• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range finder for thermal

Coltsp1

Private
Minuteman
May 6, 2019
Has anyone figured out how to pair a rangefinder with a thermal scope. Im talking do it yourself not a factory combo

How do you read the displayed yardage
Pretty sure you would need a back lit display...what thermal do you have? Some reticles are able to be ranged off of, I know N-visions default reticle is 36” at 100 yards on 1x zoom and 18” in between the horizontal line and crosshair...this is pretty helpful at getting a good guestimation on coyotes/pigs/rabbits

I purchased a thermion xm 30. I do not have to have a rangefinder with this optic but it would be great

Last edited:
I like what i see w the radius but seem hard to come by. The raptar is very expensive at 7k from what im seeing

Armasight AMRF 2200 was a LRF simular to the raptar and radius. That LRF was built to tie into their NV and thermals via a cable.
Cool system, I have one. I don't have the cable or an Armasight thermal.
What are your thoughts on it? How does it perform? I've never seen this particular LRF but it basically seems like a cheaper option to the RAPTAR (albeit with a laser that's visible under nods and a pretty big beam divergence at 3mils). Does it hold zero well?

Reactions: stefan73
Radius with Tig-IR thermal clipon ....
51101787785_40aae7db8b_k.jpg

51101978191_4f2021785a_k.jpg

You can barely see the radius peeking out from the 3 o'clock position on the far side of the day scope
The radius has the feature that you can reorient the display at all for 90 degree angles to match up with how ever you mount it.
Radiae are available on the used market, all three of mine were had that way.

==

Went back and found a pic of the radius from the starboard side. Mounted on the rear is day/night adapter and 14, that's how I align the lrf to the center of the reticle. Over in the background is patrol as a spotter with 3x magnifier and radius on a tripod.

50542702037_087067bf5e_k.jpg

Radius can range 3km at night and 1km in day in avg conditions. RAPTAR/ES also avail on used market for around $3k ... can range 5km at night and 2.5km in day.

==
There's a radius up for sale now on gunbroker. You just got look for them, they're out there!

Last edited:
Reactions: Cypress87
What are your thoughts on it? How does it perform? I've never seen this particular LRF but it basically seems like a cheaper option to the RAPTAR (albeit with a laser that's visible under nods and a pretty big beam divergence at 3mils). Does it hold zero well?
I just recently got my hands on it and haven't mounted it yet. I plan on mounting it since I missed a coyote last night that was very interested in my sheep.

Reactions: dgheriani
Armasight AMRF 2200 was a LRF simular to the raptar and radius. That LRF was built to tie into their NV and thermals via a cable.
Cool system, I have one. I don't have the cable or an Armasight thermal.
Do you still have the amrf2200?

Your unit is a Zeus Pro and those rangefinders were designed to work with the Pro Line. But AFAIK they stopped making those range finders in 2016ish so 8ish years ago. I know a total of 2 people who had them and stefan73 was one of them. So, bottom line it might be a looong wait before you find one.
If you want something else while you're waiting, the vortex i4000s are decent, basically a radius with a ballistics calculator.

Your unit is a Zeus Pro and those rangefinders were designed to work with the Pro Line. But AFAIK they stopped making those range finders in 2016ish so 8ish years ago. I know a total of 2 people who had them and stefan73 was one of them. So, bottom line it might be a looong wait before you find one.
If you want something else while you're waiting, the vortex i4000s are decent, basically a radius with a ballistics calculator.

The other problem is getting the cabling for it!

Reactions: wigwamitus

I have been looking at that it a radius or the new element optics rf module ( it’s still preorder but probably best bang for buck)

I really wanted the info displayed in the scope though.

I guess another option is to sell it and buy a newer scope like pulsar thermion 2 lrf

I think I have that already. I’m pretty sure it was in the case
I think Seth thought he had it also but it wasn't correct. I believe the AMRF was a demo version for an Israeli contract bid that didn't happen? Not sure on that but I believe that might have been the case. So, I doubt the cabling was widely available for the unit.

Doesn't the Nvision Halo come with an onboard range finder?