• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Razor coating issues

EbTac

Last Okie running a Surgeon.
Minuteman
Feb 3, 2018
Stillwater, Oklahoma
Has anyone else ever had this happen to a vortex Razor? I've owned 3 gen2 razors and this is the first time I've seen this happen.
20220814_120805.jpg
20220814_120810.jpg
20220814_120819.jpg
20220814_120848.jpg
20220814_120903.jpg

Looks like grease from your hands, does it come off or is it being difficult? And no, I have 3 razors and havent had that happen to any. If it is bad, Vortex will replace that.

Looks like grease from your hands, does it come off or is it being difficult? And no, I have 3 razors and havent had that happen to any. If it is bad, Vortex will replace that.
Look where the scope rings were. I’ve had 4 Gen II Razor and still have two on two match guns and have never seen anything like this.

No it does not come off at all. I'm already sending it to vortex. I was just curious if anyone else had a similar issue. It's almost as if the coating was too thin. This scopes color is significantly lighter in color compared to my other razor as well. I noticed the fading about a year ago and it's gotten worse. And mind you most of my setups are somewhat safe queens and always wipe stuff down with a clean microfiber.

I’d keep rubbing that fucker with your jizz hands or whatever you did to make it turn colors and make the whole damn thing black. I hate the color of them, looks like an anodized turd.

• Haha
Reactions: EbTac
Your reptilian secretions acid etched the finish. You should not be around sensitive equipment.
You may jest, but for some this is absolutely true - my sweat is that nasty that my fingerprints turn into rustprints on stainless rifle barrels….. and yes I need to be real careful around sensitive equipment