• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Photos Rambo II Knife

Re: Rambo II Knife

Then you should make a point of tracking one down, they can be had, both numbered and un-numbered. Just make sure it is a Lile (even with dot).

Real ones went for 750 in 86 , when I got mine , and have gone up from there especially since Jimmy Lile is dead . The copies can still be had brand new last I checked from United Cutlery . There is absolutely NO comparison between the copies and the real thing . I have seen some of the numbered ones going for 3500 + .

A bit more than that. The last First Blood that went (low number) went for $65,000.00 earlier this year.

R U SERIOUS!!!
eek.gif

Yeah I went searching after I posted and the only ones for sale are 2nd gen ones and those are 3500 . Found 1 numbered First Blood knife and it said the dreaded call for price . They have gone up considerably since the last time I looked . Makes me regret that much more that I used mine a lot and it is no where near mint condition anymore . IIRC it took like 3 months when I had Him build it for me while I was at Ft Campbell .

Now that I think about it there was a store in one of the hotels in Vegas we stumbled upon. It had some pretty cool t shirts from different musicians as well as a bunch of movie stuff. I remember seeing the knife boxed up with some pictures from the movie. I dont remember how much they were asking or any more details from it. I kinda wish I had paid more attention now.

Think when I bought this one it was about $500.00 and that was many moons ago.

So where are the "numbers" located at on the knife?..

After I saw the other thread, I went and pulled this out of my safe for pictures.
Everything is still original including the "gear" in the handle.
smile.gif
I think I bought it when I was around 12..
url]

url]

url]

url]

Not sure why the img tags arent working.

Not so complicated,

First Blood

1-13

Blade facing left - Should read LILE
Numbers on top of the LILE, should read 1of13

14-100

Number on top of the LILE, should read "14" and on (just the number)

THE MISSION

Number below the LILE, should read "001" and on

There is much more, but that will get you going.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: C Ward</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Real ones went for 750 in 86 , when I got mine , and have gone up from there especially since Jimmy Lile is dead . The copies can still be had brand new last I checked from United Cutlery . There is absolutely NO comparison between the copies and the real thing . I have seen some of the numbered ones going for 3500 + . </div></div>

In 1986, only the open series (True LILE marked and out of the Arkansas shop, but without numbers) were under $1,000.00.

There were as fine a knife as the 100 numbered series. They did have differences though. Un-numbered were called "SLY II" (instead of First Blood) and "Rambo" (instead of The Mission).

Numbered series costs as first released:

FIRST BLOOD = $1,000 - $1,250
SLY II (no number) = Either $580 or $655 (nylon wrapped)

THE MISSION = 1-20 $2,250
THE MISSION = 21-100 $1,250
RAMBO (no number) = $760

Also, allot more, if anybody has questions, pose them and I'll do my best.

Dont forget about the Stillettos (The Mission) numbered. To give you an idea of today's values...$8,000.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Lile-Knife-Rambo-The...7#ht_500wt_1182

Or the small custom packed in the handle of every real FIRST BLOOD

Or the LILE Rambo III (that didnt make it)

Or all of the Hibben knives, including last year's numbered JOHN RAMBOs that sold out very quickly.

Also, if there is a DOT "*" over the LILE, it was made after Jimmy's death and commands less.

Mine is an unnumbered D2 Rambo with no dot . I didn't even know the numbered ones even existed till 5 or 6 years ago . I REALLY didn't know how much they had gone up in value . Mine is maked Rambo in larger print over The Mission on one side and LILE in large print on the other side . It didn't come with anything in the handle except a little compass that is in the back 40 of Ft Campell where it fell out and I didn't see it go .

The best info that I have been able to find has been at http://www.jimmylile.com/ and http://www.cartertown.com/rambo1.htm .

I beat mine up pretty good while I was in the army , no where like You described in the other thread though . If I knew how much it was going to go up in value it would have went straight to storage .

It still is one of my favorite knives . The biggest thing I remember is the screwdriver bits jabbing the crap out of me when I carried it . I almost took a grinder to the cross guard , glad I didn't . Cut down many trees for aiming stakes and overhead cover with it , it's a chopping machine . It's a lot lighter than you would think looking at .

Mine doesnt say Lile and isnt numbered which isnt surprising considering I bought it when I was 12. Guess mine is one of the copies. Oh well.

Found this site with a lot of photos of the different versions. There used to be a custom knife store in Fayetteville NC a LONG time ago called Black Dragon. They had one of the mission knives for sale then. But I don't remember the price.

Lile Rambo Knives

You guys need this knife:

Custom MercWorx Sniper Snakewood Knife

Description: This is the combat knife in excelsus; the warriors perfect battle blade. Combining the durability and combat efficacy of the Equatorian model with flawless lines and superb, rapier like balance, the Sniper melds strength with dynamic handling characteristics into a seamless, go anywhere, do anything package that will set the high-watermark of combat knives for years to come.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Custom-MercWorx-Snip...ec#ht_575wt_728

I had a United Cutler First blood re-make - paid $200 for it in 1985 - was a pretty decent knife but for practicality the Buckmaster 184 is a better knife...

The Buckmasters are still going for $150 to $300, mine's an early model, original owner (and it may be up for sale)