• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Really Right Stuff / Leica 2700b, 2000, 1600 Tripod adapter

BLopina

For Sale Access
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 14, 2017
Rancho Cordova, CA
I was chatting with a RRS Soar rep and asking him if they would make a Tripod adapter for the Leica CRF rangefinders including the 2700b. He is concerned about the popularity of such a product. With the 2700b being hands down the best ranger under 1K I figured it might do well for them.

How many of you would be interested in a RRS tripod adapter for the 2700b? ideally with an ARCA footplate with a 1/4”-20 threaded hole on the bottom?

I’m hoping it would be very similar to the Kilo Mount they make.

Please post up if this interests you.

Reactions: Nukite
I’m not sure if it’s just my unit but with the LRI foot that puts tension on the LRF to lock it in place, it seems too big and puts my rangefinder in a weird position when I lock it onto the plate.

The RRS version for the Kilo seems very refined and I like the idea of an ARCA foot instead of an adapter plate. This way when panning on a ballhead the plate doesn’t come loose.

Attachments

• BED75708-F4F6-421D-9F48-3A45D21D4FC6.jpeg
    BED75708-F4F6-421D-9F48-3A45D21D4FC6.jpeg
    325 KB · Views: 135
I saw the OEM version and it looks good. I like having the unit fully enclosed by the adapter and again I’d like an integral ARCA foot

Thanks guys... they more interest they see here the more likely they are to do it. He is aware of this post. I know the 2700 will become more popular but it’s still a relatively new product.

I'm waiting for my new Leicac 3000's. If RRS had a mount, I'd buy one.

Those 3000 HD-B will be sweet. Only downside is the lack of a good bino adapter,

Have you seen the Outdoorsmans bino hand? They pretty much designed that for the Leica

Those 3000 HD-B will be sweet. Only downside is the lack of a good bino adapter,

Have you seen the Outdoorsmans bino hand? They pretty much designed that for the Leica

I been hunting for years with Leica binos and Terrapins so looking forward to getting my hands on the new range finding Leica's and hopefully be able to simplify my pack.
I have lookied at Outdoorsman's products. Looks like good stuff. I need to take a closer look.

They are a top notch group of guys over there. Amazing customer service and quality products. I’ve had nothing but amazing experiences with them.

I recently tested the new terrapin and the 2700b. Haven’t tried the Leica Binos yet. But it appears all 3 units are based on the same technology and laser.

I have had amazing results with the 2700b. Consistent performance to 2000 yards on trees and large objects. 1500 on steel consistently. The tight beam is awesome.

I recently tested the new terrapin and the 2700b. Haven’t tried the Leica Binos yet. But it appears all 3 units are based on the same technology and laser.

I have had amazing results with the 2700b. Consistent performance to 2000 yards on trees and large objects. 1500 on steel consistently. The tight beam is awesome.

I'll sure give those guys a call. Thanks for reminding me of them.

I really got interested when I was told the beam will be even better with the 3000's.
Do you use the ballistics function with your 2700's? Guys I hunt with don't use it. They use their Kestrels.

Naw, I use my kestrel because it’s so accurate. However a couple guys have written reviews on the function and have been able to get the curves to line up pretty well.

For hunting I think it would be great. For competition I want the most accurate results possible and that’s where the kestrel comes in.

Generally a stage is 2 or more targets so it doesn’t make sense to have to tag every target to get my come ups

Got ya.
I'll be using mine pretty much just for hunting so I hoping the ballistic function will be pretty easy to set up and prove to be accurate Of course there seems to always be wind so probably still going to need the kestrel.

Im curious as to your findings in a direct comparison between the Terrapin X and 2700B?

check out the thread on the terrapin x. They are pretty similar in terms of ranging abilities. The 2700 was able to hit 2000 yards on a tree in smoke and I could get 2200 with the Terrapin-x.

both are Leica made for sure. Same reticle and beam divergence.
Terrapin interfaces with kestrel where 2700 does not. But if you don’t care about that the Leica is a good way to save some $$

So I've got two options for my RRS set up, right?

1 - buy the OEM unit and an arca plate - $100+

2 - buy the LRI adapter and an arce plate - $100+

I'm in for petitioning RRS to make something like they did for the Sig, at right around $75

Just an update on the 2700b.

I had a chance to use it at Rock Lake NRL last week. We were able to range hillsides to 2700 yards on the overcast day. I was able to consistently get returns on any steel they had setup. I think the furthest was around 1300 yards.

This rangefinder is a huge value at 900$. In my opinion just as good as the terrapin-x at half the price. I have compared both side by side.

I just picked up the Leica CTR 2400-r - The thing is incredible!

It ranged off everything that I could see to 2303 yds.

Would LOVE to have the RRS mount for it.

Quick questions! Does the same LRI mount that fits the Leica 1600B also fit the 2000, 2400, and 2700 series? Has anyone with a 1600B been able to use the same mount on a 2700B without issue?

Did you end up with one, if so any good? I think I'm going to order one.

That's what I ended up with as well for my 2700B. Not the prettiest thing in the world but grips the rangefinder tightly, still fits in the carry case, and locks up tight in RRS clamps.