• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision raptor m646

Redkorn38

Private
Minuteman
Feb 14, 2017
Alaska
Has anyone used one of these scopes? I am interested in one but am having a hard tim finding info.

Used them for many years. They were discontinued several years ago. They were built like tank in 4 and 6x. The 6x had a huge objective. IMHO, still the best dedicated NV optic to date with contrast no other optic came close to. They brought in a heck of amount of light to the tube. An oldie but goodie pic of the 4x and 6x.

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/img.photobucket.com\/albums\/v621\/Clutch99\/Raptor%204x\/PICT2597.jpg"}[/IMG2]

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/img.photobucket.com\/albums\/v621\/Clutch99\/Raptor%206x\/PICT2737.jpg"}[/IMG2]

Been using the 4X for many years now, but am fearful it will be a large paperweight if it ever breaks down. Spectacular scope as Vic said, but not very fond of the ARMS mount that you're forced to use with it. If you really want a NV scope IMO you're better off going with one that can still be serviced if necessary.

I had one for about 8 years , it was heavy but it was a very well made and as stated it pulled in a lot of light, I would see how many black spots it had if any when viewing

Sorry, not really. They just don't come up for sale very often. My 4X was worth around 6k when new, I'd guess it would hopefully be worth 3k now, but maybe less. Works too good to get rid of at this point... I think the D760 NV scope can be had around 4.5k new. The Raptor is a better scope, but again you have the service issue which is significant.

Ed Wilcox works on them if needed. Very reasonable.

And there is nothing to break. It is built like a tank and is the top of the line for a dedicated scope. Litton Aqulia is equivalent and almost identical.

Ed Wilcox works on them if needed. Very reasonable.

And there is nothing to break. It is built like a tank and is the top of the line for a dedicated scope. Litton Aqulia is equivalent and almost identical.

2nd the recommendation for Ed Wilcox! Great guy and Air Force Vet!

I have one of each, they are incredible. If you can get one that is in good condition I would not hesitate. I see them as a great value at this time!

With all the info that was given I jumped in and got the scope. It has no black spots in it and the guy I got it off had not used it very much. Im very thankful for all the info