• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PRS Talk Question about Curtis custom vector

Ive been getting the run around from Chase at Curtis for months. Ive paid in full and haven’t seen shit. Multiple emails text messages and calls. All blow and no go. Lots of other action makers with customer service too. Im down to small claims or a trip to Hondo to settle in person. Hate to publicly bash someone but don’t want anyone to have the same shitty experience. Look around Is all im saying.
This is in no way a comment on the quality of Curtis products as I haven't had the chance to use them. Just my bad experience with someone taking payment and no refund and no product.
This is still happening today his website shows 4 week lead time I just cancelled my order after 12 weeks and a month of him telling me “one more week”. Called Joel at Terminus and gave him my money instead!

Last edited:
Reactions: Jcrios014
This is still happening today his website shows 4 week lead time I just cancelled my order after 12 weeks and a month of him telling me “one more week”. Called Joel at Terminus and gave him my money instead!
I did this and I'm mad that I didn't go with a Joel to begin with!

Reactions: Mallardmilitia
I have a Zeus action. It runs great. The tolerances he maintains are amazing. I had to use customer service (because I was stupid). Joel was great. Highly recommend Zeus.

I spoke with Joel directly he has great customer service. I had great luck with my vector but horrible customer service trying to expand my collection

Last edited:
You can’t go wrong with a Zeus and terminus as a company. My next action order is going to be a Zeus his turn around time is just too fast for me right now as I wont be able to pick it up when he would ship it so I’m waiting some before I order. He is always quick to reply and a veteran owned business.

I'm running a Terminus Zeus Gen1 (I didn't even know there was a Gen1/Gen2 thing and wasn't told this when I ordered).
It's basically a Vector with a few machining tweaks such as some rounding off of bolt lugs
I was pretty shocked when it arrived and was a 0.750" bolt and old style trigger pins, not 0.725" bolt body and threaded trigger pins. The reason I actually chose it over a Vector.
Anyway, do I like it? YES, enough that I just took delivery of a second one.
The action is slick and the 60deg throw is a delight (to me).

AICS mags with BR kits, as well as using the MPA Mag Block inserts in my MPA BA chassis and 6BRX runs sweet.
AW mags definitely drag across top of 0.750 bolt body, even with mag block inserts. I can see why this would be an issue with a Vector.
I'm assuming the Gen2 Zeus with 0.725 bolt runs AW smoother?

I've tried both hand torqued and using an action wrench and torque wrench to fit barrels - my barrels were machined to "hand torque" tenon spec.
I don't note any real difference in chambering.
I do choose to use torque and action wrench method then tightening set screws on the Zeus to fit barrels. Kinda reassuring when creating 58,000psi in front of my face.

Also, I figure if you are fireforming 6BRX/6Dasher etc if I torque my barrel versus you hand tighten yours it may mean my formed brass shoulder may be say one or two thou shorter than yours, but so what. It's brass made for my chamber so I don't see an issue.
Just my theory