• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rainier vs CLE

mheimer_45

Life’s tougher if your stupid
Minuteman
May 19, 2013
NW Kansas
How is the Rainier ultra match vs a CLE Bartlein or Krieger? Just curious. All things being equal. Have both the CLE Bartlein and Krieger also a Keystone Bartlein. The Keystone is better than both CLE’s. The rainier is in the same price range as the CLE but below the Keystone.

Just thinking about a new barrel. Always willing to try new things.

I have several older Rainier Arms Match barrels, and they all shoot amazing. Highly recommend their stuff. Even their basic AR parts (like their LPK's, receivers, BCG's, bolts, etc...) are all top-tier parts, and not cheap junk made in china or other foreign countries.

Most all of the parts that go into my builds are Rainier Arms, and I've never had any issues with any of them. Been shopping with them since 2005, when John was still selling parts and building rifles in his basement. Great company, great people, great mission statement, and stand behind their products. 👍🏼

Rainier has a standard 1MOA guaranty, but the Ultra Match also has a 90 day no questions guaranty. So if you go with it, buy the barrel, build it immediately, and shoot it all you want. If you don't like it, return it, all you're out is some time and ammo. I would be expecting better than 1MOA. I have seen 1 or 2 rough muzzle thread pics posted lately.

Reactions: rpoL98
Do you have any ultramatch barrels and if so how do they shoot?

Yes, multiple...both first Gen Shilen and 2nd gen Criterion...did full reviews of latest gen in 223rem, 300blk, 224V and 6.5cm..

From my testing and experience they shoot damn good. Their 300blk UM Mod2 are the most accurate 300blk barrels I've tested and I've tested many...none have come close. We are talking 0.5moa consistency across 7x5 with 125 TMK supers...stupid accurate with 220smk subs...clover leafs at 50yd

223rem UM Mod2 are good. My personal opinion is they are a good deal when on sale...but I'll take a custo..Bartlein or Krieger every day over them...

6.5xm UM Mod2 was a decent barrel but didn't shoot on par with my full custom Bartleins and Kriegers....

If you search my threads you'll find my full Rainier UM review eith all these different barrels from a few years back

I’d go for the CLE Criterion over the Rainier UM Criterion.. but I’m sure they’re great barrels.

Ive got a CLE criterion. Also had a CLE Douglas that wouldn’t shoot smk’s worth a shit. Also have CLE Kreiger on a Mod 0. Also have CLE Bart on order in 6.5 Grendel since January.

Just looking for something different. Also had a white oak.

Currently my best shooter is a Keystone Bart but it’s $250 more than a CLE Bart

Ive got a CLE criterion. Also had a CLE Douglas that wouldn’t shoot smk’s worth a shit. Also have CLE Kreiger on a Mod 0. Also have CLE Bart on order in 6.5 Grendel since January.

Just looking for something different. Also had a white oak.

Currently my best shooter is a Keystone Bart but it’s $250 more than a CLE Bart

My Keystone Krieger is a tack driver. My WOA Bartlein is also a tack driver with SMK... got it in a sale last year for $350

I have a CLE Bart and a older Ranier Select. I know you didn’t ask about the select, but someone may find it useful.
My CLE Bart is magical lol. It produces 5 shot groups in the 1/2 moa range with SMK 77 MK and N135 or Varget. Sub MoA with 69 SMK but that was with Tac and not much load work.
I’ve not shot any Hornady. I bought the 75eld vs the 73. I’ve also shot some 77 TMK with SMK data. Not getting the same accuracy I’m +.300ish over the SMK.
I may order some RMR here soon as the price is to good to ignore

My Rainer select 1/8 is about 8-9 years old but not high round count and pretty sure a Black Hole made barrel. It has the Hex rifling. For the money it’s excellent. It shoots MOA +/- with cheap .223 American eagle inside of 200. I’ve never done any reloading for it but have shot some other loads I did for other barrels. With the 69smk it’s showed some good promise.

I think the Douglas CLE barrels JP and the WOA should get a thumbs up as well.

Reactions: PorkChop
The rainier ultra match mod 2 is a criterion blank finished by craddock. Currently debating between the 11.5” craddock select Bart and the 12” rainier ultra match for a .223 Wylde upper