• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Randall Made knives pictures?

bth87

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 9, 2009
Tucson, AZ
Anyone on here a fan of Randall knives? Show em off here... Here are mine a standard model 1-7 and a stainless model 25-6...

IMG_20120622_153439.jpg

sorry all I have are cell phone pictures....

Re: Randall Made knives pictures?

I have played with a few but have not yet made the leap and bought one. There is a local store that has about 5-6 different models in stock.

I have to say I own a lot of knives from some very respected manufactures, and without a doubt modern steel and construction will out perform these knives. However that being said there is just something about Randalls they have a "feel" that is wonderful. Plus the fit and finish on them is superb.

Here's my model #15 "Airman":

AB1_1096.jpg

AB1_1093.jpg

I carried it for a year in Baghdad during OIF II. When I got home I put it away in a foot locker. Just take it out once in a while to fondle it.
cool.gif

I cannot believe the sheer backlog time of these. I visited the shop in Orlando. It was very cool to walk around an look at all the sweet knives, axes, spears etc... I was disappointed though that they did not have one Randal made knife for sale for those that visit the shop. The guy at the counter was a litle bit of a D-bag. I inquired about ordering one and he seemed completely uninterested in taking my order.
Extremely cool knives though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: annamariaslim</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Think the backlog is now at about 4 or 5 years. </div></div>

And when I asked, I was told that priority was given to active duty military. I can understand that.

There are several stores where you can buy them from their inventory.

Yes there are several stocking dealers, but they have a huge mark up and a knife that would cost 400 from Randall would be at least 600 from a dealer. As for the military thing, I believe they can get any active duty people a knife in twelve weeks or something like that.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eclipse57</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: annamariaslim</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Think the backlog is now at about 4 or 5 years. </div></div>

And when I asked, I was told that priority was given to active duty military. I can understand that.

There are several stores where you can buy them from their inventory.</div></div>

Randall used to be able to deliver too OUT-GOING Mil. in 1-2 weeks...
I posted this in another thread and thought it would go well here!
Sorry that some of the Knives are not Randalls...

DSC_0068.jpg

DSC_0066.jpg

DSC_0069.jpg

DSC_0067.jpg

DSC_0070.jpg

DSC_0071.jpg

DSC_0065.jpg
[/quote]

wow so your saying that you have a standing order for 1 randal a month for the rest of your life?

BigJoe
If your asking me... Not for the last few years. There are a few Internet dealers that do more than 1 per month. I think I have enough Randalls...almost.

Duc

Duc, Holy Dear baby jesus... that is quite a collection you have there, very very nice.

Jesus Duc! That's a serious collection. You've got some beautiful knives there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Duc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Randall used to be able to deliver too OUT-GOING Mil. in 1-2 weeks...
I posted this in another thread and thought it would go well here!
Sorry that some of the Knives are not Randalls...

DSC_0068.jpg

DSC_0066.jpg

DSC_0069.jpg

DSC_0067.jpg

DSC_0070.jpg

DSC_0071.jpg

DSC_0065.jpg
</div></div> [/quote]

vietnam carried model 16 fighter configuration with original waxed sheath...one of my favorites

VietnamRandallmodel16_1.jpg

My Randall which accompanied me on a few Middle East deployments:
Randall.jpg

Randall near another burning Kuwaiti oil field in background:
RandallKuwaitSm.jpg

Way back when I was an avid knife collector, I had a matching set of #1, and #2 Randall's, both 8 inch, carbon steel from the 1980's. Sold them along with many others when I realized I just had too many knives I wasn't using. The only ones I really kept from that era are two Bagwell hand made knives.

Here is my modest collection.

Randalls.jpg

Top is an Airman, bottom is a 16SP1, center knives left to right:

1) mini Randall collectors series knife 2) Stoddard's Sergeant's knife 3) model 8 4) #25 5 & 6) A G Russell limited editions with ironwood handles