• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Question for backpacking/hiking/camping experts

Re: Question for backpacking/hiking/camping experts

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stefan73</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Interesting about Eberlestock.

I am looking at Trangia alcohol stoves at the moment. </div></div>

This is the one I use though they maybe hard to find.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6p27kePP4E&feature=related

If you can find a couple of them they are great to keep in your vehicle in winter JUST INCASE.

I've been using the Vargo titanium alcohol stove. We're talkin light weight, 1 oz.
It will do a good job if you only need to boil water or do some very simple cooking. It will run about 10 minutes then needs a refill. A quart of water boils in 7 or 8 minutes depending on altitude and ambient temp. A windscreen is a must, I use a piece of aluminum cut from a disposable turkey pan.

You can also use fuel tabs with it as a backup.

Vargo titanium

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Heltsley</div><div class="ubbcode-body">........ my Gun Slinger is made in Vietnam.</div></div>

Vietnam , China , is there any difference ?

PP out