• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

RBG back in the hospital.......

With the rate of RBG getting "infections" she cannot hang on much longer - for sure a sign the body is unable to protect itself - likely from the cancer treatments. I suspect she'll hang on till after the election even if she's a vegetable (probably in her will to be on all devices needed to not go brain dead until after the election). She'll be counting on creepy joe who will be doing good to remember to vote for himself.

I think that argument is garbage. The second difference in the two is sexual orientation. Joe is straight and Jane is a lesbian in your example. If Jane was fired because she's a lesbian, she's very clearly not covered under title 7 because it mentions nothing about orientation, but if she was fired because she was a woman it would be. That argument says discrimination based on sex and orientation are the same thing. It was decided in a later case that religious institutions get immunity from discrimination based on orientation because certain same sex "interactions" are strictly against their beliefs. Does this mean that religious institutions are also immune from discriminating based on sex alone now?

I'm not arguing for discrimination based on orientation, or even arguing against a law that says so (assuming religious freedoms aren't infringed). That isn't the job of the courts to read that into existing law, it's the job of the legislature to draft it.

When it comes to the court I don't care if the outcome benefits the left or the right, I care much more about whether or not the decision is constitutional and based completely on how the law was written and what those words meant at the time of writing. The supreme court being garbage has nothing to do with conspiracy theories, just garbage judges.

I didn't know about the religious exemption, that's a good point. I agree with the rest of what you said. I guess unfortunately the point of the court is to interpret, so we can only hope judgements eventually approach the "truth".

Politicization of the SCOTUS is bastardization of our government. Judgement of court based on decisions rather than the legal arguments is ridiculous. Regardless if you agree with the outcome, the SCOTUS is doing what it's supposed to do - upholding the written law.

Frankly all notions of conservative or liberal should be irrelevant when it comes to the court, it's sad that it's not.

I found another DU plant

There is no "standard". There are no fucking rules. If the liberals think precedent means anything, they will be sorely disappointed.

Whose side are you on?
Exactly. Kind of my point earlier. If the conservatives continue to "play nice" and "by the rules" that are not really rules at all, then expect the left to win every single election and get everything they want to ram their Marxist agenda down people's throats. The Repubic leadership needs to think out of the box. Be unpredictable. Nothing is worse than the unpredictable enemy be it in politic, military, sports, or even academia. Likely the Pubics don't have the balls to ram a SCOTUS judge in the final 4 months; but they could legally do so.

Sadly, I think if she kicks off, the left will come out in force (wait...they're going to do that anyway with mail-in ballots from the dead, new born, aborted, and illegal). But anybody who's even halfway worried about the direction of our country had best get out and vote Trump. He's not perfect, but for F's sake he's the best we have going and other than this corona bailout and print money crap, has done well.

I truly do not understand how anyone in a country such as ours would wish death to a Justice of our Supreme Court. I understand one might well disagree with a Justice's position, statement or vote but to wish death on her......it is both disturbing and disappointing.

has done well
Other than his twitter page has made him so unpalatable that he could lose Texas.

Don't get me wrong, I'm definitely voting for the guy and did back in 2016, but COME ON. This guy is up against rioters, open Marxists, and a candidate who cant string a decent sentence together unless its about kids rubbing his blonde leg hairs and he's LOSING. It's not even close (at least right now). He's down double digits in all the places that matter by all available information.

I truly do not understand how anyone in a country such as ours would wish death to a Justice of our Supreme Court. I understand one might well disagree with a Justice's position, statement or vote but to wish death on her......it is both disturbing and disappointing.
That question deserves to be asked of all the left wingers that wish that not only upon our current President and probably most of his cabinet, but everybody that voted for him, has a job, pays taxes. You know people who actually MAKE the country.

Reactions: Fig
Other than his twitter page has made him so unpalatable that he could lose Texas.

Don't get me wrong, I'm definitely voting for the guy and did back in 2016, but COME ON. This guy is up against rioters, open Marxists, and a candidate who cant string a decent sentence together unless its about kids rubbing his blonde leg hairs and he's LOSING. It's not even close (at least right now). He's down double digits in all the places that matter by all available information.

You mean like during the 2016 election?

LOL

Fuck the polls, they are meaningless.

Reactions: Bolo

No disagreement there. I was talking about actual accomplishments, but then again alienating people is also an accomplishment, not a good one.

Trump will beat Trump. He needs to keep Twitter to only ongoing stuff...like how the military is going to replace the ship that just burned up. The personal attacks HAVE to stop. It's petty and beneath the office of the President - go get a pit pull and let the PAC's go after people. That said, he can rip Acosta and CNN/MSNBC a new arse anytime.

That said. I'd ask anybody, so you won't vote for the guy because he's showing his "New Yorkness" and is an outright ass at times. And....and you'd rather vote for a man who has hidden in a basement, is fed shit by Soros, wants Marxism, will destroy what's left of our medical system, increase taxes. That same guy will allow China to overpower us in the Pacific and Indian ocean & continue to make our medicine and critical needs items like medical equipment all while his crackhead son who cannot keep his dick in his pants will be getting paid by a company that is a front for the chinese government/military?

Reactions: DairyDictator

Too fucking bad. The time to be nice was over about a decade ago.

You mean like during the 2016 election?

LOL

Fuck the polls, they are meaningless.
Except they're not. The polls in 2016 had Clinton edging Trump and then Clinton underperformed. Trump certainly didn't overperform. He won WI with fewer votes than Mitt Romney had in the state back in 2012.

Currently, even the most convservative polls have Trump barely keeping TX and losing a bunch of swing states by double digits.

If they ignore the information available and change nothing, he will lose.

You really think the Democrats are going to stay home a second time?

Except they're not. The polls in 2016 had Clinton edging Trump and then Clinton underperformed. Trump certainly didn't overperform. He won WI with fewer votes than Mitt Romney had in the state back in 2012.

Currently, even the most convservative polls have Trump barely keeping TX and losing a bunch of swing states by double digits.

How many of those who were polled did not admit they would vote for President Trump? I know a ton of folks who are registered Dems only because of the stronghold they have on local governments, but they voted for Trump. How many want to stay Silent instead of having to justify voting for Trump? I don't care where these polls are coming from, I'd bet Trump has more of a following than voters care to admit.

How many of those who were polled did not admit they would vote for President Trump? I know a ton of folks who are registered Dems only because of the stronghold they have on local governments, but they voted for Trump. How many want to stay Silent instead of having to justify voting for Trump? I don't care where these polls are coming from, I'd bet Trump has more of a following than voters care to admit.
Exactly!

i know shit loads of people who are deathly afraid of being labeled a trump supporter because they think it will hurt their career but come election time they will be very reliable trump voters

just the way it is unfortunately in a lot of places
I thought the exact same thing. I've heard many stories just like that, but when you look at the numbers, they just don't show the "silent majority" everyone is talking about. Trump performed on par generic republican. Clinton TANKED.

If the polls were wrong because of people lying, Trump should have overperformed, but that's just not what happened. I'm not entirely sure what did happen, but I don't buy the idea that Trump has all of these supporters who are so afraid of being labeled as such that they lie in the polling data.

Your whole argument is based on voter turn out though

I just don't see "uncle joe" as someone that's really going to take people away from whatever else they have going on ... on election day

obviously non-expert opinion but i don't see "uncle joe" doing any better than cankles did so i still don't think trump has to "overperform"

but, you're right with the assumption that there is a much higher turnout this time around imo

I think Kanye will help with this also
Right but I don't think most people who vote for him are actually voting for him. He's openly acknowledged he's a transition candidate. They're voting for the VP and/or Joe's pen. The left understands he's basically dead, but they also understand that if they put up a small fuss he'll do their bidding. In 2016 Clinton wasn't liked because she wasn't left enough for the Bernie crowd and she was too corrupt and left for independents and conservatives. She also wasn't easily pushed around unless you made a very large donation to a certain foundation.

This time around they have a guy who's too old and senile to put up a fight to any policies to his left but is willing to veto anything to do with the right. Plus they can make him pick a marxist black woman for VP and there's a 50/50 shot that person ends up in the oval office.

All his voters are going to be in 2 camps. Either the "It's not Trump" camp, or the "We can hijack this guy" camp

I don't disagree with you

but my point is still that it's hard to get excited about and get the associated turnout a guy who's main selling point is that he's almost dead lol
I don't think those are the selling points though. I believe the selling points to be "it's not Trump" and "All the Marxist laws you can shake a stick at"
I think that's why Biden is in hiding. The less you see of "this dudes almost dead" The more you can see the other 2

Trump is in trouble IMO. He has pissed of the housewife. In other words suburban moms don’t like him. Cannot overlook that. They cannot see past that emotional state and get analytical about it. I’ve heard this from multiple women.

To think the left is not going to show up unmotivated at the poles is wishful thinking. They are going to come by the bus load. Legal or illegal. Doesn’t matter. In democratic strongholds watch how many more people vote in a precinct than are registered and nothing will be done. They’ve been out for him for 4 years. This one they can make stick!!

That said I think the polling is off. I just don’t know by how much. Hopefully conservatives won’t sit on their Arses this election.

Trump is in trouble IMO. He has pissed of the housewife. In other words suburban moms don’t like him. Cannot overlook that. They cannot see past that emotional state and get analytical about it. I’ve heard this from multiple women.

To think the left is not going to show up unmotivated at the poles is wishful thinking. They are going to come by the bus load. Legal or illegal. Doesn’t matter. In democratic strongholds watch how many more people vote in a precinct than are registered and nothing will be done. They’ve been out for him for 4 years. This one they can make stick!!

That said I think the polling is off. I just don’t know by how much. Hopefully conservatives won’t sit on their Arses this election.

I doubt President Trump has pissed off the housewife any more than Antifa and BLM. The LEFT may show up and vote for whoever the Demwits have on their ticket. But the middle and RIGHT will vote for President Trump. There will be more centered voters casting votes this year than ever before. I do not see the middle voting for the extreme LEFT.

I still think the fence sitters are going to sit out this time around just like they did last time around because uncle joe is so corrupt and so hard to get excited about; he's just too milk toast, creepy, and corrupt for the turnout he needs
But that's where his primaries come in. He gets to claim the return to normal torch and I think those fence sitters are going to fall for that facade.

I don't buy the idea that Trump has all of these supporters who are so afraid of being labeled as such that they lie in the polling data.
Then don't buy it, 'cause we're not selling it. We don't pick up the phone to take surveys or polls, hang out near the entrance of Wally World hoping a pasty-faced pollster will come up and talk to us, nor do we respond to spammy emails. We have better shit to do with our time.
Polls are, at best, a sample of the most useless 1% of the population. What's far more prevalent, given the poll lists from Siena, Marist and Quinnipiac, those polls consist of their Alumni- almost entirely DNC donors.

Then don't buy it, 'cause we're not selling it. We don't pick up the phone to take surveys or polls, hang out near the entrance of Wally World hoping a pasty-faced pollster will come up and talk to us, nor do we respond to spammy emails. We have better shit to do with our time.
Polls are, at best, a sample of the most useless 1% of the population. What's far more prevalent, given the poll lists from Siena, Marist and Quinnipiac, those polls consist of their Alumni- almost entirely DNC donors.
If that were true then they should have been incorrect for the past couple decades, not just 2016, no?

I didn't know about the religious exemption, that's a good point. I agree with the rest of what you said. I guess unfortunately the point of the court is to interpret, so we can only hope judgements eventually approach the "truth".
I didn’t know about that religious exemption either but it does nothing for religion if only applicable to churches. It is the individual that is entitled to religious freedom.

I didn’t know about that religious exemption either but it does nothing for religion if only applicable to churches. It is the individual that is entitled to religious freedom.
The full decision basically says that a religious school who hires someone then that someone goes on to do things against the religion they can be fired even though its discrimination

If that were true then they should have been incorrect for the past couple decades, not just 2016, no?
I understand where you are coming from but keep this in mind.
1) people don’t have landlines anymore and a lot of folks with landlines had no caller ID which wasn’t widespread until late 90s.
2) now people have cell phones and most folks are getting so much spam calling they won’t answer anything without a caller ID that truly identifies who is calling
3 ) most folks will ignore a pollster phone call (my guess).

The methodology of polls used in last does not work as well today. Plain and simple.

I’ll still be the contrarian and say a lot of middle of road women find Trump so distasteful they’ll either not vote or vote for creepy joe so maybe they can get a complement on how their hair smells🤣.

These people do not see the urgency and the criticalness of what’s at stake. They are too busy reading commie social media and keeping up with their children. Also They are isolated from this in that at least in my area we have not had a lot of protests and none that got out of hand. They have seen no change in lifestyle and cannot comprehend what awaits them. They’ve chosen to ignore. And be ignorant. The women in my office have absolutely no clue as to what is going on. My poor dog that passed Earlier this year knew more!

Not that you will even remember This thread in about four months, but you’re out of your Fucking minds believing what you hear on MSN or Fox News for that matter.

Reagan level blow out. Only in Marxist strongholds like CA and NY will he loose. If you think the American people are going to vote for a Chinese style, Marxist, Cultural Revolution, i.e. riots and pogroms, and teaching our children to be racists ala BLM, you’re crazy.

People don’t want war. Voting for Biden, who supports all the Marxists in both word and deed, is to vote for boogaloo. This whole conversation is going to seem retarded in November.

Also, I’m not convinced these are fair polls. It couldn’t be too hard to buy info on people and phone numbers and determine trends that would tell if the person leaned left or right. Thus what better way to bias polling than to have a random draw of non-random people.

Couple that thought with the “let us make it look bad for Trump and his folks will be too demoralized to vote.”

Trust nothing done by mainstream anything.

Now guys I’m giving worst case scenarios. To win you have got to consider the worst case. I’m really concerned over middle America Suzy Homemaker getting too touchy feely and believing the press. I’m constantly shocked by how many people believe what they get from CNN, MSLSD,ABC and yes Fix as well.

@Fig. If it’s a Reagan blowout I’ll be buying a bottle of 30 year old single malt and getting plastered for a few days.

Last edited:
TBH, they shot a little high with Barry. Not easy to predict how big of a landslide that was when Romney was the best that got trotted out there. I was deployed for most of 00 and 04, and had way more important things to worry about, so I have no idea how far off they were for Dubya. But I do know they had Bush losing in 04, late in the race.
Silver's 538 did a retrospective analysis of how each of the pollsters did from 2016 to 2018. Only Trafalgar overshot to the R side, by 0.8%. EVERY OTHER POLLSTER was high D, some by as much as 9.8%. Taking into account only Fed elections, it was an even worse spread. Google's oft-reported polling was high D at a 19.6 error rate.

Whether they've been wrong for decades is inconsequential. They have been quantitatively proven wrong with the current methodology, and by a statistically significant amount.

i-gCwSLHQ-L.png

Reap what you sow.

Frankly, I'm on the side of decency. Back in 2015 Republicans blocked vote on the confirmation of Obama's SC pick because it was so close to the election that the decision should be left up to the voter. I tend to agree with the sentiment. Democrats play this game all the time. They set a standard then hold everyone but themselves to the standard. It's disgusting. I don't want either side playing that game.

EDIT: I didn't realize the standard was for the second term of presidency.

There is no standard other than who is in position to make some kind of power move, which is exactly what McConnell did. We could argue over rules, rule changes, precedents (which only opens a new set of retarded arguments), and assigned duties of the Senate. Bottom line, Republicans acted on principal. Garland wasn't even controversial. Scalia was a staunch conservative and anything less right than that was simply not going to work.

I agree with McConnell. From the time Ginsburg was appointed I have felt nothing short of disgust even thinking about her and her desire to pour acid on the COTUS and replace it with her own social engineering.

I give RBG full credit for her substantial intellect, scholarship, fortitude, and incredible work ethic. Too bad she didn't use it for good.

Yep. My wife is really pissed at him and sees him as a bully and says she will not vote for him, only good thing is she just says she will not vote at all.

The standard for late term appointment is in the last six months of a second term. Not a first. And there is no standard, simply a course that the Senate has followed. But I believe in traditions. And if she holds out until July 2024 we will have to wait and let President Flynn appoint her replacement.

sirhr

I've heard this mentioned, but just want a clarification. The "Biden Rule" in 1992 was put in place for George H. W. Bush - but he had only served one term, so it would refer to any term in the last year, wouldn't it?

Regardless - the rule is not really a firm rule steeped in tradition, but more of a political poly that had never been heard of until 1992. Meaning it was a political move by Dems at that time. They had the majority in the Senate and could make their own rules. I say we refer to the Constitution - what does it say?

President gets to nominate and Senate votes to approve? Then what's the problem? Do we really think the dems wouldn't ram through their choice as quickly as possible? You know, "we need to hurry up and approve them so we can see how they will vote" or something like they did with Obamacare.

As for RBG - the procedure she had is a simple one and she should recover easily, but she is 87 and not the picture of health. So who knows?

Reactions: Fig

I got $20 on you being wrong. We will soon find out.

Reactions: DairyDictator
Yep. My wife is really pissed at him and sees him as a bully and says she will not vote for him, only good thing is she just says she will not vote at all.
The 19th Amendment is the most colossal mistake in the history of this country

My wife thinks similarly and I took advantage of one evening when she was watching riots in the news to rub her face into the shit that we will all be facing if the democrats win. And I was neither subtle nor gentle.

The 19th Amendment is the most colossal mistake in the history of this country

My wife thinks similarly and I took advantage of one evening when she was watching riots in the news to rub her face into the shit that we will all be facing if the democrats win. And I was neither subtle nor gentle.
Lol, like you know what those two words mean.

By this point Trump shouldn't be able to appoint another Supreme Court justice anyway, if we're going to stick to the standard set in 2015.

Standard is based on the sitting Pres being in his SECOND TERM and was a product of Joe Biden.

Im sure this same response follows as I read on, sorry for repeat posting.

She either has more lives than a cat, or she found the stash of healing potion in the simulation game.