• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range trip today with the TRG-22

3PER

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 4, 2010
USA
Shot this 10 shot group at 200m

nn0j6u.jpg

with this:

6rq6w2.jpg

I'm OK with it as it's the first time I've had it out in months.

Ammo was FGMM SMK 168gr

Rifle is capable of way better it's the driver that needs work!
cool.gif

Re: Range trip today with the TRG-22

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: yej0001</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice! NF scope? </div></div>
Looks like it.

Yes, NXS 5.5-22X56

Nice shooting. That rifle WILL shoot. Here's a 5 shot group of mine at 300yds. The last shot was me holding too far right for a wind gust...FGMM 168. And, no, I can't do this <span style="text-decoration: line-through">all the time</span> <span style="text-decoration: line-through">most of the time</span> again.
grin.gif
But, the rifle can.

300ydGroup17-57-09.jpg

Were you aimimg at the nickle?
wink.gif

Lol! Yeah, I HATE nickels...always getting in my cushions.

6tg2n9.jpg
I think your right, more trigger time will help . I like to start the shooting day with my 10/22 or 77/22 Mag for a warm up try something like that next time .

Anywho , its minute of elk or badguy .

I'm currently in saving for one of these. Just can't decide to go with a 20 or 26". Nice shooting....love those TRG's.

I have a 20" and love it!
You can't go wrong with either one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BBsteel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm currently in saving for one of these. Just can't decide to go with a 20 or 26". Nice shooting....love those TRG's. </div></div>

How will it be employed most often? Mine is a range gun and for that reason I chose 26". I'm extremely happy with it. I only shot 32 rounds today. What a blast!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 3PER</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BBsteel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm currently in saving for one of these. Just can't decide to go with a 20 or 26". Nice shooting....love those TRG's. </div></div>

How will it be employed most often? Mine is a range gun and for that reason I chose 26". I'm extremely happy with it. I only shot 32 rounds today. What a blast! </div></div>

Mainly a range gun. But the thought of taking it deer hunting had crossed my mind. I'll probably stick with a 26" and have a good smith cut it down if ever need be. I wish they offered 24" sticks.

I really like that tan stock!

I like that tan rifle with a pack, and it even shoots, lol great shooting, it really likes the 168's.
I put 62 shots through mine today out to 970 yards, and had to dial 2 mils for wind, shooting 175's. The trigger on these things is amazing, (if you like two stage).
Great group,
SScott

Is that a Sako brake? If so how much difference in felt recoil do you see. I'm looking at a brake for my TRG 22. I would like a Surefire, but they only list one for the TRG 42.

The Sako brake is listed to fit the 22 & 42. That means the exit hole on the break is sized large enough for the .338 Lupua. That means the exit hole would be oversized for the 300WM & 308. It seems the exit hole should be .020 over the dia. of the bullet,,, ie: a .308 brake should measure .320 for max effectiveness.

I would like to have a Surefire since it will accommodate a Surefire suppressor.

Any and all comments welcomed.

Is that a Sako brake? If so how much difference in felt recoil do you see. I'm looking at a brake for my TRG 22. I would like a Surefire, but they only list one for the TRG 42.

The Sako brake is listed to fit the 22 & 42. That means the exit hole on the break is sized large enough for the .338 Lupua. That means the exit hole would be oversized for the 300WM & 308. It seems the exit hole should be .020 over the dia. of the bullet,,, ie: a .308 brake should measure .320 for max effectiveness.

I would like to have a Surefire since it will accommodate a Surefire suppressor.

Any and all comments welcomed.

I installed the Surefire break on mt TRG-22, and found out after the fact (from Surefire) that they do not make a .30-cal can that will fit this break, only the .338-cal can will. Plus, they do not make a break compatable with a .30-cal that will fit on the Sako.

I have yet to shoot the rifle since installing the break, so I can't comment on how effective it is for reducing recoil, but then again, the 308Win doesn't have much recoil anyway.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bchibbs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is that a Sako brake? If so how much difference in felt recoil do you see. I'm looking at a brake for my TRG 22. I would like a Surefire, but they only list one for the TRG 42.

Any and all comments welcomed. </div></div>

The brake is from Near manufacturing, the same place the scope mount is from. Truly works of art! The brake does reduce felt recoil but I wanted the brake strictly to help me spot my own shots and it serves it's purpose well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 3PER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Were you aimimg at the nickle?
wink.gif
</div></div>

That is funny, made my morning!

I'm about to start shopping for best price for a TRG in 338LM. Hell, I will do my shopping right now! Anyone know of a source for TRG's with hard to beat pricing? I have 3 local sources that I am not loyal to & 1 source I like to give my business to. He would more than likely price match for me.

Send a PM to EuroOptic on this forum. They had the best price with the 'hide' discount when I asked. A couple more months and I'll be calling them to order.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mmay190030</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Picking up my TRG 22 Folder tomorrow. Wish I could shoot that well!
</div></div>
You'll soon find out that you will be able to shoot much better than you think once you get your TRG. They are supremely accurate rifles and I am wiiling to bet you will be shooting 0,5" groups in no time with proper ammunition. Good luck.
smile.gif

Good shooting OP. I have an unfired, naked NIB TRG-22 sitting in my safe waiting for a S&B 5-25x PMII and some other goodies that I ordered last week. I can't wait to get some trigger time.

Anyone shopping for any flavor TRG should contact Euro Optics. They have the best prices and service that I've found anywhere.