• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

READE RANGE " FALL " SNIPER CHALLENGE- CLOSED- FUL

Re: READE RANGE " FALL " SNIPER CHALLENGE- OPEN

Dibs on 1 spot. Sending out payment today. Also sent you PM. Thanks! - Tony

Miker - I would like two shirts size large. I will furnish cash when I get there.

--Fargo007

Damn, thats only like 4 hours away from me. If I can secure a job in the next week or two or I finally get paid for going to WLC earlier this month and the pay is more than I'm expecting I'll grab the final spot if no one else does.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: miker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Got ya Freddy, Whats on the grill ?????? </div></div>

Miker,

Venison.....Hobo style.

I'll definitely do the cooking regardless of what you guys bring.

I'm going to bring the marinated london broil strips again, tortillas, those seasoned potatoes in foil that were cooked in the coals, and perhaps some smoked sausages and shrimp.

Not knowing how hot it will be or how fast the ice will melt, I'm trying to stay away from things that have bacteria issues like eggs, chicken and ground meats. If we have those things, let's cook them on Friday night.

--Fargo007

Match is just around the corner I cant wait!!

Miker, I just found out I can make it. Any spots left? It's my last 2 days of my vacation but my wife doesnt mind staying down the shore while I shoot.
Kevin

You will be last one, please send funds ASAP,......miker

Do to some work conflicts I will not be able to make it to the match. I will offer my spot for free to any law enforcement or military individuals. PM Miker to confirm spot.

Jim

Kevin - get in touch. Want to know if you want to ride up together on Friday.

--Fargo007

Miker, it sounds like a good time, and I would have loved to do this match, but I'll be at Storm Mountain that weekend. I will try my best to make the next one. Good luck to Michigan: Nick and Rich.

Fargo, will do. I will be down the shore that week but I will have to stop home first to get gear. I will PM you when I know my schedule.

Kevin

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Miker, it sounds like a good time, and I would have loved to do this match, but I'll be at Storm Mountain that weekend. I will try my best to make the next one. Good luck to Michigan: Nick and Rich. </div></div>

Thanks Graham! I will need it more than Rich
wink.gif

Will anyone else be camping?

Nick

Nick,I was planning on camping there,hopefully the weather holds out for us!See you there!
Mike

Looks like Thunder storms Friday night and Saturday morning into the afternoon. Any of you guys out in PA have a local forcast that may be a little more accurate?

I'm camping, if you consider sleeping on that stack of cardboard in the back of the shed to be that.

I'm bringing enough food to feed only a couple people, but I will have a fire grill available, and will assist anyone whose cooking technique in my estimation is purchasing them a first class ticket on the botulism express.

Shooters that are camping and don't know what else to bring should bring:

ICE - First and foremost.

Beef (not ground beef, but strips of london broil, flank steak, or something like that) H

Shrimp (shelled)

Smoked Sausages - Not the raw kind, but the ones that are sort of cooked already.

Any vegetables that are suited to grilling (mushrooms, squash, onion, eggplant, etc)

Avoid: Eggs, chicken, any meat on a bone, ground beef, raw sausages (smoked ones are cooked).

Anything you want to cook on the grill prepare it at home such that it is ready to throw right on there and doesn't have to be sliced or shelled or anything.

I'll be getting there in the afternoon. Looks like any rain Friday is morning focused.

It's always fun hanging out and shooting with you guys. I look forward to these matches a lot. See ya tomorrow!

--Fargo007

Packed my shit see you guys tomorrow.

Rich

I will be on range before noon tomorrow, have to pick up shirts from printer, I am closing range about 5:30 for set up, If we don't get it done between relays of sighters, see ya soon.................miker

Ray and I should be there between noon and 1300. Looks like a heavier chance of rain tomorrow though according to WJAC http://www.wjactv.com/weather/index.html Hopefully we'll at least get a 100 yard zero check in.

hey does anyone have the physical address for the reade range..

IMG_2552.jpg

me

IMG_2544.jpg

IMG_2553.jpg

Ray
IMG_2550.jpg

Kyle
IMG_2535.jpg

And Tony doing who knows what to Mike

Rich

Re: READE RANGE " FALL " SNIPER CHALLENGE- CLOSED- FUL

Results are in-

1st place- Rob Ormond (again, and again, and again..........)
2nd- Steve Lyncha (driving a top loading 308!)
3rd- Rich Grinn
4th- Sam Miller
5th- Jamie D

Miker ran another great match, was very competitive and everyone had a great time.
Thanks to Miker and all the sponsors!!
Was great seeing, shooting and hanging w old friends and making news ones, thanks guys. see you back there again.
My apologies to Tom for my FTE brake, was nice and cozy behind the gun but I think a bit noisy to my immediate right.

[img:center]
5y6wi1.jpg
[/img] [img:center]
ztgjzl.jpg
[/img]

Re: READE RANGE " FALL " SNIPER CHALLENGE

Thank you very much Miker for the hard work you put into this. The match continues to grow and improve. The new stages were really sweet, and I thought the degree of difficulty was pretty darn high, but so was the fun factor.

Looking forward to the next one already!

Photos:

http://picasaweb.google.com/fargo007/Reade0809#

If I have any of these wrong, let me know and I'll edit. I took pics of the scoreboard and drew the list from that, but some of the bottom is illegible and cut off.

Stages:

1 - Mil range 7 targets.
2 - locate a crawling match director in ghillie for 100 points. He remained undiscovered far as I know.
3 - KIMS study
4 - CBS - 500Y
5 - 5 round stress fire, 500Y
6 - popups on D targets, 500Y
7 - Barricades, 300Y - Roof shot left hand, roof shot right hand, standing door slot, doggie door, kneeling slide window.
other side: Rafter shot, kneeling, sitting, prone through tiny porthole, and shot off the concrete base.
8 - 300Y popups
9 - Balloon hostage mover, 200Y
10 - KYL on black squares, 200Y
11 - Hostage sprint 'n shoot, 200Y
12 - KIMS answers
13 - ID a face mover and engage 3 shots, 200Y
14 - 10 dot drill, 5 left, 5 right hand, 200Y
18 - Up-Down's 5 second exposures 200Y
20 - LE countersniper shot through plexiglass, 100Y
21 - Day 2 CBS - 800Y
22 - 900Y head shots
26 - Jungle Run. 2 UKD shots ~700Y after a sprint through rocks & woods.
27 - Heartbreaker, 600Y
28 - Zig-Zag Mover, 600Y
30 - Sprint from the 600Y berm to the 500Y berm and fire 5.
31 - Arrive at the pits alive.....

Final Standings:

1 - Rob O
2 - Steve L
3 - Rich G
4 - Sam M
5 - Jamie D
6 - Freddy W
7 - Mike E
8 - Ray W
9 - Kyle G
10 - Ben D
11 - Jake M
12 - Tom P
13 - Nick K
14 - Craig M
15 - Tom P
16 - "Jersey Joe" C
17 - (cannot see, help me out here)
18 - (cannot see, help me out here)
19 - Tony G
20 - Ed S
21 - Mike P
22 - Tom P III
23 - Aaron "Click" C
24 - Tom "Chief" B
25 - John R
26 - Mike H
27 - Dan P
28 - Nick P
29 - Heath Z
30 - Lance B
31 - (? cannot see, help me out)
32 - (? cannot see, help me out)

A hats off to Miker. The work and patience that goes into a match like this is unbelievable. Miker did a great job, and put together a hell of a fun weekend. The shirts are fatastic as well.

Thanks to Miker for putting on a great, great match, at a very fine facility.

Thanks to Freddie for keeping us range rats very well fed.

It was nice to finally put a faces to names, it was great to meet all you guys, and I will be doing spring and fall matches from now on.

Despite my massive elevation issues, I had a blast.

Also, everyone should give Doc from USO props for awarding Cheif B. a USO certificate. USO (DOC) did a great thing by awarding the shooters' whos scope took a dump the certificate.

that was a stand up thing to do. now if only their would have been a rifle builder there that did the same thing.