• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rainier Arms Raptor Ambidextrous Charge handle

I have 2 of these, use them almost exclusively now.

No issues at all -- Well worth the $$$$.

Have 1 on my SASS, the other on my MK12 --

There are a few copies out there now -- Noveske has one...Saw a few the other day but, the RAPTR is the only one I can vouch for.

I'll second(or third) what was said above. I've got 2 raptors that came on Rainier uppers and I want them on all of my ARs now. Totally worth it. I used to think I needed a Badger Tac latch on everything, but now I want a Raptor.

No experience with the .308-length platforms, but I have a couple of them on .223-length platforms and I'll throw my hat in with the others that like them. Very cool design, very high quality, very functional. It looks HSLD, too! ;-)

Its the best I have seen in the market place, the design is low profile so the forward asst is protruding as far the the handle on the right side. Left side its still a small enough profile not to did on your stomach / chest when walking.

I've used the Badger, BCM, and the Rainier is is my favorite so far...

My 2 go-to charge handles now are:

BCM Gunfighter, both 5.56 and 7.62

Rainier Arms Raptor

For a left-hand shooter, I recommend an upper without Forward assist, and either the BCM ambi GunFighter, or the Raptor.

If you use the carbine or rifle on duty, while carrying anything with pouches on your chest, consider getting the BCM GF small latch first, before any of the others with larger latches, as they have a tendency to catch on the top of your pouches, and partially retracting the action.

I have 2 of these, use them almost exclusively now.

No issues at all -- Well worth the $$$$.

Have 1 on my SASS, the other on my MK12 --

There are a few copies out there now -- Noveske has one...Saw a few the other day but, the RAPTR is the only one I can vouch for.

The Noveske isn't a copy all the raptor charging handles are made by AXTS and the labeled for different manufactures ie: Rainier and Noveske, same exact product different labeling.

974FC03F-6A46-497A-B011-1AF861758BC8.jpg

The one I tried was on a buddies rifle, and it was a really nice piece of equipment.

The only thing I'll add, is that he would get a carbon mustache every time we shot, and he didn't have a suppressor. I'm not sure if they can be modified with silicone or not, but it was a major consideration for me, being that I DO shoot with a can.

I'd rather spend money on a good trigger than for something that is used so little on any AR.
Cheers.

I for one have finally gotten on the raptor train. I have them on my AR10 and ar pistol. Rock solid pull and on the .308 it actually makes charging smoother and easier opposed to the bcm's I had on before. Way worth the price difference

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Be aware that there are fakes around. I would only buy from an authorized seller.

True GH41 however Amazon did shut them down fyi

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Very nice but a little spendy. BCM gunfighter has a nice ambidextrous out - it'll save you $20 but not quite as good IMO

Very nice but a little spendy. BCM gunfighter has a nice ambidextrous out - it'll save you $20 but not quite as good IMO

I did notice that the main difference between the BCM and the Raptor is pinch points. The BCM has nailed me a couple times but the Raptors design eliminated the issue. I'm fairly certain the Raptor is also a hair longer on the forward assist side.

Like stated above, the Raptor is a great CH. I've got one from RA's first run, before they started putting their name and Axis' name on it. I haven't abused it, but haven't been gentle too it either. Functions great, looks cool, and makes your friends want one.

Don't like the raptor. Preffer a PRI Gasbuster or more traditional one.

They are a really cool design, but suck for actually shooting.

Shooting NTCH, your face is all squeezed up close and it's not a good ER for iron sights.

Its cool if you ONLY run optics, but if you want to shoot irons, then I would look at something more traditional. I shoot irons a good deal to keep proficent so they are a no go for me. To much variability in poi/poa when shooting from different possitions/barriers.

EDIT: The othe issue if their stiffness. They need better springs or bearings to smooth out the machanisim. Maybe this happens with heavy use, but on the newer ones I used, they were not smooth at all.

Last edited:

While true if you hunt around, you can find them for 69 shipped which is atleast a little better.

I run both optics and irons and shoot NTCH and have zero issues with it as a primary left handed shooter

The Noveske isn't a copy all the raptor charging handles are made by AXTS and the labeled for different manufactures ie: Rainier and Noveske, same exact product different labeling.

974FC03F-6A46-497A-B011-1AF861758BC8.jpg

"Same soup different bowl"

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk