• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Ranging Binocular Recommendations

ccmac

Private
Minuteman
Aug 28, 2014
Texas Panhandle
I’m looking for a set of LRF Binnoculars in the $1000-1500 price range. I’ve heard mostly good about the Leica, some good and some bad about the vortex fury, and have heard the speculation on the Sig 3000 bdx. Anyone have any opinions/recommendations for the Leica vs vortex or should I hold off until the sigs start making their way into the market?

Was close to a cabelas today so I stopped in and compared the Nikons and the vortex’s side by side and couldn’t tell much difference. In fact they appear to be designed almost identical to each other.

My experience is they all look good indoors. I always ask them to let me look threw them outside that’s when you’ll start to see a difference!

Was close to a cabelas today so I stopped in and compared the Nikons and the vortex’s side by side and couldn’t tell much difference. In fact they appear to be designed almost identical to each other.
Optically, I feel they may be identical, however, I think the fit and finish of the Nikon is superior

I like my laser force binos. I was able to range a house at 1780 from a hillside. Within a yard or two of a buddies terrapin all weekend at a match. I am waiting for the Sig BDX binos that will talk to my kestrel.

Reactions: Redeye3
I don't really know what you can get them for now-a-days, but I have a pair of Leica Geovid HD-B 10x42's. They are absolutely amazing, and I have been very happy with my investment. I don't use the ballistic calculator portion, too dumb to figure out how to use it. Haha. In any instance, the glass is exceptional and being able to do that and range at the same time has been a real game changer. They've been very reliable for the past 4 years, never let me down on a hunt.

What you plan to do with them would make a big difference in recommendations.
Optically the leica is far superior to the vortex or Nikon. Used or demo geovids can be had for less than $1500 which is a good value. Also the Zeiss Victory lrf binos are very good and can be found in the same price range.

I know a guy who is a coyote hunting machine. He lives to predator hunt and makes great video's which never cease to amaze me. I know he used the LaserForce last year and I will see if I can get him to comment on this thread. I looked at them at SHOT Show and was impressed with the glass and how quickly they range and object. I have never used them in the field so I can't comment on that aspect. Hopefully, Heath will chime in with some of his hands-on experiences.

It really seems like for an all around solution the Sig 3000 BDX is going to be the best. Pretty much does everything.

Reactions: ccmac
I have the Leica Geovid and love them. $999.99 is a great price. I also have the Zeiss Victory binos and optically they are fantastic.

I have the older Zeiss Victory binos and have been happy with them. You can get them used around your price range. I agree with Ankeny that optically they are excellent.