• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rcbs 1500 question

Quest1000

Private
Minuteman
Sep 16, 2017
I picked up a used rcbs 1500 I’m trying to get it set up, but the scale will not settle and stable on a number. I can’t calibrate or do anything with it.

I’m looking for some suggestions on what to try?

ps. It’s away from electronics and air vents.

This one came with an area 419 tray and scoop. I’ll try it thou. Thanks.

I’ve been playing around with it the past hour. On and off. Moving to different spot. Maybe I should try leaving it in and not moving it for half hour. The black knobs are the bottom were loose, one almost fell out so I have them lightly tightened up, is that about right? It’s on a flat table.

Static could be a problem try wiping everything down with a dryer sheet on the the tray, drop tube or anything else and see if it settles down.

Reactions: Quest1000
That’s what I thought. I did the dryer sheet and it didn’t change anything. I bought a new 1500 today to test the area 419 on that scale and it did the same thing. When I used the plastic load tray on my used one it worked fine. Kinda at a loss of what’s going on. The used scale was shipped with the white peanut foam things so I thought it could be static Electricity. Not sure if I need to try a different type of dryer sheet. Lol