• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Quick change barrel feedback

FLguy55

flguy55
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 30, 2019
FLORIDA
Looking for real world feedback from Zeus and Vector/Valor quick change barrel users, now that these actions have been in the wild for some time. Contemplating a quick change build but primary rifle use case is PRS and I need to be confident my barrel isn’t going to move.

- What has your experience been like?
-How many different calibers are you running?
- How consistent are things when putting a barrel back?
- Do you run it confidently in competition?
- Have you ever had a barrel move on you?

Reactions: ColinW
Following. I’ve been curious about the same! 🙂

I have the Zeus in an MPA Matrix chassis and I’m very happy. This will be the second year using it in PRS matches. I haven’t experienced it moving or any strange results that I know of. I’m on my second 6GT barrel and I switch calibers very often between the 6Gt and 233. I also remove the barrels for cleaning. Return to zero is very repeatable within 0.1-0.2mil although it seems that the first shot or two are high and then it is fine. I have lightly smacked the barrel on quite a few stages but never attributed any misses due to that.

Pretty sure with the Zeus (and possibly others) that you can still torque a barrel on if you want to (ie if for some reason the QC feature was causing accuracy issues).

From what I hear though (I have a Zeus on order) they work well and are very repeatable.

Pretty sure with the Zeus (and possibly others) that you can still torque a barrel on if you want to (ie if for some reason the QC feature was causing accuracy issues).

From what I hear though (I have a Zeus on order) they work well and are very repeatable.

That’s correct. Option B is you can full torque a shouldered barrel on. Just looking for real world experiences from those that have a few thousands behind a couple QC barrels.

I have a Vector and a Zeus and 3 barrels between them. Absolutely love the switch barrel feature. I have been able switch barrels on the fly with recorded dope off sets and be within a few 10th’s of a mil at distance. The barrel don’t move once spun on.

Between the two, buy the Zeus over the Vector.