• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

READE RANGE " FALL " SNIPER CHALLENGE- RESULTS

miker

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 4, 2002
Emporium,Pa
To all:
First I must honor our sponsors for this year, And I must thank Eric for his GREAT job he did.

A.J.Brown Arms Co.
Rock Crek Barrels
Manners Composite Stocks
CDI Precision Gunworks
Phoenix Tactical
ACCU SHOT
Bauer Arms
Cameraland
Grand River Tactical
SWFA
Line Stretch
MAD Machine and Design
Suppressed Armament
Surgeon Rifles
Wolf Precision
Vortex Optics
Black Hat Training Corps
Impact Data Books
Liberty Optics
R.W.Snyder Gunsmithing
Short Actions
LA Precision Rifles
Triad Tactical
ADS
X ring Accuracy
TAB Gear
WELLS CUSTOM Gunsmithing

These were the sponsors for the whole year,and are on the back of our T shirt.

THE RESULTS:

1]Jim Rosasco 1170
2]Jamie Dodson 1091
3]Dave Ostrowske 982
4]Vinny Adams 917
5]Jon Boney 881
6]Sean Ricketts 872
7]Steve Lyncha 836
8]Mike Erb 832
9]Lance Belostock 830
!0]Nick Painter 822
11]David Preston 819
12]Sean Little 814
13]Greg Bartram 783
14]Mike Fiesta 771
15]Ed Stakel 753
16]Fred Wissing 746
17]Tom Pooley 693
18]Mike Heriot 683
19]Tom Bowes 658
20]Richard Jones 664
21]Jake Mogish 655
22]Nick Kulengosky 642
23]Chris Soyka 640
24]Sam{SON OF SAM}{mini}Miller 608 {14 yrs old}
25]Eric Underriner 606
26]Kris Davinsizer 523
27]Pat Seda 499
28] Gene Moore 427

I must thank ALL the shooters Again, For putting Chris and my name in for the drawings, I came away with a Storm Mt. Data book with a Grand River Tactical cover, THANK YOU ALL

I hope everyone had a GREAT time,And will come back.

Please if you took any pictures, please post them

miker out.

Re: READE RANGE " FALL " SNIPER CHALLENGE- RESULTS

Great match Miker, went really well, anyone got any pictures to post?

Had a great time with everyone, congradulations to Jim, Jamie, Dave, Vinny, Jon, and Sean you guys shot really well.

I had a great time, even taking time doing the cooking. :)

I need better hearing protectors. They were fine for the shooting but not for blocking out the snoring.

Some nice shots I saw:

Jimmy R - Well, the scores tell the story about him well enough. Congrats on some very fine shooting all day. Earned and not given.

Jamie D with a 1st round hit on a 1/2 size ipsc plate at 950Y.

Dave Ostrowske with a whopping 46/50 on a 600Y mover.

Dave again with a beautiful 100 point hit on the 5" dot from 1000Y.

Son of Sam out there chucking them with the big boys. - Stamping his name on this match at that age is going to make him absolutely kickass in the future. I was proud to see him out there doing so well.

Lance - Nearly running the orange plates out at 600Y. If there was a "most improved" award, IMHO it was earned by Lance.

Nick P - I remember a baseball size group of spotters out there at 1000Y or so. That was impressive.

I loved the stages. Favorites are movers, popups, and that 300'ish one with the steel, the runner, the three walkers and the B27A.

Thanks Miker Eric, and Chris Jep for your hard work. And to the sponsors, a big thank you. I won the vortex recon, and it is awesome!

Looking forward to the springtime!

--Fargo007

Great match Mike, thank you very much. Jungle run, 100 yard dash, and the barricades are still my favorites, but the steel/runner/walkers/dot drill was pretty good too. Way to shake things up a bit. Looking forward to spring match. How 'bout another winter match?

Great job running the pits Chris. Having been in that position last spring its not as easy at it seems and it is a lot of hard work. Eric, thanks for organizing the sponsors, prizes. Thanks to all the sponsors for giving a damn and pitching in.

Jim, Jamie, Dave, Vinny, Jon, congratulations on the top 5.

Gotta give Sam some credit for being a cool dad. While all the other 15 yr olds are out playing call of duty, his son is blasting targets. He shot well. And Friday morning he had a first round hit on steel at 1000, plus two follow up shots just to prove he's serious. Maybe the next one you two can team up and both shoot.

I've got a few pictures and I'll post them later when I can find a free moment.

Steve

Guys,
Not getting along w Tinypic and the Sierra Nevada's are taking their toll. I will email all the pics to Miker but here's 1st through 5th, a group shot of the top 5, and a full group shot. Also tossed in a pic of Mini Sam/Son of Sam w Nick from Grand River Tactical, he just turned <span style="font-weight: bold">14</span>!!! He had a crappy Sat but rebounded w the 12th highest score on Sunday, so watch out in a couple years gents, he's looking for scalps.
Good to see all the old friends and meet all the new ones, as an observer this time I can tell you the level of competition as well as the quality is getting better and better at this match. Thanks to all the sponsors and Miker for another great match and for letting the boy shoot.
Congrats to my friend Jim R for smoking everyone in fine style, well done.
See you all next year at Reade!

[img:center]
keuro3.jpg
[/img] [url="http://i33.tinypic.com/keuro3.jp"]http://i33.tinypic.com/keuro3.jp[/url]

[img:center][img]http://i38.tinypic.com/30a7vyt.jpg[/img]
hwd3pk.jpg
[/img]
6445j8.jpg
[/img]
2v1b095.jpg
[/img]
53u6c7.jpg
[/img]
ourypi.jpg
[/img]
3452adl.jpg
[/img] g[/IMG]

Match winner Jim Rosasco (the southpaw) and Steve Lyncha throwing down on the Jungle Run.
[img:center]http://
kex89f.jpg
[/img]

THE COURSE OF FIRE:

stage 1 & 2
mildot range 6 known size targets and find me {match director} in ghillie ,crawling on range 30 mins

KIMS CARD GAME, remember 5 playing cards

stage 3
CBS 600yd mover

stage 4
"HEARTBREAKER" 10 shots in 2 1/2 mins, ammo 20ft from firing line, one shot at a time

stage 5
ladder shot, at 3/8 inch dot, 14yds, angle shot

stage 6
STRESSER, 700yds ,5 shots, with people yelling at you

stage 7
run from 700yd line to 500yd line ,rough country,5 shots in 3 1/2 mins

stage 8
500yd pop ups

stage 9
engage metal gong,which starts runner,then three walkers, and then b27, 3 min time limit, 330yds

stage 10
A side, one shot from window sill, then through window to roof top, one shot each side, then one shot sitting using barricade,then one shot rifle laying flat,scope to left, in 2 1/2 mins

B side, one shot, kneeling unsupported, one shot through doggy door,then one shot through window,then one shot off truse bed, then climb though attic trap door, one shot off plateform, 2 1/2 mins

stage 11
UP DOWNS,200yds, standing ,drop to ground and shot,five times

stage 12
200yds, balloon hostage mover

stage 13
KIMS CARD GAME,100yds 5 cards 45 sec

stage 14
10 dot drill, 10 shots 45 sec

stage 15
100yds,one shot through plexiglass at target

END DAY ONE

DAY TWO

stage 1
CBS 700 yds

stage 2
800yds 3 spotters,then 3 head shots

stage 3
900yds,SAME AS ABOVE

stage 4
1000yds,SAME AS ABOVE

stage 5
1000yd,4 metal gongs, plus closest to center bonus shot

stage 6
5 gongs at 600yds

stage 7
"JUNGLE RUN" run taped course with barricades, 5 shots in 3 1/2 mins, 700 yds

stage 8
600yds READE RANGE loop hole movers, 10 shots

stage 9
FACE MOVERS, 100yds, 5 movers going,all with different faces,find yours and shoot 5 shots

END DAY TWO, END OF MATCH

miker

Great match mike! I had a blast for my first sniper competition.
Here's some pics I snapped on my iphone.

IMG_0123.jpg

IMG_0119.jpg

IMG_0126.jpg

Good time with good friends, old and new. Congrats Jim, you earned it all the way, and thanks for the spots to you and the others through the shoot. Also congrats to Dave, Vinny and Jon. Thanks Mike for running a great match and Chris for running the pits and Eric for all the effort he put into the prize table.

To Sam's son - Good Shooting and it was a pleasure shooting with you. You have one cool Dad that forgoes the match to help his Son experience something new like competitive shooting. PS - You made me feel my age on the jungle run. Hope you enjoy the video.

See you all in the Spring : )

JamieD

Great group of guys, good time for all, can't wait to shoot in the winter match,

Hay who won the suppressor?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DaveWells</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great group of guys, good time for all, can't wait to shoot in the winter match,

Hay who won the suppressor?
</div></div>

Sean Ricketts was the lucky supressor winner--from NFA friendly NC. A great guy winning a great prize! Thanks for your support Dave!

Eric

First off I want to thank Mike, Chris, and Eric for all there hard work in putting this match on..
In my opinion, the match was very well organized, and ran very smooth.. Not alot of down time.. If your not shooting, your moving.
Eric, A big thanks for all your effort on the prize table.. takes alot of your time for sure.. Thank you!!

Congratulations to Jim for his win... Great job also to Jamie, Vinny, and Jon..

Freddy, Thanks for keeping track of my scores, that was very helpful for a newbie like myself. I really had no idea what I was getting into with this shoot...

Thanks to everyone, this was a fun match, and I learned a thing or two also..

Hope to see everyone at the next one...

Dave.O

Just got a chance to snap a few pics since my camera died, Ive got a few on my phone too that i have to upload. Thanks Mike for running a great match, thanks to Chris for working the pits. I look forward to doing it again soon. Great times once again especially hanging out by the camp fire while boney called richard a bloody wanka that eats whoppas.
P1010474.jpg

P1010478.jpg

P1010470.jpg

P1010469.jpg

P1010492.jpg

IMG00026-20100808-0927-1.jpg

IMG00024-20100808-0926.jpg

Wow, what a great time and a great bunch of guys to shoot with. Congratulations Jim, you really cleaned house! Jamie, Dave, and Vinny, congrats to you guys also – you all shot well.

Mike, Sam, and Chris – Thanks for all the hard work on the match prep, execution, and scoring. Definitely a lot of work involved in keeping things organized.

To all of our sponsors – THANK YOU! Without the support from you guys, our sport would not survive!

Sean Ricketts – Thanks brother! I appreciate your support and being a solid teammate. Good shooting also!

Eric, Mike, Richard, Vinny, Sean R., and Sean L. – Thanks for a great time at Camp Reade. The laughs, food, and beer are always great.

Sam Jr. (son of Sam) – Congratulations on your first match! You did really well and have an Awesome Dad! At the age of 14, you have time on your side to develop and be a superb marksman. Keep up the practice!

The rest of you (not good with names) – It was a pleasure to meet and shoot with you all.

I look forward to seeing you guys again at the next match.

Keep it point of aim, point of impact!
Jon

Good to see all my buds again. Jim shot like an animal, and bested my closest to the bull for relay 2 by 3 inches, which would have set me in fourth place (100 points)!!

Congrats to Jim, Dave O., Jamie, Vince, Boney for shooting so well. Jamie never ceases to amaze me with tiny cluster at long range. 9/10 head shots at 800, 900, and 1000 is impressive.

Son of Sam made quite a showing for a 14 y/o young man, did better here than I did in my first match. Sam, your going to have a regular RockStar Lester on your hands. Very good shooting Junior. If your bummed about your position, don't be, you scored well, with good shots, against people who have been doing it longer than you have been alive. You did great, and looking forward to shooting with ya again in the spring.

Mike, good match, loved all the movers this time. Loved stage 9, day 1. Awesome! Lots of this would kick ass. You have the facility and means to put on kick ass stages like this, and I am glad to see them.......more please!!!!!!

Thanks to Cameraland (I got the minox camera/player), and all the other sponsors.

Nick

Nick, forgot to mention you and Chris. Good to see you guys again and shoot along with you. Glad you could join us for a few laughs also..

Time to chime in and don't know where to start.

Thanks goes out to Miker. Its been fun this year and this match ran much smoother and had better stages than the one in the Spring. Plus the weather kicked ass.

Chris and Steve, thanks for the work in the pits. This behind the scenes work keeps the match running and I appreciate the time you guys volunteered for the matches.

Sam, thanks for your work with the scores and keeping things straight and fair. Like the work Chris and Steve had put forth, I appreciate the time you spent crunching the numbers.

I want to thank Eric Underriner for all his work putting the prize table together. In each match, everyone walked away with something. Even though we don't shoot these matches for the prizes, it means a lot.

To those who donated over the year, THANK YOU for your generosity and your support of our community. Even in these economic times, your generosity never fails to impress me. Those who have personally touched my life, LIBERTY OPTICS and DAVID WELLS. THANK YOU! I'll be in touch soon Dave!

OK, now for the match itself. Great coarse of fire and great group of guys. Squad two was a great group of guys and we represented well with eight shooters in the top ten. There was a lot of support among the shooters and NO attitude.

To the top five, Jim, Jammie, Dave, Vinny and Jon. You guys all shot exceptionally well and should be very proud. A special congrats goes to my teammate Jon for making the top five and geting TEAM ACE on the podium. Vinny, I think you could have given Jim a run if you had a different scope. Getting lost in elevation revolutions is no way to go through life son.

For the guys who shared our camp site, I had a great time shootin the shit around the fire, drinking beer, smoking cigars, eating good food and telling lies. I hope see you all again for the next match. Nick and Chris, next time you guys need to set up camp with us, glad you guys stopped in for a while.

Sam Jr... awesome showing. It is great to see the next generation out on the range. You give us all hope. The smile on your Dad's face was epic and I'm sure he enjoyed watching you as much as he does shooting the matches himself. He's got a lot to be proud of.

In short, thanks to everyone who puts this together, donates to it and shoots it. It is a great time and I'm looking forward to the next.

I was asked to post first day scores

1]Jim R 774
2]Vinny A 746
3]Jamie D 739
4]Dave O 654
5]Sean R 633
6]Nick P 625
7]Jon B 611
8]Mike E 610
9]Fred W 606
10]Sean L 605
11]Steve L 588
12]Dave P 575
13]Chris S 551
14]Lance B 535
15]Tom B 510
16]Mike F 500
17]Greg B 495
18]Mike H 494
19]Richard J 493
20]Tom P 488
21]Nick K 474
22]Ed S 474
23]Jake M 448
24]Pat S 435
25]Eric U 428
26]Sam{SON OF SAM}{MINI}M 379
27]Kris D 349
28]Gene M 278

miker out

Jim R and Ranger
2uigr4m.jpg
[/img]
Mini and Dad
4qfz4g.jpg
[/img]
Winner of Triad donated drag bag
[img:center]http://
2yl8w78.jpg
[/img]

Just like to say a big thank-you to the sponsors for their contributions (especially TAB for the shooting mat) and Miker for providing me another educational weekend of challenging shooting. This was an extremely well run event, both the course of fire and the pit operation was top-notch and very professional.

Thank-you & Well done!

It was also nice to spend time with and meet new/old friends.
Well done to Jim and Jamie and Vince (didn't get to wish you well on Sunday).

To my new friends from the South (Jon/Sean) you are a pair of F'in Wankers
grin.gif
and I wouldn't say that if I didn't like you guys!

Looking forward to the next one.

RJ

Sean and Jon, it is ALWAYS a good time! Really looking forward to the spring Reade and ASC!

Thanks again to Eric, for the unendig work that he does.

I would also like to put up there should be a most improved shooter recognition award, and in this case it was Lance B. Lance shot his ass off, nearly clearing the orange circles that most, including me, choked the dog on. Congrats, and great shooting Lance B.! Lance really dominated the long range portion of the match.

Hey Sam, it really gets expensive from here, 2 of everything. But it's the best money you will spend. And I know the pride you feel.
Hats off to the young man.

Hey All- Another great Reade match! Thanks to all for making it a fantastic event both socially and shooting wise. Special thanks to everyone who hooked up my unprepared butt--a match duing the middle of a move can make for one unprepared shooter and camper!

Congrats to those who shot well. Special thanks to Mike and Chris for generously giving your time and most importanly, the sponsors who continue to amaze with their unflinching support.

Jerseymike--what can I say, you are a great friend and shooting buddy. Jon and Ricketts--great seeing you guys--you'll be missed at ASC. Vinny--thanks for you service bro! Nick--smokes and a vest--you are truly a gentleman! Little--thanks for being you. RJ- Rally driving and euro-techno--quite a drive. If the Brits depended upon you for navigation, they would have colonized Siberia!
smile.gif

See y'all in the Spring.

E-

A big thank you to Mike,Chris, Sam, and Eric! I felt this match ran great, very organized, not much down time, everything flowed well, and some surprises(liked that new stage Mike!). Always good to see familiar faces, Jon,Nick,Jim,Sean, Tom, etc, etc. And new ones,Sam jr, Vinny, and Dave O.( I still think you were sandbagging!). Congratulations to all the winners, a well shot match, see you all in the spring!

Mike

Just like to post JamieD's 1000yrd sighters for the "head shot" stage..
IMG00314-1.jpg

That group was about 1.5" wide and less than 3" tall!

Watch out guys.. we've seen what Jamie can do with a .223 and now he has a long distance round/rifle..

RJ

On a lighter note.. I witnessed some inter service "LOVE"..

IMG00316.jpg

Sorry "coasty" -- Miker made me swear to post that!

RJ

To all the prize table winners: Please call,write or Email our sponsors, They need to hear from you "THE SHOOTERS".

Also I forgot to mention the donation from Ed,Jake and Nick {TEAM ON TARGET} the metal target, Which was given to high active service---winner---Vinny Adams.

Am really surprised noone said anything about the COLD BORE MOVER, Trying to give real life stages,

All in all, I learned alot too, Am still thinking, wait till spring.

Keep in touch..........miker out

Looks like Jim R. was using an Eliseo RTM Tube gun stock. Very slick. And was he shooting a weak side stage in the photo or is he a southpaw? (post - #1976090 - 08/09/10 06:16 PM)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: miker</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> wait till spring.</div></div>

Payment in route.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bolloxinaspanner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like Jim R. was using an Eliseo RTM Tube gun stock. Very slick. And was he shooting a weak side stage in the photo or is he a southpaw? (post - #1976090 - 08/09/10 06:16 PM)</div></div>

Jim sports a Pierce Action in the Eliseo RTM. Jim is a southpaw, but has no weak side.<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gme</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Congrats Jim, nice job buddy!</div></div>

And if you want to know more about the Eliseo stocks, just ask this guy
wink.gif
If you want good information, get it from the source!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jerseymike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe we can incorporate some pistol for spring. =)</div></div>

THIS!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HasgunWilltravel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

And if you want to know more about the Eliseo stocks, just ask this guy
wink.gif
If you want good information, get it from the source!

THIS!!! </div></div>
Got one
my source:
http://competitionshootingstuff.com/

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: arrrrgh15</div><div class="ubbcode-body">couple more picks....

P8070038.jpg

P8070040.jpg
</div></div>

eric, it looks like you died in the second picture.

Mike thanks for putting together such a diverse and interesting shoot. This was my first opportunity to shoot movers and now I know I need to practice. Next year I might just pass on trying to hit your moving hostage target; it cost me to many points.

Chris thanks for keeping things moving in the pits I am sure you would rather be behind a rifle than in the pits for two days.

Eric the prize table was great and obviously required a large time commitment to put it together so thanks for your involvement and keep shooting the 7wsm, I will.

If someone wants to post a video for me from the event PM me and I can get it to you. I do not have a You Tube account to move it from.
Congratulations to the top finishers Jim, Jamie, Dave, and Vinnie. I did not get a chance to meet everyone at the match but everyone I spoke with was helpful, friendly, and very informative. This is what makes these matches so great. Everyone wants to win or finish at the top but every shooter is willing to help the shooter next to him.

Now that I have started competing at these matches I love it and I plan on being a familiar face in the future.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhyJg5uzRaI

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jerseymike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">eric, it looks like you died in the second picture. </div></div>

The only thing that died that weekend was my pride!!