• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Questioning the quality of the Ckye-Pod- UPDATE - New one received !!

Now that he's on vacation, check out his avatar. I dont know what that front rest is, but it's no $200 bipod. Someone else will have to ID the rifle, but I have my doubts its off the shelf.

Now that he's on vacation, check out his avatar. I dont know what that front rest is, but it's no $200 bipod. Someone else will have to ID the rifle, but I have my doubts in off the shelf.

FYI: The owner (Shiraz) used to post here a lot, and was into BR as well as long range shooting.

Come on ! You have to have a 300 yard group somewhere !
If your so obsessed with it. Here's 5 shots from my custom 6br.
What you fail to realise is we run customs out of need not want. Well some of us do. Your cheep savage isn't worth a pinch of shit once it's full of dirt or mud. Which happens. 1 had 2 factor rifles that shot .6 of am inch at 300. I think I actually failed to finish more or at least stages in matches than I actually finished without the rifles failing. Is your rifle even mag fed? Accuracy off a bench in clean conditions is completely different to accuracy and the ability to run caked full of shit and still cycle and not break

Attachments

• received_335293040725489.jpeg
    received_335293040725489.jpeg
    193.2 KB · Views: 52
What? You're trying to get this thread back on topic? Hey mods, can he do that?🙄
Well this isn't the bearpit where people can put him in his place. This is the informational threads. Supposed to be civilized here. I tried to give him a chance.

I don't have one. I haven't shot PRS. Heck I don't even have a centerfire bolt gun yet. I would be getting my Tikka soon but crap happened out of which I got my Tacoma. I like reading about what is out there and why people have them. I like helping keep this a civilized place where people can learn and get educated in peace. I've learned tons and changed my eventual build cause of what's here.

The one question is how the heck are we supposed to pronounce this crazy bipod other than cha ching?

Well this isn't the bearpit where people can put him in his place. This is the informational threads. Supposed to be civilized here. I tried to give him a chance.

I don't have one. I haven't shot PRS. Heck I don't even have a centerfire bolt gun yet. I would be getting my Tikka soon but crap happened out of which I got my Tacoma. I like reading about what is out there and why people have them. I like helping keep this a civilized place where people can learn and get educated in peace. I've learned tons and changed my eventual build cause of what's here.

The one question is how the heck are we supposed to pronounce this crazy bipod other than cha ching?
Ah, he was trolling. Just look at the setup in his avatar. That's no Sinclair bipod, and I dont think it's an off the shelf Savage. He went from no bipod is worth x$ to I can shoot one hole at 300 yards. Best to let folks like him just wither away and ignore their trolls. With no audience they can sit in their mom's basement and pretend to be operators.

I won’t drive 3 hrs to get to a 1000 yard range , and you’re talking Wyoming ?
38936617-4DCA-421C-B508-48C6C0EF491A.gif
damn, went back to work and missed all the fun

thats a cool ass target! water jet?

plasma, we cut a bunch of different types for our club. Hardtargetco did them for us. It’s a local target company in SoCal. Hit me up if you want their contact info
7F113593-4C8A-46A7-B0FE-E5927550EF3D.jpeg

aliens, werewolves, gargoyles, bigfoots, all different size IPSCs and other shapes.

As for the stability of the ckyepod, when you get the new one, I wouldn’t worry too much if there is some wiggle in the legs. I just posted some groups of my AXMC shooting factory .300prc in the AI thread. The only bipod I’ve ever had on that rifle is the ckyepod and furthest shot I’ve made is 2500 with both 300 win mag and 6.5prc. Haven’t messed with the .300prc that far yet

Hey I just took a shit and it was a perfect steaming pile right in the middle of the bowl, pretty darn well placed. Does this qualify me to comment on a bipod specifically designed for PRS. Can provide picture of pile with and measure it with a caliper.

Reactions: 2014landerson
Hey I just took a shit and it was a perfect steaming pile right in the middle of the bowl, pretty darn well placed. Does this qualify me to comment on a bipod specifically designed for PRS. Can provide picture of pile with and measure it with a caliper.

whats your load data ? 26" barrel? bench rest or proned out? :p

UPDATE. I got the new ckye pod in today. HUGE difference in quality. the new one is what I expected the original one to feel like. The all joints operate flawlessly and lock up perfectly with an acceptable amount of clearance for proper operation. I would suggest, without measuring, its at least 50% tighter than my original.

Big thanks to @MDT_Josh and @MDT_OFFICIAL for the help. They came through huge and just sent me a new pod on good faith. Ill be sending my original one back.

Is one leg looser than the other by chance? I have one that moves super freely and has a decent amount of play in it while locked in any of the three positions while the other takes a a little bit of force to move and has no play in it. Past that tho, I like it a lot and see it being quite useful in matches!

Last edited:
I’m saying you don’t need a $500 bipod to shoot tight groups !

Brother, it appears you may be barking up the wrong tree, to say the least.

Your statement implies that there are XYZ pieces of gear that are going to suddenly make people shooters.

Those old boys shooting .5" groups at 1000 yards 20 years ago were using Harris bipods that didn't even swivel/cant. Does that mean they should not spend more money on a more innovative product?

As with all shooting sports, it's the Indian.

UPDATE. I got the new ckye pod in today. HUGE difference in quality. the new one is what I expected the original one to feel like. The all joints operate flawlessly and lock up perfectly with an acceptable amount of clearance for proper operation. I would suggest, without measuring, its at least 50% tighter than my original.

Big thanks to @MDT_Josh and @MDT_OFFICIAL for the help. They came through huge and just sent me a new pod on good faith. Ill be sending my original one back.
Could you make a quick video of the actual movement. Now you have me thinking

Reactions: MDT_Josh
You're welcome @AnimalMother224 and we're always happy to help!

@Krob95 I believe that you have one that has a bit of a tolerance mis-match between the legs. It is one of those things that will work in over time as the legs and pivot bolts wear ever-so-slightly, however, you could always contact the support team too and raise your concern with them too ;)

Josh

^^^^This as well, don't ever hesitate to contact us if you have any questions. We are always here to work with you, and it's important that we do. We're always here for the good, the bad, and the ugly, and anything in between. We do our best to catch everything we can on social media and forums; however, our support portal is up 24/7 and gets you right through to us!

Could you make a quick video of the actual movement. Now you have me thinking

posted. I apologize for the awful camera work.

the video only does so much but if you were to hold these two you would be surprised at the difference.

again, im VERY happy with how MDT handled everything and they have earned a life long customer.

You're welcome @AnimalMother224 and we're always happy to help!

@Krob95 I believe that you have one that has a bit of a tolerance mis-match between the legs. It is one of those things that will work in over time as the legs and pivot bolts wear ever-so-slightly, however, you could always contact the support team too and raise your concern with them too ;)

Josh
Hey thanks for the reply! I’ll give it some time to wear in!

^^^^This as well, don't ever hesitate to contact us if you have any questions. We are always here to work with you, and it's important that we do. We're always here for the good, the bad, and the ugly, and anything in between. We do our best to catch everything we can on social media and forums; however, our support portal is up 24/7 and gets you right through to us!

Does anyone know what kind of threads are used on the Gen2 MDT bipod for leg angle push knobs

Do you need to add a thread locker to them?

After having them fall out, nearly all the time, and my range routine since i have the Ckye pod includes checking P*S that they are not loose every single time ,i finally lost them irretrievably this time around.

I haven't seen a bigger POS than this MDT Ckye pod ever and then some. Been a pain in the ass since i got it lost both pins on the 3rd outing(luckily fell off in the rifle bag)

Today i actually found the large bolt for leg rotation loose as well, unthreaded 3 turns or so. Seriously what gives? do you need to carry allen key taped to the bipod?

3873259561_n.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: wade2big
Does anyone know what kind of threads are used on the Gen2 MDT bipod for leg angle push knobs

Do you need to add a thread locker to them?

After having them fall out, nearly all the time, and my range routine since i have the Ckye pod includes checking P*S that they are not loose every single time ,i finally lost them irretrievably this time around.

I haven't seen a bigger POS than this MDT Ckye pod ever and then some. Been a pain in the ass since i got it lost both pins on the 3rd outing(luckily fell off in the rifle bag)

Today i actually found the large bolt for leg rotation loose as well, unthreaded 3 turns or so. Seriously what gives? do you need to carry allen key taped to the bipod?

View attachment 8242939
For the leg bolt, you can use 65-70 inch pounds, and no loctite will be needed. However, if you do, just reduce the torque value by 20%. As for the width adjustment pins, you can use some blue loctite to keep them from backing off. If you need a new set of pins or still having issues with the leg bolt, please reach out to us at [email protected]

For the leg bolt, you can use 65-70 inch pounds, and no loctite will be needed. However, if you do, just reduce the torque value by 20%. As for the width adjustment pins, you can use some blue loctite to keep them from backing off. If you need a new set of pins or still having issues with the leg bolt, please reach out to us at [email protected]
Received the spare parts . Thanks