• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Question for folks that wear Costa Del Mar sunglasses

Krob95

Black Multicam Master Race
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Sep 7, 2019
    NoCo
    So I just got a new pair of Tuna Alleys on a warranty claim with the Blue Mirror 580 glass lenses. I’ve noticed that with these there’s a weird blue aura around shiny objects and certain lights. My three other pairs (black mirror 580P, green mirror 580P and the copper mirror 580G that went back on mirror that the new ones replaced) never did this. Neither do my first pair I bought (fan tails with the blue mirror 480G).

My question is does anyone else have any pairs with the blue mirror 580G lenses and notice a weird blue aura around shiny objects that glint or lights?? I’d like to get a feel for if I should reach out to Costa Del Mar or an optometrist 😂

Any feedback or help would be fantastic as I always wear sunglasses for shooting, driving, or basically whenever I’m outside and the sun is out.

I have worn Costa sense the early 90s when they only had about 6 frames available. They were always my go to for being on the water. Sense they sold out a few years ago the quality and customer services flat sucks. I have gotten all kinds of lenses with weird shit that goes on with them, including what you described.

Reactions: Krob95
    Luxottica bought them out a couple years back. I’d imagine the lens are different now.

one of the few remaining brands not owned by them is Maui Jim.

i have half a dozen pairs of the glass lens costas but by next pair will be Maui’s

Reactions: Krob95
    I have worn Costa sense the early 90s when they only had about 6 frames available. They were always my go to for being on the water. Sense they sold out a few years ago the quality and customer services flat sucks. I have gotten all kinds of lenses with weird shit that goes on with them, including what you described.
    We I’m glad I’m not the only one. I’ll email them and see what they say.

Luxottica bought them out a couple years back. I’d imagine the lens are different now.

one of the few remaining brands not owned by them is Maui Jim.

i have half a dozen pairs of the glass lens costas but by next pair will be Maui’s
    Maui Jim makes fantastic stuff. I currently have 4 pairs. I also really like WileyX stuff and have a few pairs. Everything I have is Rx and some are safety rated.

I really don’t want to send any of my glasses back to them because now I really don’t want their new lenses. I wish they would’ve just kept my lenses in the new frame since that’s what wore out and my original lenses were in perfect condition. I’ll have to check into the Maui Jim’s forsure. I was also pretty impressed with Smith optics too for sight casting on the flats in Texas