• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range finder help

mdbiddy

Private
Minuteman
Jul 11, 2011
Canada
Hi,
Ive looked at various reviews like the one on 6mmBR http://www.6mmbr.com/rangefinders.html
Have looked about on various posts but first hand advice is always good.
I'm looking for a range finder and I'm willing to pay a bit more to get more, that said I'm in the market for around 1K and I'm looking for something thats good for 1500m.
Like the review on 6mmBR from what Ive read, the Swarovski is looking favourite, but that review is older, is there anything on the market or coming on the market soon that would be a better option? or is there any opinions as to a better option?
Thanks for your help.

Re: Range finder help

Gunwerks is coming out with their G7 BR2 rangefinder. supposed to be out this summer. Will range out to 2K and has a ballistic calculator in it. Heres a link.
http://www.gseven.com/products/G7-BR2

I am waiting for some hands on reviews first.

I am using the Swaroski right now and ranging out to a max of 1800 yds.

Thanks for the info Pinzmann, what sort of things are you currently ranging at that distance?
I don't particularly need a arc/inclinometer or ballistics calc on the range finder but it would be interesting to get hands on and see how it performs.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Biddy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the info Pinzmann, what sort of things are you currently ranging at that distance?
I don't particularly need a arc/inclinometer or ballistics calc on the range finder but it would be interesting to get hands on and see how it performs. </div></div>

Unless the ballistics calculator allows imput for barometric pressure, temp, humidity, etc then I"m not interested in the function on my LR

I have the Swaro and I have reanged Elk to 1860 yards. Not bad for the price

For the $1000 range, the Swaro would be my choice.

Thanks everyone,
Went with the Swaro as it seemed to fit my needs and price range.
Unboxed my new toy the other week only to find it was defective, it would not always range and the scan function didn't work
frown.gif

Sent it back and waiting for a replacement to be sent out.
Unusual from what I hear.

very unusual.

but they will be good as gold to work with. Their customer service is top notch.

you'll be very happy w/ your choice.