• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Real Deal Wilcox/KVC/RQE/etc vs Chicom Knock-Offs - Buy American???

I would be especially interested in a comparison between the Sotac and an Argus mount, if you own one. I've read multiple times that Argus is a higher quality version of Chinesium, superior to Sotac, but nobody has been able to explain why.

Imagine paying 600$ for a Wilcox Skeetir FTS mount with dubious QC when the 50$ SOTAC one work just fine.
Imagine funding the PLA by buying shit that funds R&D that will be used against Americans and their Allies one day.

Cool they can steal an idea and make a clone. Doubt it is materially the same and has not been tested( which is a large part of the cost in conjunction with low unit volume, it's niche). Trust your 12k BNVDs with it.

It's like using a set of Walmart rings between your AI and Tangent.

Reactions: Downtown
Imagine funding the PLA by buying shit that funds R&D that will be used against Americans and their Allies one day.

Cool they can steal an idea and make a clone. Doubt it is materially the same and has not been tested( which is a large part of the cost in conjunction with low unit volume, it's niche). Trust your 12k BNVDs with it.

It's like using a set of Walmart rings between your AI and Tangent.
Unfortunately, you have a point:
https://www.vermilionchina.com/p/unwitting-americans-support-the-chinese

One is real ($450), one is fake (eBay Sotac, $65 delivered).

I thought there would be more of a difference. If it weren’t for the fact that the “real” one has been used and has some marks, I legit can’t tell them apart. In fact, the dovetail locks up tighter on the Sotac.

This is nuts.

View attachment 8406023
View attachment 8406024

@ Horta, have you ever considered the Surefire lights @ SOTAC? and if so? were you able to get any "feedback" on the quality etc and if they would last on a "real" firearm? I know over on LF.net that a member tested some Somogear PEQ's & they held up pretty well (for what it is)
Cheers