• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Question on RCBS neck die

Deltagunner00

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Sep 16, 2011
Central Indiana
Ihave the 308 Neck Die Set from RCBS and am having a little trouble in Finding out how to bump the shoulder after obtaining my readings with the Hornady Cartridge Headspace Gauge.

Do I need to adjust the decapper/expander or just adjustthe die setting depth in the actual press ( I have always left that depth alone with any die though ). Neck sizing is new to me and that is why I bought the Hornady Headspace Kit. I could use a little more help if you wouldnt mind? Do I need to purchase a different die set?

It is this set.
RCBS 2-Die Neck Sizer Set 308 Winchester

Thanks.

you can't bump the shoulders back with that set, get a redding body die to go along with what you have

My bad. After reading my post that didnt make sense. So, to properly use the Hornady Headspace kit I need a Redding body die? I am new to the Hornady mit and want to make sure I know how to use it. Thanks and sorry for confusion.

My bad. After reading my post that didnt make sense. So, to properly use the Hornady Headspace kit I need a Redding body die? I am new to the Hornady mit and want to make sure I know how to use it. Thanks and sorry for confusion.

you can use your FL sizing die. Take the measurement of the fired brass ( write that down). put it in the shell holder and raise the ram. Screw the die in until it touches the shell, then back out a 1/2 turn. Then slowly turn the die in until you just bump the shoulder to your desire, .001-.003

There's still some confusion here, do you have a FL die, if not you need one, The body die will work, but I'd buy a FL die, and eliminate a two step process.