• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Question regarding SAKO TRG scope mount

peterh

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 22, 2012
Florida
Hello guy's. I have been told that the SAKO TRG three ring scope mount can not be used to zero at one hundred yards. I have a TRG 22 and I don't shoot past 500 yards. I like to zero at one hundred. I was thinking of putting one of these three ring mounts on my gun but not if I can't zero for 100 yards. Those anybody know anything about this issue...

Re: Question regarding SAKO TRG scope mount

I think the mount has 30 MOA build in so as long as your scope has enough adjustment range you should be fine. I have this mount on both a TRG-22 and 42 with NF 3.5-15 F1s and have no problem.

The mount is perfect and there is no problem to zero at any distance. I use it with S&B PMII and shoot at competitions at 25 to 1000 meters without any problem.
Mike, above, is wrong... it is NOT POS.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bugaboo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Mike, above, is wrong... it is NOT POS.</div></div>

I am correct. They're over priced and prone to breaking. There are better options out there.

Im going to have to side with Mike on this one, the first mount I owned was the factory three ring and all the screws securing the rings to the base shook loose after about 50 rounds. I then went to NEAR rail and seekins rings, which was a wonderful set up and extremely robust. Im now using a Spuhr mount which is my favorite so far. As for the 100yd zero, I was able to accomplish that with all three mounts and scopes form Nightforce,USO, Premier and S&B....

Well thats good info from you guy's, but the Spuhr mounts as well as Near are also quite expensive. I'm using the rail that came with my TRG and a pair of TPS rings but was thinking of using something more robust, also I like keeping things as factory as possible. I guess I'll have to rethink the options....

Wow, no love for the Sako mount. Personally I think it is well designed, secure and repeatable. Are there cheaper, lighter, stronger options out there? Maybe, depends on what you are looking for but certainly not junk. As far as the screws loosening, never had a problem with mine but anytime you have threaded fasteners subject to shock loads and vibrations you have that possibility and a drop of Loctite should fix that if it ever happens. Below is an older thread with some options that I looked at when shopping.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2219283

I have used the Optilock 2 ring quick release on my TRG42 338LM and it worked great. I have just installed the 3 ring and bore sighted it with no problems getting zero. Have not made it out to shoot yet with it but expect no problems.. Both are well designed and work very nicely IMHO..

Rick

On my TRG22 I went with Leupold tact rings and a Mark 4, I just bought a S&B P2 with QD rings, I'll let you know the change

I use it 3 years and never had a problem. Screws are tight as on the first day.

I am not saying other mounts are not great as well - like the SPUHR. But if you want to keep it as "factory" as possible, you will not be disappointed. I like how low it rides above the bore. Also the built.in incline is nice.

go with the NEAR alpha mount/rings. Pricey but bullet-proof.

The opti-lock system is OK but nowhere near as nice (pun intended)

when i had a trg, the thing that sold me on the sako 3 ring mount was that i believed it was a one piece unit when i bought it...it isnt. all the rings unbolt from the mount. something to think about.

Hey guys,

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but it seems to be the most relevant to my question (as my question is the same as the OP)

I am planning on picking up a TRG22 and matching it with a NIGHTFORCE 12-42 x 56 NXS. After reading a few posts of a similar nature, I am considering a SPUHR Ideal Scope Mount System (ISMS) as it is a direct mount to it, as opposed to needing a pic rail also.

I intend to use it for F class and possibly fly shoots down here in Australia, so I will be setting it up primarily for 500-1000ish yard work.

This being the case, my understanding (just from reading the SPUHR website description) is that the ISMS has a built in 24MOA (vs 20MOA or similar to other brands/pic rails, etc) is this correct?

Also, the ISMS seems to have 34mm rings and a height of 35mm, whereas the NF scope has a 30mm tube (1.18in) and the objective measuring 56mm. Being that the ISMS comes specifically matched to the TRG will it work fine without causing issues with the size of the NF scope?

Thanks for your time and input guys, I appreciate it.

There are options for the cant angle, just pick the one you want, yes the cant is built in. 24 MOA should be fine for you. Of course you will want the 30mm version (scope diameter) of the Spuhr mount, he makes a 34mm version (scope diameter). As far as height, maybe Hakan can chime in here or someone running a 56mm NF. There's only two options listed that I see for height, we are running this one but not with a 56mm obj: Spuhr - ST-3701 Scope Mount 30 mm TRG
Justin

Thanks for the input Massoud/Justin, I appreciate it.

I may have to drop them a line see if they can confirm for me there will be enough clearance using the 35mm height mount with the NF 56mm obj.

Take it easy.

What worked for me was Badger Ord 20 Moa Rail and Nightforce rings and 5.5 -22 NF on my TRG-42 338LP. Nightforce recommended Tally base so that might have been even better. Optilock Quick Release came loose after a dozen rounds.