anything work!

Sirhr

• Haha

Sirhr

I hope I enjoy mine as much as you do! Good god its a shit rifle. If it has problems im sure I can fix it. BTW... I aint gonna paint the shorts

Reactions: sirhrmechanic
Never tred the Galil thing either.... good input! I ordered one
I bought a SFAR 16". Went to the range Tuesday with it. Ran 80-100 rounds through it. 3 miss feeds. It's tight. Shoots 1.5 MOA with bullshit ammo I slapped together. Banged the fuck on steel @ 300 yds no problem. Broke it down last night, it was pretty clean overall.
I'll probably buy the SFAR 20". Oh due to it being super lite, it kicks the shit out of ya! :ROFLMAO:
If a .308 kicks shit out of you well... something is wrong. Reach out o the members here. Lots of us have experience and would like to help

More info please! I am all down for some Serbian shit
many places online sell ppu, and i am talking about this bulk packed m80. unfortunately, it isn't as cheap as it used to be.
often you can get it even cheaper for 500rds in an ammo can. i have not tried any of their consumer packaged ammo or match ammo.

308-winchester-762x51mm-m80-145gr-fmjbt-ppu-ammo-PPN762B.jpg

many places online sell ppu, and i am talking about this bulk packed m80. unfortunately, it isn't as cheap as it used to be.
often you can get it even cheaper for 500rds in an ammo can. i have not tried any of their consumer packaged ammo or match ammo.

308-winchester-762x51mm-m80-145gr-fmjbt-ppu-ammo-PPN762B.jpg

I got a bunch of it when it was cheap. Hence the need for a shit rifle

What leads you to believe I am inbred? I have no clue what you are not desire to know.
Im sure you are a normal guy...what leads you to believe I am an inbred? How about a public spelling bee? Or even a public wrassling match?? Im old and my cardio woulg give out in like 8 seconds. Get past the 8 and you are golden

Putting a 168 on target at 400 sure riled a bunch of yall up. If you need some instruction join the Paid page. It aint hard

Based on the self-quoting/replying alone, to say nothing of the ancient sign up and total lack of activity, this HAS GOT to be either someone learning to use CHATGPT or a bot. Personally, I think it’s @Beerfest19 using AI.

Reactions: BCP
Based on the self-quoting/replying alone, to say nothing of the ancient sign up and total lack of activity, this HAS GOT to be either someone learning to use CHATGPT or a bot. Personally, I think it’s @Beerfest19 using AI.
Are bots this funny/bizarre? Everything about this thread may be retarded but the entertainment level is pretty good.

Reactions: Jsp556 and hlee
Are bots this funny/bizarre? Everything about this thread may be retarded but the entertainment level is pretty good.

Might be a bot, might be a ranting oldfuck poster. This forum used to have a ton of them but some got bored, some got banned, a few kicked off.

One guy I remember his avatar was a pic of himself with no pants on, he was hilariously batshit.

Might be a bot, might be a ranting oldfuck poster. This forum used to have a ton of them but some got bored, some got banned, a few kicked off.

One guy I remember his avatar was a pic of himself with no pants on, he was hilariously batshit.

Man, he tells me to fuck off, then quotes himself into a fit, and finally quotes me back into the thread. I’m not sure JuniperEyes can live without me.

Went off? All I wrote was (let me see if I can figure out this self quote thing…)

It’s a special kind of special that needs internet advice to buy junk…

Did I do it right? Looks good. I thought my point was self evident. (To be fair, the thread was on the way down at that point.)

What’s my interest in this thread? When the fish are biting…

I realize the following may derail this thread right back on track, but here goes anyway.

The Cetme looks like a fun gun, and I think Ian from Forgotten Weapons had a pretty positive review of them. I don’t own one, but my experience with other CAI products has been positive.

For the OP’s intended purpose, I think a case can be made for “AR10s” from PSA, any of the “budget boutique” makers, as well as any of the legacy manufacturers.

The Cetme looks like a fun gun, and I think Ian from Forgotten Weapons had a pretty positive review of them. I don’t own one, but my experience with other CAI products has been positive.
Won't work. A Cetme will only send a 168gr bullet to 394 yards. Clearly 400 is the goal. Maybe a different bullet weight or more realistic range expectations would be a good compromise.