• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Re barreling of 6.5 cm

Paul1262

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jan 13, 2019
One factor in determining whether or not to re barrel is the declination of muzzle velocity. Is there a range or percentage of muzzle velocity drop that would indicate that you might want to consider re barreling. Thanks.

Reactions: aljones_315
Utah long range shooters did an interview with George Gardner from GAP. It's on youtube. IIRC he said it was somewhere in the 100-200fps range. I could be wrong, but whatever he says, you can probably take to the bank.

I run them till it’s not easy to keep up with adding powder to maintain speed, seems like the ES goes to crap at a similar time as the big drops in speed happens.

If I was in a competition I’d pull it as soon as it started dropping and make it a practice barrel.

Utah long range shooters did an interview with George Gardner from GAP. It's on youtube. IIRC he said it was somewhere in the 100-200fps range. I could be wrong, but whatever he says, you can probably take to the bank.
Thanks, I will check out the youtube.

I run them till it’s not easy to keep up with adding powder to maintain speed, seems like the ES goes to crap at a similar time as the big drops in speed happens.

If I was in a competition I’d pull it as soon as it started dropping and make it a practice barrel.
Thanks.