• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fieldcraft question for REAL snipers

some people on other forums think you're an idiot if you use MOA. just wondered which systems real operators use. I find there are very few real operators which frequent these forums

How would you know if you were talking to an “operator” or not?

Call directory assistance. Then you know your talking to a genuine operator!

Frank did shoot a match in heels I heard.

He left his Red bottoms at home but he did slum his stripper heels...

422A1391-32C3-4D95-83E0-6D9AD68205E3.jpeg
847DA383-9FFB-4AF9-BA4B-36666533F253.jpeg
8431468F-A96B-4F1B-8AFD-DC679B5CFE68.jpeg

All of it, at the same time with the same scope, cuz if you can’t combine MILS, MOA, BDC, and IPHY’s all into 1 scope and put 1st round hits on a sprinting Hajji at 1k without a calculator, rangefinder, decent glass and no magnification, with a round that has the ballistics of an indirect fire weapon system, then you’re not “Operator as Fuck”.........

You also have to bench 350, have 200+ bow kills, and work concrete every day.

some people on other forums think you're an idiot if you use MOA. just wondered which systems real operators use. I find there are very few real operators which frequent these forums

There are a lot of Operators who are on here haha you would be surprised. Mil mil is your answer except some smaller army units have the old leupolds and they are mil moa.

If the responder tells you he's using a Quigley Ford, Huskemaw or an IOR, then rest assured you have your guy. Anything else can gtfo.

Reactions: Huskydriver
MIL reticles with MOA adjustments are the only way to go.

OP good grief. You operate hard to want to know this huh. Probably want to have a range therapy session with buddies after you find out what real SNIPERS use so you can be tacticool and validate yourself...sometimes I wonder what is more important to firearms owners. Barbies or GI Joes...been seeing a lot of Barbie “operators”.

Operators hit their target the first time.

People who worry about MIL vs MOA are either conflicted as to whether America should change to the metric system or hit their target eventually.

Or there's people like me... who use MOA for hunting and MILS for everything else... because that makes total sense. :oops:

Hitting center mass is all that counts iron sights or scope or what ever.

Operators hit their target the first time.

People who worry about MIL vs MOA are either conflicted as to whether America should change to the metric system or hit their target eventually.

Or there's people like me... who use MOA for hunting and MILS for everything else... because that makes total sense. :oops:

Wait......wut?

Mil or Moa.... there’s a difference?

All I got is tics on a reticle and clicks on a turret.

But then again, I’m not a real sniper or operator.
But I can usually put a group of 3 rounds inside a 3” circle at the full 100yds.

Call me Elmer.

We use mils exclusively. People outside of the military that say MOA is better, that's fine. Everyone has their preferences. But in an operational standpoint, having a shooter/shooter sniper team, where both have all mil optics (spotting and rifle day optics)...just makes so much more sense. There is no confusion or conversions needed. In high stress situations, breaking it down to the simplest system is what you want. All mils. All the way.

You should use your mil-dot reticle to range your target. Then once you're confident you have that right, figure in mils what adjustments you need. Then convert your adjustments to MOA for your elevation. Adjust your elevation accordingly. Then convert back to mils for your windage, cause you might as well just do a hold for that; your reticle is a mil-dot... Then reverse your math to check everything, converting from mils to MOA and MOA to mils as needed. Once you feel good about that, throw that scope away and pick something up that is either all mils or all minutes and stick with it till your mind functions in that form of angular measurement.
That's how I learned. lol

Mil or Moa.... there’s a difference?

All I got is tics on a reticle and clicks on a turret.

But then again, I’m not a real sniper or operator.
But I can usually put a group of 3 rounds inside a 3” circle at the full 100yds.

Call me Elmer
I am disappointed that nobody even called me on this.....

A Pie plate is only 3” isn’t it?

Reactions: Bakwa