• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Reality show in a NC GUN SHOP seeks participants

hlb323

Private
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2011
Hi All -

My name is Helen and I'm a segment producer for a brand new reality TV series that will be filming in Fayetteville, NC. The show is very similar to the popular pawn shop shows that air on TV now.

The show, produced by Zodiak USA and to be aired on a major cable network, revolves around the locally owned and run Guns Plus located in Spring Lake, NC on Bragg Boulevard. The show documents people and their possessions as they enter Guns Plus looking to make a deal and testing out the guns at the store's shooting range. The shop buys and sells all sorts of weaponry including exotic high end and antique guns and we are looking for the people to buy or sell those items - new, old, non-functioning antiques, modifications...things of that nature.

The segments would take about an hour and a half to film and potential buyers and sellers would negotiate a deal with the owner of the shop and then test out their gun at the store's firing range. The show is set to film in January and I am reaching out to local gun clubs and organizations like yours to see if anyone in their membership would be interested in being on the show.

I'd love to speak with anyone interested as soon as possible, so please feel free to forward this email to anyone you think would like to be on the show. You can call me at (917) 830-4132 or email at [email protected]

Thank you so much for your time and I look forward to hearing from you!

All the best,
Helen

Re: Reality show in a NC GUN SHOP seeks participants

Thanks for telling us which shop it is so we make sure we never step foot in it. Just what we need, another show about dumbasses and guns...like that show with the redjacket asshats wasnt enough.

Helen, read this thread and all the others like it.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2970908#top

Maybe that will tell you and the folks you work for what needs to be done. These reality shows about guns are insulting to anyone with a brain. They help the gun industry and gun owners the same way Mythbusters is cranking out PHD Physicist's all over the country.
sick.gif

Helen,

<span style="text-decoration: line-through">Thank you, and possibly Christine, for attempting to communicate with people knowledgeable in this area of expertise. There are many on this site that have more knowledge than all of the current "stars" representing gun owners combined. Considering the current "talent" being portrayed on television currently, I respectfully question the media's intent/objective of the allegedly highly rated gun shows. Had you taken a day to read some of the discussion linked above, you will see the general sentiment knowledgeable people have for the excrement being produced by the "pro-gun" media.</span>

I see you are looking for idiots to play along. Sorry.

I don't think I'm eccentric or anti-social enough for a show like that, but if you give bonuses for creativity in acting I may consider putting on a asshat and participating.
I tried out for Survivor 2, and got a callback, but they chose a 21 year old secretary with hair down to her ass instead. They asked me why I thought I could win, and I said Cannibalism seemed a reasonable plan, and it would probably really up the ratings too.

Hi Teggy -

We aren't looking for "idiots" nor are we looking to portray anyone in a negative light. I did read the links sent to me on this thread and am thankful for them as they helped me redirect and focus my efforts.

Perhaps surprising to you, several members of this forum contacted me and I submitted them for possible segments. Very interesting stories, with interesting guns. I am excited for their stories to get out there.

If anyone is interested, please get in touch as we still have some slots available and start filming next week!

Best,
Helen Berger
[email protected]
(917) 830-4132

Hmmm. Cannibals on CBS? Yeah...there may be something to that.
grin.gif

Thanks for the link, coldboremiracle, going to check it out. And I agree, we don't need another show that makes gun owners look irresponsible or insults anyone with a brain. That's not what we are doing here.
Best,
Helen

I know you've posted this appeal in other forums, and I'd just like you to take this message back to your production companies and such.

The growing proliferation of 'reality' shows is becoming an annoying blot upon the common bandwidth. History channels that show scant history, and discovery channels that show unappealing characters performing disastrous stunts for questionable reasons are becoming a disturbing norm.

It's worse than watching a train wreck. It's akin to staging one, then charging admission to a private showing with close-ups of the gory aftermath.

Laudable taste and decent conscience appear sorely lacking from the product.

It may be a product of giving the public what it wants, in a latter day emulation of the regularly scheduled 'entertainments' common to the original Roman Coliseum. What the public wants falls short of being a credible motivation.

I can't honestly determine how much 'truth' is depicted, but I can say that these entertainments appear clumsily contrived and deliberately intended to pander to the voyeur in far too many individuals whose last vestige of good taste has died long past.

When I consider what I'd like to see from entertainment programming, an effort to leave the world at least a small amount better after my contribution, such 'reality' programming appears to be deliberately contrived to produce the opposite.

Had I wanted to degrade the general conscience and intellectual prowess of a viewing public, staging a continuous visual diet of 'reality' programming such as has become popular of late would be a stratagem that ranks high on my list of immediate goals.

When viewed in such a light, it should not be so surprising to you that so many here greet your appeal so negatively.

Greg

I would have looked at a different gunshop then that one for the series. I have been in there a few times and I will never go back again. There is a saying around this area that friends don't let friends shop at guns plus. Very expensive to say the least and the staff is not the friendliest either. They tried selling my buddy a used upper that was 800 bucks more than a new one with nothing else other than what came from the factory. I would have looked at Shooter's Supply or Jim's pawn that both are better known and respected that this shop.

FYI

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greg Langelius *</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know you've posted this appeal in other forums, and I'd just like you to take this message back to your production companies and such.

The growing proliferation of 'reality' shows is becoming an annoying blot upon the common bandwidth. History channels that show scant history, and discovery channels that show unappealing characters performing disastrous stunts for questionable reasons are becoming a disturbing norm.

It's worse than watching a train wreck. It's akin to staging one, then charging admission to a private showing with close-ups of the gory aftermath.

It may be a product of giving the public what it wants, in a latter day emulation of the regularly scheduled 'entertainments' common to the original Roman Coliseum. What the public wants falls short of being a credible motivation.

I can't honestly determine how much 'truth' is depicted, but I can say that these entertainments appear clumsily contrived and deliberately intended to pander to the voyeur in far too many individuals whose last vestige of good taste has died long past.

When I consider what I'd like to see from entertainment programming, an effort to leave the world at least a small amount better after my contribution, such 'reality' programming appears to be deliberately contrived to produce the opposite.

Had I wanted to degrade the general conscience and intellectual prowess of a viewing public, staging a continuous visual diet of 'reality' programming such as has become popular of late would be a stratagem that ranks high on my list of immediate goals.

When viewed in such a light, it should not be so surprising to you that so many here greet your appeal so negatively.

Greg </div></div>

+1 for Greg.

It's a shame when businesses exploit people and have no remorse. They say a fool and his gold soon departed.. There's still hope they'll have a hard time finding a bunch of J-O's to participate in the show, but we all know by looking around it wouldn't be hard.

Almost as bad at the show Axe Men which use to be a cool show till i saw the premier last night when a so called supervisor grab an employee around the neck and choked the shit out of him. How crazy is that...I was hoping the guy was going to smash his face in with a shovel for grabbing him like that, but no luck... All for TV i guess.

what about a show where I can debut my 40mm dildo launcher.....it could be a game changer!

I think if you need ideas for a REALITY SHOW..then perhaps its not so real is it?????

Do you have any pics?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greg Langelius *</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know you've posted this appeal in other forums, and I'd just like you to take this message back to your production companies and such.

Greg </div></div>

Greg, I'm quoting you in hopes that people scrolling will have to at least recognize, if not read, your post again. Thank you for so clearly communicating a thought that occupies more of my consciousness than I would like.

Why aren't more shows like the Stephen Hawking one being made? If you say, "because people aren't smart enough to understand what he is talking about," then I ask again, why?