• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rangefinder mount options

Whitshot

Private
Minuteman
Aug 27, 2017
I've been looking into range finder mounts and google isn't helping much. What do you all use? I'd like something with a threaded mount. to use on a mono or tripod. Leica has one thats $100 which is pretty steep for what it is. I'm leaning towards a new Leica 2700 fyi. Also do you guys like to sister mount on a spotter or keep things separate? I'll mostly be using it on long range steel from a single firing position. Some LR hunting as well, where it may be nice to have it pointed at the same place as the spotting scope. So What do you guys like?

My usage is a bit different - I mount the laser to the spotter...but I have a Sig 2400B and can cowitness the laser to the spotter and fire it from my phone.

Mount the LRF to my Spotter 60 using adapter and APO mount. LRF is co-witnessed with spotter.

IMG_1065.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1065.JPG
    IMG_1065.JPG
    72.4 KB · Views: 265
I've been looking into range finder mounts and google isn't helping much. What do you all use? I'd like something with a threaded mount. to use on a mono or tripod. Leica has one thats $100 which is pretty steep for what it is. I'm leaning towards a new Leica 2700 fyi. Also do you guys like to sister mount on a spotter or keep things separate? I'll mostly be using it on long range steel from a single firing position. Some LR hunting as well, where it may be nice to have it pointed at the same place as the spotting scope. So What do you guys like?

Check this. Very universal.

https://kineticdg.com/product/the-optics-hub/

LRI still makes one that they say fits the 1200, 1600, and 2000. It is not cheap at $94.95 but it is all metal and holds the rangefinder securely. I bought one when they first came out and have not been disappointed. You used to have a choice of colors back then but it looks like it is only available in one color now.

I believe the current 2700 model is dimensionally the same as the prior models listed above so it should fit it too. LRI website probably has not been updated to keep up with the changing model #'s. However, I would confirm this before buying, either by calling Leica and/or LRI.

Here is a link to it: LRI Leica Tripod Adapter

Reactions: bwahl
LRI still makes one that they say fits the 1200, 1600, and 2000. It is not cheap at $94.95 but it is all metal and holds the rangefinder securely. I bought one when they first came out and have not been disappointed. You used to have a choice of colors back then but it looks like it is only available in one color now.

I believe the current 2700 model is dimensionally the same as the prior models listed above so it should fit it too. LRI website probably has not been updated to keep up with the changing model #'s. However, I would confirm this before buying, either by calling Leica and/or LRI.

Here is a link to it: LRI Leica Tripod Adapter

Good options guys thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good options guys thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use the LRI on a 2700b. Works great. Now I'm trying to devise a way to put my swaro binos and LRF on the same tripod. Looking at a cinema rail from RRS and a micro ball for the rangefinder. Maybe I shoulda got the new leica HD-B 3000? lol

The Leica mount is on sale at Midway: https://ads.midwayusa.com/product/1...4ee18d80e0ca75b3222&utm_term=4585032208267656

Stroboframe camera mount with a sig 2400 mounted above a Leupold Mk. Not very stealthy, but sturdy, functional and not too expensive.
75D35C48-9F80-4B44-A534-712611B7D405.jpeg
888C0D2A-93F2-472C-9F17-2A72DD4B6001.jpeg