• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Raven concealment holsters

allghilliedup04

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 8, 2012
Salem, Oregon
Does anyone have a Raven Concealment holster or have experience with them? just wondering cause they look like they would be awesome for carry but its a pretty penny to spend if its not worth it! let me hear your thoughts on the subject!

Re: Raven concealment holsters

They are great holsters. Big drawback is the wait time... dont know if its the same now but when i ordered mine it took months to get it.

Now kaluban cloaks on the other hand took 4 days total to get (standard stuff is stocked).

The cloak has been on my waist ever since.

I have an RCS holster and it's great. However, there are a ton of other quality kydex holster makers out there now with less wait time. I now make my own and it's really easy, if you have the time it's worth looking in to.

i have a light attachment but dont always carry with it. does the holster still retain well if you dont have the light on?

Lights are what light-adapted holsters lock up on. No light, no happy, warm feeling of a secured pistol.

Raven is okay, but their hardware (loops, etc.) for going IWB with the holster is crap. I got rid of it in a few days and now only use it OWB.

thats what i was afraid of because i dont usually carry with the light due to bulk but its nice to have the option. i heard they just upgraded thier harware so its more durible for iwb carry. but thats all hear say.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigMerv</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have an RCS holster and it's great. However, there are a ton of other quality kydex holster makers out there now with less wait time. I now make my own and it's really easy, if you have the time it's worth looking in to. </div></div>

how do you make your own holsters?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: allghilliedup04</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigMerv</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have an RCS holster and it's great. However, there are a ton of other quality kydex holster makers out there now with less wait time. I now make my own and it's really easy, if you have the time it's worth looking in to. </div></div>

how do you make your own holsters? </div></div>

Kydex sheeting, heat guns, jigs for pressing and forming, hardware and tools to attach pieces together ... there are tutorials all over the internet.

I just got done doing a holster for an FNP45 with a Surefire light. Its hard to get the retention without the light, but with the light its solidly in there until you want to remove it. Personally I dont like weapon mounted lights, Id much rather have a hand held.

I use mainly Bladetech Tek Lok as a way of attachment because I like the flexibility it offers.

I love the Raven but like other party said, Kaluban Cloak will ship in a week, and is made of heavier kydex. Get a GOOD <span style="text-decoration: underline">GUN </span> belt and you can almost forget you are carrying the gun.

Check out Crown holsters and Pit bull tactical. Similar quality with quicker availibility.

Everyone is trying to making a Raven holster now, some with more success than others.

If I wanted a pancake kydex holster, I would order a Raven.

I've had one, it wasn't comfortable for me IWB (OWB it was great) so I'm using a different IWB holster instead... but the quality and attention to detail in the build was fantastic.

Their IWB rubber loops are the best in the industry, and their injection molded belt-loops are the most durable of anything on the market.

If you are looking for that style, RCS has the best consistency and quality of any of that style I've seen.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jim D</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Their IWB rubber loops are the best in the industry, and their injection molded belt-loops are the most durable of anything on the market.</div></div>

Their rubber IWB loops made the holster move up and down, front to back in an independent fashion whenever in the hell it felt like, or at least, more importantly, it was the connector hardware between the loops and the holster. For what it cost it should have come with a more secure solution to keep the holster in one place.

well seeing as i might need several holster ( one for light, one without, and seperate guns altogether) what would yall reccomend for best holster at the best price of all the above listed brands?

so per the post above ive been looking into other companies...

whats everyones take on Crown Holsters?
they seem to be about the same as raven yet you can customize them all to your liking at no extra charge.. anyone have any input on these holsters?

you can get the holster and the mag holders for cheaper than a raven

A word of warning, if you order a Raven, you will end up owning a few more no doubt. I ordered one for my G23, and upon receiving it, ordered 3 more for magazines and other guns. Quality and attention to detail are amazing. This is a company that does nothing else but make holsters. It is well worth the wait.

Plus read the warranty. "If you break or wear out a Raven holster in ANY WAY we will replace it for life NO MATTER WHAT." cant beat that.

yea that warrenty sounds great!

anyone have a crown holster? they look the same but are half the price.. how is quality with these?

If you're federal law enforcement, they're letting them jump to the head of the line and make theirs first which is why a lot of people's wait times are being pushed back further and further.

GREAT holsters though

I'm wearing my RCS w/ HK45C now. It has plenty of adjustment for height and tilt and several belt attachment options. I think you'll like it if you can handle the wait time.

Oh, and it's pretty easy to swap belt attachments and go from IWB to OWB.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mark Z</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm wearing my RCS w/ HK45C now. It has plenty of adjustment for height and tilt ...</div></div>

Yeah, and that's the problem. What they sent me likes to do it on its own.

My follow up question to the OP about Raven. . . how does your firearms finish hold up to the practice of draws from holster, etc? I've considered getting one for my GRP Recon. The finish on my gun isn't perfect, but I'm not in a hurry to get it re-finished quite yet. A Glock I wouldn't worry about as much.

Any insight to extended users of a Raven(or similar) and the durability of finish(Stainless, blued, permakote, duracoat, etc. etc. ) would be appreciated. Thanks!

-G45

Ever look at the Comptac Mtac? Kydex, and leather IWB. Great holster. I also just grabber a Remora for my G23, and am very impressed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Glock45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Any insight to extended users of a Raven(or similar) and the durability of finish(Stainless, blued, permakote, duracoat, etc. etc. ) would be appreciated. Thanks!

-G45 </div></div>

After about a year and a half with the Raven Phantom the stock finish on my M&P9 full size is starting to show wear in the usual spots, but it's still holding up well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ShooterMcGavin33</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ever look at the Comptac Mtac? Kydex, and leather IWB. Great holster. I also just grabber a Remora for my G23, and am very impressed. </div></div>

I will second the Mtac for IWB. When I carry IWB I use the Mtac, when I carry OWB I use a Raven Phantom.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer_G</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mark Z</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm wearing my RCS w/ HK45C now. It has plenty of adjustment for height and tilt ...</div></div>

Yeah, and that's the problem. What they sent me likes to do it on its own.</div></div>

No idea what you're talking about. Can you take pics?

Have you contacted Tom at RCS about whatever you're experiencing?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigMerv</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ShooterMcGavin33</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ever look at the Comptac Mtac? Kydex, and leather IWB. Great holster. I also just grabber a Remora for my G23, and am very impressed. </div></div>

I will second the Mtac for IWB. When I carry IWB I use the Mtac, when I carry OWB I use a Raven Phantom.</div></div>

I wore one for an M&P a few years back... couldn't stand it. The bulk of the T-nuts at the bottom of the struts dug into me like a torture device.

I would really recommend trying one on first to see how it works with your body type.

Always had a preference for leather, and swore I'd never own a plastic holster...

Finally tried a RC and have never looked back.

RCS holsters are great for concealment. Got one for my HK USP 45 just for range carry but was able to conceal it no problem.

I was going to go Raven but decided against the wait time and getting a Lead Farmer. Ravens are really nice though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: allghilliedup04</div><div class="ubbcode-body">well seeing as i might need several holster ( one for light, one without, and seperate guns altogether) what would yall reccomend for best holster at the best price of all the above listed brands? </div></div>I believe G-Code makes a holster that is a 2 piece so you can run same gun with or with out a light .

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jim D</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer_G</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mark Z</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm wearing my RCS w/ HK45C now. It has plenty of adjustment for height and tilt ...</div></div>

Yeah, and that's the problem. What they sent me likes to do it on its own.</div></div>

No idea what you're talking about. Can you take pics?

Have you contacted Tom at RCS about whatever you're experiencing? </div></div>

I am confused too. Describe the problem in more detail. There is adjustment for a RCS but you have to remove the hardware and remount it. If you have any problem with a Raven what so ever, they will take care of you.

tried raven and couple others that offer same style holsters...as said above, you can save some $ and time if you go with others... i use their vanguard quite a bit and love it for undercover concealment......

I carry a full rail 1911 with light attached in a RCS OWB when I'm out on the ranch. But I'm not a fan of IWB carry with the kydex holsters.

For IWB, my favorite are the Milt-Sparks Versa-Max II holsters. Also, depending on which gun its for the hybrid holsters are very comfortable once broken in (Crossbreed SuperTuck, CompTac MTAC).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: allghilliedup04</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any input on crown holsters? </div></div>

If you've asked the question twice with no response, you're probably asking the wrong people. Google is your friend in this case.

I will also vouch for RCS. Hard to beat. If you watch some of the Magpul Dynamics videos, especially the Dynamic Handgun, they will clear feeds and rack slides in one handed drills using the sights and the side of the RCS. Over and over. They're built to last a lifetime so buy with confidence and stop worrying about what the internet thinks.

Have used them since they first came out.

Anyone use them on a molle rig? if so let me know how you are attaching.