• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Quality Scope that won't break the bank

Bowhunter96

Private
Minuteman
Dec 26, 2011
NJ
What is a quality scope that won't leave me broke?I'm looking to put it on my .22-250 for coyote hunting.Some shots may be up to 600 yds.I'm a college kid on a budget so $700 would be my maximum cost.I appreciate all of your help, Pat.

Re: Quality Scope that won't break the bank

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> What kind of features would you like in the scope?</div></div>
I'd like it to have turrets, maybe an illuminated reticle if it fits into the price range, and also a magnification factor up to 20x if it fits in my price range.

Bushnell Elite 4200 6-24x50mm

Or for a little bit more money you can get illumination with a Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50mm.

The poster above has a good choice. It is really hard to beat a Bushnell Elite 4200 6-24x50mm.

The Elite is a good choice. A used PST in that price range is usually easy to find on the classifieds here, also. The vortex Viper HS 5x15 from Midway is a great value. Although if you want to spend all of your $700 to get the features you want, I would go with a used Viper PST EBR Mrad reticle with mil/mil adjustments. You won't be disappointed at all.

Vortex Viper HS 5-15x44...I have two and they are GREAT at their pricepoint.

Scour the classifieds here and elsewhere and you might run across a Bushnell 4200 6-24x50 FFP in the $600-650 range. They are very good scopes also; I used to have one but needed more FOV for hunting to sold it to finance one of the aforementioned Vortex optics.