• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Razor HD Gen II 4.5-27x56

Yes. IMO, glass was a little better. Eyebox seemed to be more forgiving, aesthetically more appealing (no illum knob that seems out of place), and pretty damn heavy. If weight isn't an issue for a person, then I think it's a great upgrade from the Gen I and you get 7x more magnification which is always good.

Vortex has a winner. Great glass, great knobs, great reticles, great power range, no tunneling at lower power, and priced to be competitive. Only downside of the scope is the 10 extra ounces over other 5-25s but I doubt it would be felt much on a tactical/precision rifle.

Here it was,

10755_10152211729487953_1277212587_n.jpg

I want the scope...But, the weight has me concerned a bit. Hopefully, if I get my hands on one I can make up my mind. Everything else is exactly what I've been looking for though...EBR-2C reticle is perfect IMO.

i sold some stuff a while back in preperation for this. the more i hear the more excited i am about having preordered.vortex is an awesome co. and scott p. is as good a rep. as you could ask for. weight is a non issue. a couple ounces isnt gonna kill anybody. we shoot 2-3 day matches and sit on our cans between stages. i will survive.

Holy smokes, it looks massive. That said if the glass is as nice as they are saying, and with those features, the price point is really unbeatable. If it's made in the same shop/factory in Japan as the Gen1 then that is a plus.

I noticed on web site looks like Summer release.

I’m looking forward to the scope, when they arrive there will be one sitting on my 375VM2 and possibly my 260 if I decide to pull the 5-20x50 Razor off of that and upgrade.

Both being the EBR-2C

Cheers
oneshot.onehit

Does anyone know if it will come with a Sunshade? I also heard (possibly) that it will come with a Scope Coat as well. Any possible confirmation?

Vortex has a winner. Great glass, great knobs, great reticles, great power range, no tunneling at lower power, and priced to be competitive. Only downside of the scope is the 10 extra ounces over other 5-25s but I doubt it would be felt much on a tactical/precision rifle.

This sums it up and mirrors my thoughts as well when I played with it at SHOT

I'm fighting the urge to blow $2500 on the 4.5-27.
It looks to be a great scope.

Look at it this way, if you're buying by the pound, the Vortex Razor IIs are a much better value than those lightweight S&Bs.

Well, with 33 Mrad of travel and 27x it would probably be a great optic for a 338.

Your right but my 5-20x50 with EBR-3 just does not want to leave the 338LM, actually they work well together.
The EBR-3 on a 5-20x50 or the new EBR-1C on the 4.5-27x56 would be a very good choice for a 338LM setup with a minimum of a 40 moa rail to utilized more of the scope.

Cheers

I was just looking at the reticle options. Both 1c and 2c have line thickness of .03mrad.

Gen2 xr has line thickness of .04mrad, and a lot of people, myself included, find that to be way to thin.

Any thoughts on that?

The specs of this thing are awesome! Too bad I just purchased an ERS 3.5-21, and it looks very similar. look forward to seeing actual field reviews.

I was just looking at the reticle options. Both 1c and 2c have line thickness of .03mrad.

Gen2 xr has line thickness of .04mrad, and a lot of people, myself included, find that to be way to thin.

Any thoughts on that?

I thought the Gen II XR has .025mrad line thickness!! .03mrad thickness of the 1c and the 2c will be perfect on a 27x ffp scope for precision shooting.
How does the optics of the scope handle being cranked up 27x? does it darken up etc??

The weight wouldn't matter to me on a magnum or something i'd be looking to weigh down anyway. Looks like a great optic. Expected prices are 2500$ for the 4.5-27x56 and 2000$ for the 3-18x50?

I thought the Gen II XR has .025mrad line thickness!!

You are correct, I don't know WTF I was looking at when I quoted .04mrad.

Still, .025 is too thin to me, I'm not sure .03 is going to be enough extra thickness to get it where it needs to be to suit my fancy.

I agree that .025-.035 is a great place to be for 25x high precision shooting. However it is useless below about 8x, and even then is really thin.

Last edited:
If it turns out to be a reliable scope this thing is going to be hard to beat for the price. $2500 for all that scope is awfully tempting!

[MENTION=89806]malsa82[/MENTION] thanks for posting the video, it helps to have a rifle and human hands for size reference.

The reticle thickness won't be for everyone but as another size comparison the P4F and H2CMR are .035 mils. Looking at the Vortex reticles in person I think they are fine at the .03 thickness but again personal preference.

I understand that these scopes are really only in the hands of Vortex, but do the Gen2 scopes offer any improvements to the glass over the Gen1 scopes (i.e. glass sourced from different location, different coatings) that would provide better optical performance? I know the bigger objective lens should provide more FOV and light collection, but how does the glass differ between the two? Also is March still slated for the delivery of these, because Vortex site is showing summer.

I understand that these scopes are really only in the hands of Vortex, but do the Gen2 scopes offer any improvements to the glass over the Gen1 scopes (i.e. glass sourced from different location, different coatings) that would provide better optical performance? I know the bigger objective lens should provide more FOV and light collection, but how does the glass differ between the two? Also is March still slated for the delivery of these, because Vortex site is showing summer.

That video mentions "XR Plus" coatings on all elements, I believe that's new.

Have not used the scope outside so can't speak for the glass clarity but if the Gen II 1-6 is any idea of the glass it will be excellent. I am supposed to be getting one for testing when they are available so I will report back when I do.

As for date of release they said 2-5 months at SHOT so figure some time between march and June is the projected time frame.

Razor HD Gen II 4.5-27x56

What do you guys think is going to be the overall favorite reticle for this optic? EBR-2C?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think the 2C will be popular as the tree style reticles are becoming more and more popular. Also a lot of people like the open center as well so they can see smaller targets without them being obscured by the lines although with the lines only being .03 mils they aren't over powering on any power but thick enough to be usable. The Vortex version of the open reticle is the best I have seen as it's not overly large so you can't get a very precise aiming point. It's just twice the line thickness or .06 mils.

man i just ordered a razor 5-20x50 in moa and was super excited untill i started reading all this. but for the money i think i will be happy. i paid 1650. hope thats a good price. im used to nikon etc so i should be happy. i did have a pst 6-24x50 at one time but ended up selling it. the gen II's have some awesome features thats for sure.

man i just ordered a razor 5-20x50 in moa and was super excited untill i started reading all this. but for the money i think i will be happy. i paid 1650. hope thats a good price. im used to nikon etc so i should be happy. i did have a pst 6-24x50 at one time but ended up selling it. the gen II's have some awesome features thats for sure.

You will be happy. The original Razor is still an excellent scope with tons of elevation and features.

Reactions: BlackRifle
This may have been answered before, but the scope in the video looks flat black, is this an option with the new Razors?

The razor hd 5-20x50 i just purchased is listed as flat black as well. I assumed it was a typing error. Maybe not?

As for date of release they said 2-5 months at SHOT so figure some time between march and June is the projected time frame.
Another thread was saying April, the vortex website says "summer". I wish the industry as a whole was better at projecting accurate timelines and sticking to them.

I preordered an MOA version with a estimated arival of April. As long as it dont turn into a NF Beast kinda thing Im good for a couple months...

I'm hoping all the hype on these HDIIs is true. I just preordered the MRAD 2C version with an estimated delivery of April. My Gap10 is not due until June so I'm hoping to be in good shape for the summer.

I had a Vortex 1-6x gen2 and the glass was outstanding...if the glass in the new 3-18x and 4.5-27x is the same or better than this will be a fantastic scope. Ill be looking to get one possibly this year if not next for my gas gun.

I've been playing with the 4.5-27x56 for about a week now and I am pretty impressed. For the record, I am not very easily impressed. I'll form some definitive opinions after I do a proper tracking test this coming Friday. So far, this looks like a hell of a scope.

ILya

Sent from my RM-877_nam_att_205 using Tapatalk

I've been playing with the 4.5-27x56 for about a week now and I am pretty impressed. For the record, I am not very easily impressed. I'll form some definitive opinions after I do a proper tracking test this coming Friday. So far, this looks like a hell of a scope.

ILya

Sent from my RM-877_nam_att_205 using Tapatalk

Please do, I am really interested in hearing some feedback one this scope.

Gotta figure out how to explain how this scope will be a work expense for me... 2014 taxes off to a good start. lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Who has these in stock and with best price? I'm looking to get one in a few weeks if they are available for sale?