• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Quick release scope rings

GRIM

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 21, 2009
Wisconsin
I need some quick release scope rings for a scope that will go on a .308 and maybe a 30-06 or 7mm Mag. I've got a set of the ARMS quick release rings but does anyone make some that are beefier than the ARMS ones that are quick release?? Nothing flimsy like the Leupold QD's...

Re: Quick release scope rings

Larue...they only have two height options though:

LT-719 = 0.875” base to centerline of scope tube (0.285” Base to Bottom of the Ring)
LT-123 = 1.29” base to centerline of scope tube (0.70” Base to Bottom of the Ring)

They are of typical Larue quality and durability (and repeatability in terms of return to zero).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: m54dmb</div><div class="ubbcode-body">have not had any problems with the leupold QRs tell me about yours </div></div>

The indexing key falls out the bottom if you unscrew them too far. They also strip too easily. I'm by no means a gorilla when I torque my stuff down but they just stripped way too easily for me to be 100% comfortable with them.

+1 on the LaRue. I swap between a standard scope and a CQB sight on my AR10 and haven't noticed a change in zero on the scope at all

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GRIM</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: m54dmb</div><div class="ubbcode-body">have not had any problems with the leupold QRs tell me about yours </div></div>

The indexing key falls out the bottom if you unscrew them too far. They also strip too easily. I'm by no means a gorilla when I torque my stuff down but they just stripped way too easily for me to be 100% comfortable with them.

</div></div>

And let's face it...the return-to-zero on the Leupold QR rings (compared to that of the Larue and similar products) is not that great in my experience and often results in wasted time and ammo rezeroing after removal/reinstall and making the quick det. feature somewhat useless.

I don't know how fast you want to remove/install but I have the same zero just using high quality rings and bases as long as it is torqued to the same level and using the same slots. Since I carry my borka torque wrench with me it works great when moving optics around. Probably takes me a minutes to remove an optic and install it again.