• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Question on Surefire brake on DTA

db_17_85

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 14, 2010
NW North Dakota
I've tried a search and came up empty... I have a Surefire can inbound any day now. I recently got a brake (SFMB-762-SR25) which threads on nicely to my SRS. BUT, the spacers look like their designed for muzzle contact and not shoulder. My concern is that the tapered crown interfacing with flat washers may be a no-go. Anyone tried this yet?

hey db_17_75. While the SR25 does have a 3/4-24 thread it is a different profile. It has a front thread relief and a recessed thread relief in the rear. It will not work on a standard 3/4-24 thread. We do not have a adapter that fits a standard 3/4-24 because the wall thickness toward the front of the adapter would be so thin that when we cut the threads it would cut through it. The adapters have a tapered surface.

Well...Guess I'm stuck with using a thread adapter to 5/8-24 or sending the barrel off for re-thread. I definitely appreciate the info Garin.

Out of curiosity, do you know what was done for the Surefire/DTA shoot that's in all the catalogs?

Thanks,

db

If I remember right they were using our FA338SS suppressors which has a 3/4X24 adapter for that photo shoot.

Thanks Chucky. I'm guessing the 3/4x24 threads on that adapter are a different profile than those on the SR25 correct?