• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

RE Neck turning

CVA12

Private
Minuteman
Jan 7, 2011
Glendale AZ
I dont know how if a lot of guys on the Hide have tight chamber guns, but for those who do I'd like to pass this info along. I just recieved a new neck turning tool for PMA tool this is the best user friendly and quality tool I've seen in a long time. If you turn cases this is the place to go!

Re: RE Neck turning

This?

http://www.pmatool.com/product_info.php/products_id/152

Looks nice!

I use this,
handheld_outside_neck_turner.jpg

For speed I chuck my cases into this,
3jwchuck.jpg

I probably don't need to as only one of my chambers is custom but I like to do it just to know the cases necks are concentric.

Snipe62 copy the web address for the image and just put it between image brackets

Just like that and it will post up the pic.

21st Century tools have a nice neck turner and a lather I would be keen to get my hands on.

Snipe62,

Nice, but not as good as a K&M with the carbide mandrel.

Thanks,
DocB

One does not turn necks for a tactical rifle chamber. It's a cool Benchrest tool, though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One does not turn necks for a tactical rifle chamber. It's a cool Benchrest tool, though.</div></div>

Not just for benchrest. Plenty of High Power guys, F-class, and Palma guys do it as well. There are a few tac comp guys that do it, but not that many. Of those that do, they mostly do it to uniform the neck, not because they are running tight neck chambers.

When you get on down to it, for pure tactical... absolutely... no turning necks. And no reloading for that matter. But LL keeps this section here for all the guys who aren't pros.

My 300WM is tight neck. I have a basic Sinclair International turner set up. One gun, one neck, I don't need the micrometer attachments.

ladderempty.jpg

Yes, those are Lapua hulls
smile.gif

I had a K & M it was hard to get a fine adjustment with that cutter design. With the PMA the mandrel moves to the cutter no slack in the lead screw.

thanks for the heads up VMAN I'll give it a shot I'm old school if it dont have a dial on it I cant make a phone call!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Carter Mayfield</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
When you get on down to it, for pure tactical... absolutely... no turning necks. And no reloading for that matter. But LL keeps this section here for all the guys who aren't pros. </div></div>

Pro's at what exactly?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vman</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Carter Mayfield</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
When you get on down to it, for pure tactical... absolutely... no turning necks. And no reloading for that matter. But LL keeps this section here for all the guys who aren't pros. </div></div>

Pro's at what exactly? </div></div>

Protozoans.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Carter Mayfield</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gov't and LEO. They are issued ammo. No reloading for the job. </div></div>

Which is exactly why their guns will never shoot as good as ours
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vman</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Carter Mayfield</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Pro's at what exactly? </div></div>

Protozoans.
</div></div>

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MALLARD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ooo no you didnt </div></div>

Oh yes I did... I'm serious to. You cannot tune a factory load to a particular rifle. Simple as that. Even if you could get a rifle to shoot consistently 1/2 MOA with factory match ammo, that just means it would shoot even better with a custom load tuned specifically for that rifle. Just sayin...
whistle.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SagebrushShooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MALLARD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ooo no you didnt </div></div>

Oh yes I did... I'm serious to. You cannot tune a factory load to a particular rifle. Simple as that. Even if you could get a rifle to shoot consistently 1/2 MOA with factory match ammo, that just means it would shoot even better with a custom load tuned specifically for that rifle. Just sayin...
whistle.gif

</div></div>

Whoo-who!!! And I thought I stood alone all this time!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TresMon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Whoo-who!!! And I thought I stood alone all this time! </div></div>

No way man! I'm right there with ya!
laugh.gif