• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Re-Barrel FN Mauser Action

gasrat

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
Mar 24, 2019
SE Kentucky
I recently required an old FN branded Mauser action. The action has been re-barreled for a 25-06 with a Shaw barrel. This rifle doesn't shoot as well as I would like it to. I was curious if anyone could provide any information about the possibility of anyone offering a prefit barrel for this action? I know nothing about Mauser actions. I've seen something online about big ring or something like that. Someone, at some time, has done a substantial amount of work on this rifle. It's had the Mauser type safety relocated to a Remington 700 style, Leupold bases and rings installed, and dropped into a B&C stock. It's a nice rifle as it sits, but with 3 to 4 MOA groups, that isn't up to par for me. Any information is appreciated.

Shilen does short chambered barrels for mausers for very reasonable prices. Not a true pre-fit though and you’d need a smith to headspace and install it.

Im not a Mauser geek so I don’t know if your variant has the same thread, someone here will know though.

Reactions: gasrat
You might do well to post this in the vintage rifles thread as well, they can probably get you some contact info for good Mauser smiths or parts suppliers.