• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

RCBS Chargemaster combo - Warranty issue

Macmathews

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 3, 2011
Ontario . Canada
Here's the story, sent RCBS an email as per below to address the fact that my chargemaster dosen't seem to perform as everybody says there does on this site.

EMAIL below

I have had this item for about a year now and find that its accuracy does not equal what my
Research has told me it should. For example, I would say its only accurate to about 2 tenths of a grain.

I can load a charge of say 45 grains, it will read 45.0 but when I check it on my RCBS beam scale its maybe 45.2
The next charge might say its 45.0 grains and it might be exactly 45.0 on the RCBS beam scale !

I have read on the forum I frequent (snipers hide)
That they are accurate to within a tenth

I have tried all the recommended fixes, dryer sheet for static, turned off florescent lights, leveling , calibrating

What can I do ?
What do you recommend.

Response was as follows

Unfortunately the unit is now out of warranty. You can return the unit to us with a check or money order for $45.00 and we will replace the unit and extend another one year warranty. Thanks for choosing RCBS and have a great day!

Thank you,

Technical Services/ap
ATK/RCBS Operation
(800) 533-5000

Re: RCBS Chargemaster combo - Warranty issue

I would try calling them. That might be an automated message given since they don't have an immediate answer. Not exactly the best way to handle it on their end though.

What makes you think your CM is the issue and not the beam scale? Was the issue there prior to the exp of the warranty? Crappy as it may be, the warranty period is one year and you are over.

have you recalaburating? Insure that both scales are level and stable. Have you weighted your provided check weights on both scales?

Am I the only crazy RWNJ that thinks their offer to replace the unit and re-up the warranty for $45 is hella-nice?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: turbo54</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Am I the only crazy RWNJ that thinks their offer to replace the unit and re-up the warranty for $45 is hella-nice? </div></div>

I was thinking the same and I don't even know what a RWNJ is.

I don't think it's such a good deal, it never worked right and isn't really broke.
It's defective and if they had halfway decent customer support , they'd anti up

iMO

Kyle

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kyle MacDonell</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I don't think it's such a good deal, it never worked right and isn't really broke.

iMO

Kyle </div></div>

If it never worked right, why didn't you have this dialogue with RCBS a year ago?

In my experience, RCBS's customer service is AWESOME. Electronics never carry the same warranty as mechanical stuff.

Where did you buy it? Bought mine at cabelas it took a crap and rcbs wouldn't warrenty it. Took it to Cabela's and they refunded my money because I purchased it on my credit card and said sorry if you want a new one get it or we will give you store credit

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: turbo54</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Am I the only crazy RWNJ that thinks their offer to replace the unit and re-up the warranty for $45 is hella-nice? </div></div>

No you are not.

45 bucks to replace and a new warranty and your Bitching. Get real and send the thing in. 45.00 is for shipping. What are you waiting for.

That is a damn good point...

Well one thing I have noticed about the RCBS chargemaster is it runs much more consistant if you leave it on for 30 min or so and let the insides get warm(read it somewhere). After that I get very consistant readings.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kyle MacDonell</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I don't think it's such a good deal, it never worked right and isn't really broke.

iMO

Kyle </div></div>

Seriously? If you had talked to them sooner they'd have hooked you up, no problem. RCBS cs is some of the best. The offer of a new one for 45 bucks is pretty damn good, IMO.

If yours was still under warranty, shipping it back would run you close to $20, so figure you are getting a new one for $25.

RCBS CS is fantastic! A buddy has a Chargemaster and lost the power supply in a move - they sent him a new one - gratis!

$45 for an exchange? Heck of a deal!

Kevin