• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Re-installing Suppressor End Caps

mdesign

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 2, 2004
Nebraska
On a suppressor that has a removable end cap, should one put a little loctite on the threads when going back together or just snug it up and call it good?

I've had good luck using an o-ring. Loctite wouldn't be very effective - and it'd be pretty easy to remove the end cap - considering it loosens under high heat. Throwing an O-ring of appropriate size into the mix has created a very nice seal for me.

I go the opposite, I use copper based anti-sieze to help aide in disassembly at a later time. Those caps have a habit of becoming pretty tight on some cans.

Speaking of anti-seize, might be good to put just a dab on the barrel threads as well?

Speaking of anti-seize, might be good to put just a dab on the barrel threads as well?

Yea, If you want to run the risk of it turning out slowly while your shooting. I don't think anyone ever has a problem of not being able to take their suppressor off their rifle. So why try to fix a problem that doesn't exist?

I guess the only time I would think that it might be something to think of is if you leave the suppressor on the rifle for months at a time and/or for a large amount of shooting.

That's just my view on it I guess.

Anti-seize only goes on the suppressor caps when reassembling. I don't use it for the threads on the rifle as getting the can off of the host is generally not an issue. The anti-seize is there only to aid in disassembly of the suppressor at a later date.