• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors QuietBore 22LR Titanium Suppressor Build Review -***Approved Form 1 Required***

padom

SuperMod
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 13, 2013
    Southeastern, Pennsylvania
    I efiled my ATF Form 1 to make a suppressor back on 7/8/19 and my prints were received at the ATF on 7/11/19. I received my approved Form 1 via email today from the ATF. Exactly 21 days from prints received to approval in my email.

****WARNING****

You must first file an ATF Form 1 and wait for approval prior to making a suppressor or you will be in violation of Federal Law. Make sure you have your approved Form 1 in hand before making your suppressor.

Big thanks to Preston over at www.quietbore.com
    for sending me one of their 22LR titanium solvent trap kits. The quality is very nice and Ill definitely be submitting some more Form 1's to make a 9mm dedicated PCC can and looking to test/review there soon to be replaced QD Brake/can setup... The allen wrench cut in the front endcap is a nice little touch making it easy to install and remove the end cap.

QuietBore's drill fixture is genius! Makes drilling out the cups and end cap idiot proof and perfectly straight. The kobalt bit they include with their drill fixture is of high quality. Not some cheap knock off bit. I used Tap Magic on the bit and put some down on the top of the part each time I drilled one out using my Milwaukee M18 with the fixture in my vice. Perfect every time.

After drilling all the cups out and the end cap and blowing everything off with my air hose I assembled my new suppressor and screwed it onto my CZ 455 custom 18" GM match barrel. I inserted my Geissele suppressor alignment rod to check for proper alignment before firing. It was dead center in the end cap hole. Perfect. Trusty name, city/state, serial# and Model# all nicely laser engraved on the cerakoted tube.

It was then off to the range to test it out on my CZ 455 and my 12.5" SBR AR22lr. I decided to setup my Canon Vixia 4K camcorder on a tripod and shoot 5 shots each with no suppressor and suppressor on from behind, side and front of rifle.

Now, everyone knows cameras dont properly depict how a can sounds but it gives you an idea. I may pick up a nice external mic to attach to my camera for future testing/reviews but these videos utilized the built in camera mic.

First up, is my custom MDT ACC 455 18" Keystone GM with and without suppressor recording from behind the shooter

Next up, is my custom MDT ACC 455 18" Keystone GM with and without suppressor recording from the side of the suppressor

Lastly, my custom MDT ACC 455 18" Keystone GM with and without suppressor recording from about 10' in front of the suppressor

I then did some quick testing on my 12.5" custom GM Keystone AR22LR with and without the can, from the bench and standing.

Targets from the above videos. You can see the accuracy of the gun without the suppressor, even though it was pretty windy if you noticed in the videos. I labeled each group as they were shot with and without the suppressor on. The Lapua Center-X target was the last target I shot after the first target using FGMM 922a. Things tighten up nicely after getting some rounds through the can.

https://imgur.com/PujF0wq

Last edited:
    Great review, thanks Padom! You’ve sold me on it

It's been many of times, this forum is dangerous to the wallet!!! Adding to the wish list

I've updated the OP with the targets shot during the videos so you can see the accuracy results. In conclusion, the first 20rds down the new suppressor accuracy opened way up but after that first 20rds, you can see the groups tighten up. Especially those Center-X groups I shot!

Also, Quietbore.com just informed me that they are going to give me a 25% discount code for Snipers Hide members to be used on www.quietbore.com and also informed me they will be running a sale on their 45 solvent trap kit starting next week.

Stay tuned, as soon as I receive the discount code Ill post it up!

Last edited:
    I have been waiting on this post. Looks very nice I plan on doing a .22 and a .30 at some point.

They said not at this time, not really neededSo the 5.56/30 uses different cone cups that are already center punched for your drill bit. Said pretty hard to mess those up...vs the K baffles which arent as easy to drill without the fixture

Reactions: cornhusker86
    This is interesting. e-file a form and about a month later I can build my own suppressor? Definitely gonna look into it.

This is interesting. e-file a form and about a month later I can build my own suppressor? Definitely gonna look into it.

Well you also have to mail in fingerprint cards and notify your local LEO but pretty much, yes.

Get your solvent trap kits while they are 25% off. Just dont go converting anything till you have your approved form 1 in hand!

Reactions: 013
    Since the .30 caliber one comes with threads for .223/22also I wonder how effective it would be at suppressing a 22lr. Might be a good do it all hunting setup.

What is the advantage of the titanium .22 over the aluminum? Neither is going to hold up to a 556 round correct?

I may just get the one that will hold up to pressures up to a 300WM and have different end caps for different calibers (556/7mm)

What is the advantage of the titanium .22 over the aluminum? Neither is going to hold up to a 556 round correct?

I may just get the one that will hold up to pressures up to a 300WM and have different end caps for different calibers (556/7mm)

For me, cleaning. Gotta watch aluminum. No throwing in the SS tumbler and probably not Ultrasonic

No.I wouldnt be shooting centerfire through my 22lr can....

I will be reviewing their 45 trap next with caps for both 9mm and 45. Testing will be on 7" 9mm PCC and 7" 45 PCC compared to my Rugged Obsidian 45.

Last edited:
    Reactions: 260284 and JBPilot
    For me, cleaning. Gotta watch aluminum. No throwing in the SS tumbler and probably not Ultrasonic

No.I wouldnt be shooting centerfire through my 22lr can....

I will be reviewing their 45 trap next with caps for.both 9mm and 45. Testing will be on 7" 9mm PCC and 7" 45 PCC compared to my Rugged Obsidian 45.

Ahh makes sense. Thanks, I should have figured that out but I’ve been a little brain fried lately. I look forward to your other reviews.

Their site says ti internals. I’m assuming that means it’s still a aluminum tube and caps?

Their site says ti internals. I’m assuming that means it’s still a aluminum tube and caps?

Tube and End cap are aluminum. Baffles and threaded cap Ti on the 22lr can. These specs are different for each can and are outlined in the Description.

Reactions: Geno C.
    Might need some help getting one squared away sooner or later. What 3 lug adapter will fit on their 9mm trap?

Well my ATF fingerprint cards are on the way.... I need to get this ball rolling I guess.

Reactions: padom
    Been waiting for your review. Thank you for following thru and posting this.

*looking at their website. Are the .22 aluminum baffles in the raw or do they come anodized? It didn't mention.

Last edited:
    Well my ATF fingerprint cards are on the way.... I need to get this ball rolling I guess.

Get yourself some ink and get rolling while the sale is going. Was super easy, got my ink off Amazon along with the card holder.

Damn, Between quality inexpensive borescopes, cheap DIY suppressors, and other assorted items this website is killing the mad money fund. Looking forward to getting this and submitting the form 1. I see silencer shops kiosk/self service form 1 system is down. Dumb question time. Is there another way to e-file a form 1? I will go research the interwebs also.

Damn, Between quality inexpensive borescopes, cheap DIY suppressors, and other assorted items this website is killing the mad money fund. Looking forward to getting this and submitting the form 1. I see silencer shops kiosk/self service form 1 system is down. Dumb question time. Is there another way to e-file a form 1? I will go research the interwebs also.
    Check the atf’s official efile site? You can do it on there. The site was down the other day. Haven’t checked recently.

Check the atf’s official efile site? You can do it on there. The site was down the other day. Haven’t checked recently.
    THank you. On their site now. found a few walk thrus on submitting form 1's electronically. Have always previously hard copied them. Only reason I used the silencershop kiosk was to do the digital fingerprints. Still trying to determine if I can do digital fingerprints with the ATF site or if I will have to hard copy fp and photo along with the e-file.

$250 for the 22lr Titanium kit.
    Add $75 for the 22lr drill fixture.

That's cool, but my Liberty Regulator cost about $300, it's a titanium and SS monocore with basically no FRP, breaks down into 3 pieces without special tools and is easy to clean. It's quieter than the Liberty Essence, which was all titanium and $600 and required special tools. It's only an ounce or so heavier. Essence was one of the lightest and best performing cans probably five years back and I was impressed with it, but the Regulator was so damn quiet I had to put it on a PPK/S pistol to take advantage of it because the action noise of the 10/22 was louder than the shot was. Then there's the integral barrel I got from them for a decent price that's in a league of it's own. They all have warranties.

I think it'd be fun to build one and I'd like one with baffles "just because", but for the price I'm sure I can get a better performing can from a known quality mfg. at that price. Isn't the TBAC can around $325? I know others are and Capitol will give one away right now if you buy another can.

I do like that they're made of titanium but it'd be nicer if they had titanium end caps or even lightweight SS ones. The drill fixture seems like a good DIY idea if it works and keeps the holes bored center. Especially nice if you build more than one or two.

Not stealing your thunder here, just playing the devil's advocate.

THank you. On their site now. found a few walk thrus on submitting form 1's electronically. Have always previously hard copied them. Only reason I used the silencershop kiosk was to do the digital fingerprints. Still trying to determine if I can do digital fingerprints with the ATF site or if I will have to hard copy fp and photo along with the e-file.

I do all mine directly on efile.atf which allows you to upload a picture ( I stood against a white wall in my house and took a cellphone selife) and your trust I'd you have one.

The moment you complete, pay and submit your Form 1 you will receive 2 emails from the ATF. 1 shows submitted/In process. The second is your fingerprint email. It will have a special pdf attachment that MUST be sent with your fingerprint cards. Roll your own prints or go to your local PD/Sheriff and get 2 fingerprint cards done. Mail them with this barcoded ATF document. Mail or drop off the copies labeled for your local sheriff notification.

Now wait for approval email in 2-4 weeks.

Reactions: bigdaddydmd
    That's cool, but my Liberty Regulator cost about $300, it's a titanium and SS monocore with basically no FRP, breaks down into 3 pieces without special tools and is easy to clean. It's quieter than the Liberty Essence, which was all titanium and $600 and required special tools. It's only an ounce or so heavier. Essence was one of the lightest and best performing cans probably five years back and I was impressed with it, but the Regulator was so damn quiet I had to put it on a PPK/S pistol to take advantage of it because the action noise of the 10/22 was louder than the shot was. Then there's the integral barrel I got from them for a decent price that's in a league of it's own. They all have warranties.

I think it'd be fun to build one and I'd like one with baffles "just because", but for the price I'm sure I can get a better performing can from a known quality mfg. at that price. Isn't the TBAC can around $325? I know others are and Capitol will give one away right now if you buy another can.

I do like that they're made of titanium but it'd be nicer if they had titanium end caps or even lightweight SS ones. The drill fixture seems like a good DIY idea if it works and keeps the holes bored center. Especially nice if you build more than one or two.

Your missing the point...I have many Form 4 retail cans...that take 10-12 months currently to receive. You can get any parts you want in any material you want. And caps, tubes, etc....its only money. My Rugged Oculus 22 was $400....this is $250.. the threaded entrance cap is titanium. I dont see any benefit of the exit cap being titanium but sure you can get it if you want.

The point of this entire review is you can have one in 2-4 weeks.

Same reason I am doing the 2 titanium centerfire cans. Short wait time. That and tbac won’t make me a 358 can!! Not that I haven’t asked over the years.

Got my form1 back in just under a month. I have a form 4 from October of last year and March of this year still waiting on them... I have other centerfire cans already. Rimfire cans too. I will be form1 a coulplw of rimfire cans in the very near future. All aluminum though. I don’t like switching cans all the time while the boys and I are shooting 22s together. 2 cans, 4 people. Sure we could share guns, but that’s silly talk?

Reactions: 2ndamendfan

The incentive is the sub 30 day wait time for a Form 1 as opposed to the 10-12 month on the Form 4. I haven’t done any new class 3 stuff since 41P. I would likely just go the form 4 route if doing more, but only because the stuff I’d like to have is integral barrels that I really can’t manufacture myself.

Interesting to hear about the Regulator, they offer an upgrade for my Kodiak TL to the regulator, but it’s more than you paid for your suppressor at $380. They offer an upgrade for my Mystic to Mystic X or Infiniti X, but those are also expensive.

I ordered a Rode VideoMic Pro On Camera microphone that will be here today. Will be doing some further testing and will take some video with the new mic to see how different it sounds vs the built in microphone

I do all mine directly on efile.atf which allows you to upload a picture ( I stood against a white wall in my house and took a cellphone selife) and your trust I'd you have one.

The moment you complete, pay and submit your Form 1 you will receive 2 emails from the ATF. 1 shows submitted/In process. The second is your fingerprint email. It will have a special pdf attachment that MUST be sent with your fingerprint cards. Roll your own prints or go to your local PD/Sheriff and get 2 fingerprint cards done. Mail them with this barcoded ATF document. Mail or drop off the copies labeled for your local sheriff notification.

Now wait for approval email in 2-4 weeks.

Don't be surprised if your "cover letter" for sending in fingerprint forms doesn't come in right away. Mine as well as a handful of others took 1-2 weeks to get the email recently.

Don't be surprised if your "cover letter" for sending in fingerprint forms doesn't come in right away. Mine as well as a handful of others took 1-2 weeks to get the email recently.

I've done 3 in the past few weeks and all came within minutes... Did another one this past week. Came in about a minute from hitting submit. ?‍♂️

Submitted mine on a Friday evening and got cover letter on Monday. Attachments can’t be viewed on an iPhone though

After 5-8 days I saw someone else in a Form1 group asking about cover letters and 3-4 others didn't receive theirs either. One day it just showed up in my email. I'm just saying, don't freak out if you don't get it right away.

Reactions: Geno C.
    Get yourself some ink and get rolling while the sale is going. Was super easy, got my ink off Amazon along with the card holder.

I can take my own fingerprints and send them in?

I've always gone to the local Sheriff's office and had them take them. Which is a pain as they only do it one day a week for a couple hours if they feel like it.