• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes question about my new NXS

porkchop817

Private
Minuteman
Jun 12, 2009
Mansfield, Tx
Howdy folks. I received my new NXS 5.5-22x50mm w/ zero-stop, MLR reticle, and MIL turrets. However, I do have one question...

Looking at the attached image, do you see the lines below the elevation turret? Is my scope supposed to have these? It does not...so I am curious.

13340.jpg

Re: question about my new NXS

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: porkchop817</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Howdy folks. I received my new NXS 5.5-22x50mm <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">w/ zero-stop</span></span>, MLR reticle, and MIL turrets. However, I do have one question...

Looking at the attached image, do you see the lines below the elevation turret? Is my scope supposed to have these? It does not...so I am curious.

13340.jpg
</div></div>
It has a Z-stop so who cares bro...good choice on glass!

You only find the graduated lines on scopes w/o a zero stop.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rijndael</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You only find the graduated lines on scopes w/o a zero stop. </div></div>

Thanks for the reply, that makes sense. I played around with the scope for about 3 hours before noticing that it didn't have them. At first I could have swore that I saw them when I first took it out of the box, and then my mind started playing tricks on me :p. Guess I have been looking at too many Nightforce pics online while daydreaming about mine.

That's news to me, mine doesn't have a Z stop. So what you're saying is that on a z stop model you have to count the number of clicks as there is no visual reference?

No you don't count clicks, you use the large numbers on the knob to dial to where you need to be and if you happen to get lost then you dial to the bottom and hit the stop and dial back up but that shouldn't happen often.

I received mine today, and I was wondering the same... I was about to write Nightforce, but then, thanks to Google and the 'Hide, I found this post.
smile.gif

Good to know...

I see what you're saying. I like the feature in Precision Shooter's Workbench that allows you to input your turret markings. Instead of clicks it's all #'s 3 4 - 1 etc. Great for mound hopping.